Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday Injury Updates - Cotch misses Sat practice (merged)

Hall Of Fame

Saturday Injury Updates - Cotch misses Sat practice (merged)

[QUOTE] The Jets just released their official injury report. Aside from WR Jerricho Cotchery, they have a few other players that may not play.

CB Lito Sheppard (quadriceps) was limited again and was listed as doubtful, which means he almost certainly will miss his third straight game. CB Donald Strickland (ankle) was declared out. No surprise.

After practicing Friday on a limited basis, RT Damien Woody (foot) didn't practice at all and was listed as questionable. If he can't play, he'll be replaced by Wayne Hunter.

S Kerry Rhodes (knee) was limited for the third straight day and was listed as questionable, but he's expected to play.

PK Jay Feely did not practice and was listed as probable, but this isn't injury-related, according to the team. As I wrote on the previous, there was no access to Rex Ryan today to question him.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2009/10/more-injury-news.html#ixzz0TYqUliQU"]The Jets' Stream[/URL]

I thought Lito was going to play, I don't know what happened. Not happy to see he's going through injury problems again (like in Philly).

Ah, I really hope Hunter doesn't start. Team seems pretty banged up right now.

Well, at least there's no chance we're going to have to give Philly any more draft picks for Shepherd.

I don't know if missing the CB's this week is too bad - but Woody would definitely be missed...

[QUOTE=Super Mario;3301072][URL="http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2009/10/more-injury-news.html#ixzz0TYqUliQU"]The Jets' Stream[/URL]

I thought Lito was going to play, I don't know what happened. Not happy to see he's going through injury problems again (like in Philly).

Ah, I really hope Hunter doesn't start. Team seems pretty banged up right now.[/QUOTE]

If Sheppard is in the least bit hobbled, best to sit his ass just to ensure Philly gets no additional picks beyond the 5th rounder they already got last April. Keep Sheppard's number of snaps below 75% and no contract extension/ March bonus. The Jets can't afford to give Philly anything in next year's draft with our 3rd and 5th already gone to Mangini.

In regards to the Sheppard trade, is the 2010 pick we may have to give them only pending on his playing time or do we have to give them at worst a late pick regardless?

Would like to hold onto as many of our picks as possible, especially since we gave up a 3 and a 5 for Edwards.

Hope Sheppard plays nonetheless. And Cotchery and Woody as well. Fortunately this looks like the easier portion of our schedule.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Dcat;3301080]If Sheppard is in the least bit hobbled, best to sit his ass just to ensure Philly gets no additional picks beyond the 5th rounder they already got last April. Keep Sheppard's number of snaps below 75% and no contract extension/ March bonus. The Jets can't afford to give Philly anything in next year's draft with our 3rd and 5th already gone to Mangini.[/QUOTE]

We have an entire season and off season to recoupe all our pics and more back from Mangini.

Hall Of Fame

Cotch misses Sat. practice

[QUOTE]10/10 At this morning's practice, wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery (hamstring) didn't practice for the second day this week and is listed as questionable for the Jets' Monday night game at Miami.

The "questionable" designation means there's a 50/50 chance a player can play his team's upcoming game. The Jets are hopeful to be able to pair Cotchery and newly acquired WR Braylon Edwards in the offense for the first time against the Dolphins.

The other hot-button injury area has been cornerback. Lito Sheppard (quadriceps) worked on a limited basis today and is doubtful for the Dolphins. Donald Strickland (ankle) didn't work and is listed as out for the third straight game. Both were injured in Game 2 against New England.

Two other players didn't participate in practice at the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center. T Damien Woody (foot) is questionable, and K Jay Feely, excused for non-injury reasons, is listed as probable.

S Kerry Rhodes (knee) was limited at practice and is questionable for MNF. WR David Clowney returned to practice after missing most of Friday's practice for non-injury reasons.

Miami appears to be in good health, although starting OLB Joey Porter (hamstring) was limited today for the third practice this week and is the only Dolphin listed as questionable for the Jets.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/blog/posts/1281-cotchery-rests-again-questionable-for-mnf[/url]

i hate cryptic stuff like this. does that mean cotchery has been ruled out? frankly, he's all i care about. if woody and lito can't go, i think we can get by without them monday.

[QUOTE=JetsMakeMeCry;3301104]i hate cryptic stuff like this. does that mean cotchery has been ruled out? frankly, he's all i care about. if woody and lito can't go, i think we can get by without them monday.[/QUOTE]

How is it cryptic? He's listed as questionable. YOu ever have a hamstring injury? It's one of those things where it can feel fantastic in a matter of days.

Woody and Cotch would be a huge loss. Both of those guys we would struggle without. Hunter is not as good as Woody by any means imo. Cotch would be a big loss in terms of getting Braylon into the mix.

Our defense may have to carry us this entire game.

How has wayne hunter played come game time?

Also wasn't the Lito deal a 3rd and a 5th....or..?

I'm comfortable enough with Lowery to go against Miami's weak ass WR corps and their 2nd year QB. I am very concerned with Woody and Cotchery, though.. Especially Cotchery.

It could be worse. Every team goes through injury problems. None of these are really serious injuries, and they aren't happening to essential, key players. Darrelle Revis, Kris Jenkins, Mark Sanchez, Nick Mangold, David Harris, Bart Scott etc. are good. As long as we get these guys back at 100% it's fine. We don't have a terribly hard schedule for the next month.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3301111]they aren't happening to essential, key players.[/QUOTE]

Cotchery.

I don't think Cotchery is going to play. I would be very surprised if he does, but just a feeling.

Sucks...as soon as we trade for a big WR, our other one goes down.

[QUOTE=Mangini Miracle Man;3301083]In regards to the Sheppard trade, is the 2010 pick we may have to give them only pending on his playing time or do we have to give them at worst a late pick regardless?

Would like to hold onto as many of our picks as possible, especially since we gave up a 3 and a 5 for Edwards.

Hope Sheppard plays nonetheless. And Cotchery and Woody as well. Fortunately this looks like the easier portion of our schedule.[/QUOTE]

[quote] Technically, there's no guaranteed money in the contract. Sheppard will make $3 million this season, the same he would've made with the Eagles.

In March, 2010, there's a $10 million option bonus. If the Jets decide to pay it, a new four-year, $27.2 million kicks in.

[B]If Sheppard is injured and misses considerable time, the Jets can get out of the deal after one year and they wouldn't owe the Eagles a draft pick in 2010. If that's the case, all it would've cost them is a fifth-round pick in the '09 draft.[/B] One person familiar with the deal said it could amount to a "one-year test drive" for the Jets.

The conditional pick in '10 can rise to a second-rounder, but only if he hits an 85% playing-time plateau AND receives the four-year extension. And if that does happen, the Jets would get a fifth-rounder back from the Eagles.

If Sheppard makes 85%, but doesn't receive the extension, the Jets would owe a third-rounder to the Eagles and would recoup a fifth rounder.[/quote]

Read more: [url]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2009/02/jets-extend-sheppards-contract.html#ixzz0TZ0qRQZo[/url]

It's pretty much guaranteed that Sheppard falls well below 85% playing time if he misses this game (As opposed to simply unlikely if he doesn't miss this game)....so those second and third round clauses seem like non-factors.

The only grey area I see is "Do the Jets owe the Eagles a pick if Sheppard falls below 85%, but receives his four-year extension anyways."....as that seems like a possibility still. Since such a scenario is not mentioned, I'm assuming the answer is no, so it seems like we should be in the Free and Clear.

As for the rest of the news....I feel like we've shown that we can play at a high level without Sheppard and Strickland. Lowery and Coleman have done an admirable job stepping up in their place.....and lets face it, the Dolphins are a running team who wouldn't try stretching us out anyways.

Woody simply hasn't played all that well this season. I was hopeful that he'd turn things around soon, but I do feel like we're in okay shape with Hunter or Turner back there. Those guys seem solid whenever they're in as an extra blocker.

It's Cotchery and Rhodes we need out there.... Rhodes is expected to play, so that's good. Cotchery is questionable, but we really need him out there...getting Edwards doesn't mean a whole lot if we lose Cotchery. We still only have 1 WR then.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3301107]How is it cryptic? He's listed as questionable. YOu ever have a hamstring injury? It's one of those things where it can feel fantastic in a matter of days.

Woody and Cotch would be a huge loss. Both of those guys we would struggle without. Hunter is not as good as Woody by any means imo. Cotch would be a big loss in terms of getting Braylon into the mix.

Our defense may have to carry us this entire game.[/QUOTE]

its cryptic because of this line:

"The Jets just released their official injury report. Aside from WR Jerricho Cotchery, they have a few other players that may not play."

its implying jericho is out, yet they're listing him as questionable which gives him a 50-50 chance of playing. and yes wise ass, i pulled my hamstring twice, once sprinting and once running routes. trust me when i say it doesn't feel better in a matter of days.

I dont think the Sheppard thing has anything to do with the trade. The Dolphins are not a pass first team. They dont have threats at wide receiver. Sheppard is a chronic injury risk. There is no need to chance further injury in this game. Its far better to give him as much rest as possible to heal up. He could be needed against the Bills next week, but in reality the Jets can probably get by without him until after the bye week.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3301131]We're pretty banged up :([/QUOTE]

Balances itself out considering how healthy the Jets were in the past since 2005.

I think Cotchery plays, but Sheppard won't.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SMC;3301150]I think Cotchery plays, but Sheppard won't.[/QUOTE]

The optimist in me recalls Rex saying that he "expects Cotchery to play" in yesterday's presser, and that he's just holding him out as a precaution.

The Jets fan in me says he's out for Monday night and we'll be treated to a heartbreaking loss full of Braylon drops and Sanchez INTs.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3301127]As for the rest of the news....I feel like we've shown that we can play at a high level without Sheppard and Strickland. Lowery and Coleman have done an admirable job stepping up in their place.....and lets face it, the Dolphins are a running team who wouldn't try stretching us out anyways.

Woody simply hasn't played all that well this season. I was hopeful that he'd turn things around soon, but I do feel like we're in okay shape with Hunter or Turner back there. Those guys seem solid whenever they're in as an extra blocker.

It's Cotchery and Rhodes we need out there.... Rhodes is expected to play, so that's good. Cotchery is questionable, but we really need him out there...getting Edwards doesn't mean a whole lot if we lose Cotchery. We still only have 1 WR then.[/QUOTE]

This sums it up nicely. I will be very VERY nervous about our chances in this game if Cotchery doesn't play.