Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saturday Injury Updates - Cotch misses Sat practice (merged)

All League
    I too still think Cotchery plays, if even it is not the full game. A couple plays here and there, but IDK they may want to rest him and not jeopardize him going forward.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3301107]How is it cryptic? He's listed as questionable. YOu ever have a hamstring injury? It's one of those things where it can feel fantastic in a matter of days.

Woody and Cotch would be a huge loss. Both of those guys we would struggle without. Hunter is not as good as Woody by any means imo. Cotch would be a big loss in terms of getting Braylon into the mix.

[B]Our defense may have to carry us this entire game[/B].[/QUOTE]

If this game is placed squarely on our defense, we are done. Doesn't make a difference if this is a night game, this is the worst heat wave South Florida has had all year...guys like Jenkins will be done by the 3rd quarter.

Fins need to go three and out most of the night or it will be a long night.

All League
    As long as Cotch plays, we will be alright.

[QUOTE=MDL_JET;3301117]I don't think Cotchery is going to play. I would be very surprised if he does, but just a feeling.

[B]Sucks...as soon as we trade for a big WR, our other one goes down.[/B][/QUOTE]

+1

But Cotch is a warrior. Hopefully by Monday, he feels good enough to go. same with Woody...hoping he came play.

As for some of the other injured... Sheppard and Strickland...don't feel there's an urgency to rush them back against the Phins. If Jets can hold Brees and the Saints, to 10 points and passing under 200 yds with no pass TDs. Then Lowery and Coleman can handle Henne and the vaunted Phiins 130+ yds passing game for sure.

All Pro
    I'd love to see these guys together, hopefully Cotch plays.

I'm just a fan so it doesn't matter what I think but I don't respect the Miami Dolphins and think the Jets should beat them handedly. I know these games are always close despite the records. However, we're not as banged up as the Dolphins who are down their best pass rusher, assuming Porter's out or not 100% plus their starting QB. Granted that's probably going to help them.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3301182]+1

Soon as I heard about the trade I was really excited to see Braylon [B]AND[/B] Cotchery on the field together

The idea of having two really good wideouts in the starting lineup is what I was most excited about

:([/QUOTE]

Any chance that the reason we went after Edwards was also tied to Cotch tweaking his hammy? I'm not sure when he actually got the injury... but our need to make defenses honest, and Cotch's hammy sure present a much better reason for the trade than these ridiculous Crabtree conspiracy theories.

[QUOTE=GreenReaper;3301171]+1

But Cotch is a warrior. Hopefully by Monday, he feels good enough to go. same with Woody...hoping he came play.

As for some of the other injured... Sheppard and Strickland...don't feel there's an urgency to rush them back against the Phins. If Jets can hold Brees and the Saints, to 10 points and passing under 200 yds with no pass TDs. Then Lowery and Coleman can handle Henne and the vaunted Phiins 130+ yds passing game for sure.[/QUOTE]

So if Cotch doesn't play - does that give clowney a chance?

all these injuries i'm gettin a bad feeling for Monday.Miami will be jacked up.Lets hope we can score some td's on d.With no Cotch and Edwards being in the system only a few days,I don't expect out offense to do much

We seem to be very beat up,and Miami is a physical team

ugh!!!

[QUOTE=NIGHT STALKER;3301160]If this game is placed squarely on our defense, we are done. Doesn't make a difference if this is a night game, this is the worst heat wave South Florida has had all year...guys like Jenkins will be done by the 3rd quarter.

Fins need to go three and out most of the night or it will be a long night.[/QUOTE]

Agree it is brutally hot down here with no relief in sight.If our offense goes 3 and out multiple times we will get worn down

Banned
    Well the game is at night so I don't think the heat will be a factor. Upper 70's, mostly clear.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3301107] YOu ever have a hamstring injury? It's one of those things where it can feel fantastic in a matter of days.

[/QUOTE]

Thats a new one on me.

:dunno:
    _

All League
    i just get the feeling he is not going to play.....this is going to be a dogfight, defense battle, with points at a premium!! we are going to need a Leon special teams score our defensive score.....nobody is scoring in the 20's.....no way!

[QUOTE=32green;3301239]Thats a new one on me.

:dunno:
    _[/QUOTE]

don't get that one either, what kind of hamstring injury he suffering?

I agree dbake. At the beginning of the week I was fairly certain the JETS would easily take care of the fins. Now, I'm not sure where the points will come from. Tough game in front of our JETS.
    The team that makes the most mistakes will lose this game for sure.

[QUOTE=DaveInNNJ;3301218]So if Cotch doesn't play - does that give clowney a chance?[/QUOTE]

If Cotch is out...IMO Brad Smith will start in his place. But Clowney certainly should be part of the WR rotation, and should see some action too.

All League
    [QUOTE=NYJ37/12;3301266]I agree dbake. At the beginning of the week I was fairly certain the JETS would easily take care of the fins. Now, I'm not sure where the points will come from. Tough game in front of our JETS.
    The team that makes the most mistakes will lose this game for sure.[/QUOTE]

i am with ya....i had the score something like 24-6 in the beg. of the week.....now i am thinking somewhere around 13-6.

As long as we have the 13;)

the thought of losing to them is sickening. I work with a fin who doesnt know the meaning of winning with class. Good friend is also a fin fan. Could make my week real long. Fortunately for me, I dont make brash predictions to them. When we took 12 straight from the rotten fish, all I did was smile.
    They win one game last year and that's all I hear all off season.

I have been real busy this week. WTF when did Cotcheryget hurt? Was it in pratice?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Gibby;3301292]I have been real busy this week. WTF when did Cotcheryget hurt? Was it in pratice?[/QUOTE]

Cotchery tweaked his hammy in Thursdays practice, the day AFTER Edwards arrived. So unless the Great Rex Ryan is also a clairvoyant, Cotchery had NOTHING to do with getting Braylon. Except , of course, to pair him with a reciever with huge potential!:yes: