Thread: who will start clowney or smith if cotch is out

who will start clowney or smith if cotch is out

i am thinking clowney gets the strart and they keep smith in the slot...

i really hope cotch can play but if not maybe clowney can finally contribute

I imagine Smith will start since he has played a whole lot more than Clowney. I would like to see Shotty put Washington on the field at the same time as Jones this week. If we are a little banged up and Edwards is still getting his chemistry down, we will need to keep as many of our playmaker on the field as possible. Keep our FB on the bench and force teams to have to cover Washington in the flat and underneath.

Expect it to be Smith starting. But there should be more frequent Clowney sightings, if Cotchery doesn't play.

All Pro
    you guys are ridiculous

All League
    Smith. He seems more reliable and more experienced. I would however, like to see clowney get in and make an impact. With that said, if it would be clowney starting we would of seen more of him this year.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetsfanfromtheBURGH;3301274]Smith. He seems more reliable and more experienced. I would however, like to see clowney get in and make an impact. With that said, if it would be clowney starting we would of seen more of him this year.[/QUOTE]

Smith is more reliable at WR.:confused: what are you seeing that the rest of us are not? I'd like to see Wallace Wright get some action, because i agree we won't start the clown baised on him not getting any playing time.

This will be an interesting decision. If Smith or Wright get the nod over Clowney than that will be extremely telling as to how Schotty really feels about him.

All League
    [QUOTE=2009fatman;3301268]No way does Shotty let Clowney start..When i was at the team hotel a couple of hours ago I saw Shotty in the lobby..He's looks like an arrogant *rick. He'd let Wallace Wright start before Clowney. I doubt Clowney is with this team much longer with him being in Shotty's dog house like he is.

It's a crime Rex doesn't get involved.[/QUOTE]

When did Clowney land in Schotty's doghouse?

Assuming Cotchery is out this may be Clowney's only chance to work into the rotation. If he does not see the field I'd be suprised and it would also indicate that the coaches don't think he's ready (I guess) which in that case would make me wonder he's taking a roster spot. We'll see.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    [QUOTE=2009fatman;3301268]No way does Shotty let Clowney start..When i was at the team hotel a couple of hours ago I saw Shotty in the lobby..He's looks like an arrogant *rick.[B] He'd let Wallace Wright start [/B]before Clowney. I doubt Clowney is with this team much longer with him being in Shotty's dog house like he is.

I was actually going to say that. I would start Wallace Wright, and work in alot of Brad Smith.

Wallace Wright has been a great player on Special teams. I think he can contribute. I have no real logic in explaining myself, but Wallace has my respect for some strange reason.:huh:

Clowney is actually option #3 as Wright should be over him too.

I'd rotate Wright and Smith often, and POSSIBLY give Clowney a couple of plays.

Really, if Cotchery isn't playing then expect more Leon and Keller.

[QUOTE=2009fatman;3301268]No way does Shotty let Clowney start..When i was at the team hotel a couple of hours ago I saw Shotty in the lobby..He's looks like an arrogant *rick. He'd let Wallace Wright start before Clowney. I doubt Clowney is with this team much longer with him being in Shotty's dog house like he is.

What hotel is that?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Slikmojet;3301356]What hotel is that?[/QUOTE]

Marriott Fort Lauderdale.

Like 20 of us are going for stone crabs tonight, and then hitting Opium on South Beach..I heard this place has some mad looking models..
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 10-10-2009 at 09:27 PM.

Lol What does Schotty looking like an arrogant prick (w/e that even means) have to do with Wright over Clowney?

Is Clowney better or something?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3301379]Lol What does Schotty looking like an arrogant prick (w/e that even means) have to do with Wright over Clowney?

Is Clowney better or something?[/QUOTE]

Nothing, but after seeing him on the sidelined last week yelling at Sanchez and running on the field pointing the one finger just turned me off..I never talked to the guy, maybe he's not..Only the head coach should be doing that on the field imo.

If you turn out to be right about clowney, i just hope they cut him, and not wast the roster spot on someone who "sucks".
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 10-10-2009 at 10:09 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jesus, how long is this Clowney sh*t going to go on? What is it now, two years and counting? I don't think I've ever seen someone held in such high regard based off a couple of long bombs in pre-season action. We actually had posters on this board berating the Edwards trade because they thought Clowney should be given a chance. :rolleyes:

Smith will start and Clowney probably won't see the field....again.

[QUOTE=2009fatman;3301393]Nothing, but after seeing him on the sidelined last week yelling at Sanchez and running on the field pointing the one finger just turned me off..I never talked to the guy, maybe he's not..Only the head coach should be doing that on the field imo.

If you turn out to be right about clowney, i just hope they cut him, and not wast the roster spot on someone who "sucks".[/QUOTE]

lol what do you expect from the guy who is pretty much responsible for every thing Sanchez and the offense does? He has a rookie qb to deal with and put in the right position, of course he is going to yell.

And I'm confused...you saw the team at the Marriott at Fort Lauderdale? Don't they get their tomorrow? Unless I missed something

[QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;3301314]When did Clowney land in Schotty's doghouse?

Assuming Cotchery is out this may be Clowney's only chance to work into the rotation. If he does not see the field I'd be suprised and it would also indicate that the coaches don't think he's ready (I guess) which in that case would make me wonder he's taking a roster spot. We'll see.[/QUOTE]

When did Clowney land in Schotty's doghouse? - I don't know what's going through that guys head - but schottenheimer outed clowney out to ryan about the tweeting, if you read up on it. And the way I read it (to be believed or not), schotty was let's say, 'selective' about what was reported.

No one wants the Jets organization to double as a soap opera, but seeing clowney sitting on the sidelines (season after season) irritates me to no end. And since clowney didn't get a chance under mangini, and now again under ryan, it's completely believable that clowney is in schottenheimers doghouse.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;3301398]Jesus, how long is this Clowney sh*t going to go on? What is it now, two years and counting? I don't think I've ever seen someone held in such high regard based off a couple of long bombs in pre-season action. We actually had posters on this board berating the Edwards trade because they thought Clowney should be given a chance. :rolleyes:

Smith will start and Clowney probably won't see the field....again.[/QUOTE]

its a reasonable discussion with cotch possibly out... brad smith has done absolutely nothing.... i would not be shocked at all if smith is either sharing time or even one of the other WR jumping his spot to start if cotch is out...

just because clowney has not seen any time does not mean with cotch out smith automatically goes to the 2 spot

Awwww he yelled at Sanchez. He's mean.