Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now Oakland assistand says Cable threatened his life and nearly killed him

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Now Oakland assistand says Cable threatened his life and nearly killed him

Too long to post here. Cable is a psycho.

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AheZk7BMtqhzf6Jdgi9Kqlo5nYcB?slug=ms-hansonspeaks101009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3301589]Too long to post here. Cable is a psycho.

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AheZk7BMtqhzf6Jdgi9Kqlo5nYcB?slug=ms-hansonspeaks101009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns[/url][/QUOTE]

Even more unbelievable is that 90210 thinks that Oakland is a good team :P

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow. what a mess.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Assistant: Raiders' Cable blindsided him

No matter how upset we get about things, remember....

We could be the Raiders.

:D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [B][SIZE="4"]Assistant: Raiders' Cable blindsided him[/SIZE][/B]

ESPN.com news services
    Randy Hanson, the ousted Raiders defensive assistant coach who has accused Tom Cable of viciously breaking his jaw with a punch, says the Oakland coach hit him with a cheap shot and that he had "no reason to believe he wouldn't have killed me" if others hadn't pulled Cable away.

"From my blind side, Tom Cable threw me from my chair and into a piece of furniture that a lamp sat upon," Hanson told Yahoo! Sports of the alleged Aug. 5 incident. "He was screaming, 'I'll [expletive] kill you! I'll [expletive] kill you!' And I have no reason to believe he wouldn't have killed me if they hadn't pulled him away.

"If my head would've hit a different way, I might be dead right now."

Cable has denied the allegations, which have included that Hanson ended up with a broken jaw as a result of Cable's punch, and said last week that he would not comment on recent reports that commissioner Roger Goodell wanted to discuss the situation. Cable says he'll let the legal process play out and that the reports have not been a distraction for him as he focuses on his job.

Goodell told The Associated Press on Tuesday that the league will speak to the coach when the appropriate time comes. He says the league wants to make sure it understands all the facts of the case before commenting.

According to the Yahoo! Sports report, Hanson, who is still being paid by the Raiders but has been barred from the team's facilities, said he had correctly predicted the day before the alleged incident that Cable would emerge from a meeting with defensive backs and say they blamed him for their struggles.

"You know what's gonna happen there," Hanson said in recalling a conversation he had with several members of the Raiders' coaching staff. "Tom's gonna come out of the meeting and say I'm the problem, that I'm the one confusing them and blame it all on me."

The Raiders declined requests Saturday by Yahoo! Sports to respond to Hanson's version of events.

According to police in Napa, Calif., their investigation of the incident has been concluded and sent to the DA's office.

"We are taking this very seriously," Napa County District Attorney Gary Lieberstein said last week, adding that there is no timetable on when the review will be completed.

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4550855[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    from what I understand the "I'm gonna kill you" statements have been corroborated by the assistants in the room....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3301589]Too long to post here. Cable is a psycho.

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AheZk7BMtqhzf6Jdgi9Kqlo5nYcB?slug=ms-hansonspeaks101009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns[/url][/QUOTE]

In other words, the perfect Raiders HC. :rolleyes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex should hire Hanson just for the Raiders game and have him walk out with the Captains :D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    That article really made me angry. Why is Cable still on the sidelines and not in jail? It takes two months for that inept sheriff's department to ascertain if Cable punched Hanson? What?

If Cable isn't banned by NFL Over Lord, Roger Goodell, he will show that he is a greater sell out fraud than many of us already believe. Ask yourself what actions Goodell would have taken if a player had punched an assistant coach. Where is your code of conduct in this case, Goodell? Time to step up.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

David Stern would've Spreewell'ed his ass by now

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Xmarco;3301648]Rex should hire Hanson just for the Raiders game and have him walk out with the Captains :D[/QUOTE]

I missed your comment before. This is diabolically brilliant. LOL. Rex, please do this and make Hanson an honorary captain for the game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being fair, Goodell usually waites for the criminal justice system to run it's course before taking any action. If it turns out that Cable did assault Hanson, I'm sure the league will act on it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a mess the Raider franchise has become.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3301625]from what I understand the "I'm gonna kill you" statements have been corroborated by the assistants in the room....[/QUOTE]

What was the context of Cable's anger? What did Hanson say to Cable? Or was Cable just off his meds or something? :)

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=thshadow;3301704]What was the context of Cable's anger? What did Hanson say to Cable? Or was Cable just off his meds or something? :)[/QUOTE]

There is no context that could ever excuse his behavior. None whatsoever.

Especially when he is the boss you can't treat subordinates like this. So completely inappropriate.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3301688]Being fair, Goodell usually waites for the criminal justice system to run it's course before taking any action. If it turns out that Cable did assault Hanson, I'm sure the league will act on it.[/QUOTE]

You mean the league would not have suspended a player before a legal determination, if any? No way.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=thshadow;3301704]What was the context of Cable's anger? What did Hanson say to Cable? Or was Cable just off his meds or something? :)[/QUOTE]

Cable never wanted Hansen but could not fire him- he was an Al Davis hire (what fuqin owner hires a DB coach???) and is loyal to Davis...ever see the story of the MC Hammer/Charlie Finley relationship????

plus Cable is a fuq-up as a head coach; always has been...never one that was able to take charge....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ironman61;3301743]There is no context that could ever excuse his behavior. None whatsoever.

Especially when he is the boss you can't treat subordinates like this. So completely inappropriate.[/QUOTE]

100% agree. Imagine punching someone in your workplace? You would be gone immediately, that day. At the very least, Goodell should have suspended him pending criminal investigation. If he's indeed found guilty, Cable should be banned from coaching in the NFL for life. If not (yeah, right), then reinstate the guy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    90210 has been away for a while, I wonder where he is? :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    raiders are a joke. they cant even stop the Giants on 3rd and 24