Thread: OT: iPod Touch help

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: iPod Touch help

Hoping someone can help me troubleshoot this...

I got a 32gb iPod touch over the weekend and have an issue connecting to wifi hotspots even if the network is recognized.

It says I'm connected to the one I choose but after opening "Safari" webpage I get a message that says "cannot open page, the error was: operation could not be completed. invalid argument."

I'm not making any argument! I just want this damn thing to work in someplace other than my home.

Any tips would be appreciated cause the apple website just has a bunch of other people b!tching but no solutions. Thanks in advance.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dassin;3303340]Hoping someone can help me troubleshoot this...

I got a 32gb iPod touch over the weekend and have an issue connecting to wifi hotspots even if the network is recognized.

It says I'm connected to the one I choose but after opening "Safari" webpage I get a message that says "cannot open page, the error was: operation could not be completed. invalid argument."

I'm not making any argument! I just want this damn thing to work in someplace other than my home.

Any tips would be appreciated cause the apple website just has a bunch of other people b!tching but no solutions. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm....it might be that if you're in a public hotspot the network is trying to point you to some login screen or page to accept their terms for using the publicly available hotspot (like at Starbucks). Safari might be choking on a redirect from your usual homepage to the page for accepting access to that hotspot. Not sure that's your problem. But it's a possibility. I'm not a Safari user but I've encountered that with other browsers on public wifi networks at the airport, etc.