Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Charlie Davies seriously injured in car accident

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Charlie Davies seriously injured in car accident

Awful news.

Charlie Davies Seriously Injured in DC Area Collision
    Posted by Bill Archer - 13 Oct 2009 03:21 PM - 5 Comments

We will all want to be careful about what we say at the moment, since very little is known for certain, but US Men's Soccer forward Charlie Davies was in an automobile that was sheared in half during an accident early Tuesday morning on the southbound lanes of the George Washington freeway in Virginia.

A woman in the car was declared dead at the scene. The U.S. Park Police identified the fatality as Ashley J. Roberta, 22, of Phoenix, Md.

The accident occurred at around 3:15 AM today, and Davies was taken by helicopter to Washington Hospital Center where he is reported in surgery at this hour. According to the AP, surgery is expected to take at least five hours.

U.S. Soccer Federation spokesman Neil Buethe says Davies was in stable condition, and his injuries were described as "non life-threatening".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    holy crap

hope he makes it...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They're talking 6-12 months rehab.

Seeing the time of the accident (3 AM) and that he skipped the team curfew, I hope there's no alcohol involved..

U.S.' Davies hurt in fatal car crash

By Grant Wahl, SI.com

ARLINGTON, Va. -- U.S. soccer forward Charlie Davies suffered several broken bones and a lacerated bladder Tuesday in an early-morning one-car accident in northern Virginia that left another person dead.

Davies, 23, who plays for the French club Sochaux, was in serious but stable condition after a lengthy surgery at Washington Hospital Center, the hospital said in a statement.

Davies suffered a lacerated bladder and fractures to the tibia and femur bones in his right leg. He also suffered facial fractures and a left elbow fracture.

Davies was air-lifted to the hospital where a team of doctors first repaired a ruptured bladder and then inserted titanium rods in both the tibia, the bone in the lower leg, and the femur, which is the thigh bone, with no complications.

Davies will be hospitalized for at least a week and additional surgeries will be required to stabilize his left elbow fracture and possibly the facial fractures. The injuries are severe enough that Davies probably won't play in next year's World Cup.

"Injuries of this nature usually require a recovery period of six to 12 months and extensive rehabilitation," said U.S. Soccer physician Dr. Dan Kalbac, who is with the team in D.C. and collaborated with the treating doctors. "Due to Charlie's fitness level, his prognosis for recovery and his ability to resume high-level competition is substantially improved."

Davies has four goals in 17 caps, and started on Saturday when the U.S. won 3-2 at Honduras to clinch its sixth straight World Cup berth. He made his first U.S. appearance on June 2, 2007, as a substitute against China.

Born in Manchester, N.H., Davies played for Boston College before turning pro in 2006. Davies' family was en route to Washington on Tuesday, USSF spokesman Michael Kammarman said.

"Obviously, as a team we were saddened to learn this news," said U.S. head coach Bob Bradley in a statement posted on the U.S. Soccer Web site. "Our thoughts and prayers are with Charlie and his family, as well as the people in the car and the families of the others involved. As a team, we are relying on each other in a moment that has for sure hit us all hard."

One person died in the accident, which took place at about 3:15 a.m. in the southbound lanes on the George Washington Memorial Parkway in Virginia. The U.S. Park Police identified the fatality as Ashley J. Roberta, 22, of Phoenix, Md., according to Washington's NBC affiliate WRC.

U.S. Park Police Sgt. David Schlosser said there were three people in the car and that Roberta was not the driver. There were three people in the vehicle, and Roberta and Davies were passengers, according to Schlosser and USSF officials. Schlosser didn't identify the driver, who was also taken to Washington Hospital Center Medstar. The cause of the accident remained under investigation.

The U.S. team is in Washington, D.C., for its final qualifier on Wednesday night against Costa Rica.

The players were subject to a team curfew Monday night, said U.S. Soccer spokesman Neil Buethe, and Davies apparently was in violation. There was no mandatory team function until lunch on Tuesday, so officials were not aware of the accident until 11 a.m., just as Davies' surgery was about to begin. Bradley informed the players of the news as they gathered for lunch.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    They're talking 6-12 months rehab.

Seeing the time of the accident (3 AM) and that he skipped the team curfew, I hope there's no alcohol involved..
    Who knows, too early for speculation. To be fair, Davies wasn't the one driving. I'm curious Raoul, is there any conversation about this in France? It seems like Davies was doing pretty well over there (I believe he had 2 or 3 goals in his first 2 games).

Looks like he's done until the beginning of the 2010-11 soccer season (including missing the WC) which is a blow to the US team as well.
    Since he wears the #9, the fans are planning a small tribute during the game tonight at the 9th minute.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Who knows, too early for speculation. To be fair, Davies wasn't the one driving. I'm curious Raoul, is there any conversation about this in France? It seems like Davies was doing pretty well over there (I believe he had 2 or 3 goals in his first 2 games).

Looks like he's done until the beginning of the 2010-11 soccer season (including missing the WC) which is a blow to the US team as well.
    Since he wears the #9, the fans are planning a small tribute during the game tonight at the 9th minute.
    The news has been relayed as a blow to Sochaux and the US team, or as Sochaux's president just said "Sochaux est dans la merde"

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breve...ie-davies.html

Davies started out very strong then botched some clear opportunities in the past 2 games. Davies, along with Sochaux's other striker Sverkos, are the only bright spots on the team which has no other offensive weapons.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to see Jeff Cunningham called up to take his place

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-c...cc=5901?ver=us

Davies on remarkable path to recovery
    Galarcep By Ives Galarcep

Charlie Davies is lucky to be alive. He knows it, and even if he were to forget, there are plenty of reminders.

There are the surgical scars that now tattoo the American soccer star's body. There are the constant reminders from family and friends who never let him forget what he nearly lost, and what he has already overcome. Then there are the pictures burned into his memory of the mangled car he was pulled from after he survived a car crash that killed another passenger on Oct. 13. Davies, 23, sustained multiple serious injuries (a broken right femur and tibia, a broken left elbow, facial fractures and a lacerated bladder). The prognosis was that he would face an arduous six- to 12-month recovery and extensive rehabilitation.

Charlie Davies hasn't ruled out recovering in time for the World Cup.

The strongest reminders of how fortunate Davies is come from Davies himself as he pushes through what is shaping up to be a miraculous recovery from that laundry list of major injuries. Less than four months after the crash that threatened to end his promising career, Davies is already jogging at a good rate and working on agility drills that would have seemed impossible just weeks earlier, when simply getting out of a wheelchair was an exhausting exercise.

What does this progress mean, exactly? It means that, barring any setbacks, Davies could be back on the field with club team FC Sochaux by April, meaning his chances of playing for the United States in June's World Cup should no longer be seen as a shattered dream.

"Charlie is pretty much light years ahead of where anybody would tell you he should be," said Jim Hashimoto, the former U.S. national team trainer who is overseeing Davies rehabilitation. "When everybody heard about the accident, including myself, it was like, 'OK, this is going to be a long one' -- and it's still going to be a long one, but to see his progress is pretty amazing."

Just how amazing? The multiple broken bones in his leg, face and elbow have healed. So has a torn posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, and he has recovered from bladder surgery, which left a foot-long scar on his stomach. He has regained the 15 pounds he lost after enduring six surgeries following the crash, and is days away from undergoing his final surgery associated with the accident, a procedure to remove a bone, plate and screws from his left elbow. After a week to recover from that surgery, Davies expects to be back training with Sochaux by the end of February.

"The World Cup is easy for me to be back for," said Davies. "I want to get back to France, and I don't want to just get back -- I want to be good.

"I don't want to be that guy just to make the [World Cup] team and just sit there. I want to be back and starting and scoring, playing well and doing the things I know I can do.

"People haven't seen the progress I've made, and maybe they don't know the kind of person I am and the motivation and new appreciation for being able to play that I have."

Davies was written off as a legitimate possibility for the World Cup because of the number of major injuries he suffered in the accident. However, his ability to heal quickly, along with the fact that he avoided any major long-term ligament injuries, has set Davies up for a recovery few could have seen coming.

U.S. Soccer Blog

Get exclusive insight into the U.S. national team and its players as they prepare for South Africa. READ
    Today, Davies looks very much like he did before the accident. The swelling in his face that was so evident during his interview with ESPN last November has subsided, though a shorter haircut reveals the scar he has from ear to ear arcing over the top of his skull. That scar came after doctors peeled his face off down to his chin in order to repair the multiple fractures that left his facial bones a shattered mess.

Davies has dealt with the physical recovery from the crash, but the mental recovery has been just as difficult. He acknowledges the mistake he made by breaking curfew with the national team on the night of the accident, and admits to fighting with the lingering doubts and questions about the fateful night in October.

"I couldn't sleep at night for two months," Davies said. "My mind would be racing, just thinking about how it happened and how I let this happen. How did I survive? Why did I survive? Why did I let the girl drive me home? Why couldn't I have taken a cab? When will I be back? Will I be back the same? How will the guys talk to me when I get back with the group? What do I need to do to change and be a better person?"

Davies has spent the better part of the past 12 weeks rehabilitating in the basement of a community center in Wilmington, Del., under the watchful eye of Hashimoto, the longtime head trainer for the U.S. national team. That is where Davies has made the speedy transition in three months from a shaky survivor who struggled to stand up for more than five minutes, to eager athlete pushing the limits of his recovery at every turn.

"The thing with Charlie is he likes to take strides instead of baby steps," said U.S. national team defender Oguchi Onyewu, who has been training alongside Davies for much of his rehabilitation. "He likes to look ahead of himself, and I'm like, 'Look back three months ago. Most people wouldn't be able to even walk at this point and you're already jogging. You've got to put things into perspective and know its a miracle that you're even here with us right now.'"

Onyewu has been in Delaware going through rehab for a ruptured patellar tendon suffered just two days after Davies' accident and has served not only as a voice of reason for Davies but also as someone he can share jokes with and compete with as they both work toward getting back on the playing field ahead of this summer's world Cup.

"That's my little brother. He's my second younger brother," Onyewu said of Davies. "I try and take care of him as much as I can and direct him, give him advice, especially right now through this whole process, just to keep his spirits up and let him know everyday the progress that he's made."

If Onyewu has provided the voice of reason, and Hashimoto the road map to an improbable recovery, it has been Davies' long-time girlfriend Nina who has provided the emotional anchor that has helped keep Davies grounded and focused.

"My girlfriend has been the strongest person through the whole thing," Davies said. "I was in and out [of consciousness] through the first week and a half. I really don't remember too many things, but I remember seeing her.

"When I have her with me, supporting me every single day, from the day I couldn't even move to now, I know I'm a real lucky guy. I honestly don't think I am where I am now if not for her. She's a rock."

If Davies can complete his recovery on its new timetable, it will be some welcome good news for a U.S. team that just recently had midfielder Clint Dempsey sidelined by a PCL injury that threatened to jeopardize his World Cup. The U.S. team's top striker before the accident, Davies brings a combination of speed, strength and finishing ability that no other player in the national team pool can provide, and a healthy Davies would provide a significant boost, both on and off the field.

"Charlie knows he's going to be there," Onyewu said of Davies playing in the World Cup. "I know Charlie's going to be there, or at least physically capable of being there. After that, it's the coach that decides the roster.

"He's doing unbelievably, to be honest," Onyewu said. "I think once the final part of his surgery on his elbow goes through, I think it's going to be flying from there on. I don't think anybody anticipated or expected him to recover or to heal this quickly. Its sort of a Superman story."

It is a recovery few have even realized is taking place, which would explain why Davies is still often overlooked when discussions of the U.S. World Cup team take place, except for the debate on who will replace him.

"That's what's been driving me this whole time," Davies said. "I've been looking at Web sites the whole time and they're always saying, 'We need to find a replacement for Charlie. We need to find someone because he's not going to be back.'

"These people don't know," Davies said. "They don't know me, and if they just knew me alone, let alone the determination and will I have now, you guys don't know.

"When I tell people I'm doing agility on the ladder and I'm running on the treadmill, people are like, 'No way.' They tell me, 'If you're back, this is the greatest comeback in the history of sports.'

"It feels good when I hear all this talk because I'm going to be able to play two months in France. I plan on making a difference at the World Cup."

As amazing as his recovery has been up to this point, there is still much work to be done. He still has to get through one more surgery before a return to the practice field. Even then, the playing field will provide the real measure of just how realistic a full recovery in time for the World Cup will be. As far-fetched as that comeback may still sound, it is hard to bet against Davies considering how far he has already come.

"When you look at the time frame, he's got to accomplish gaining more strength, the on-field training and playing games," Hashimoto said. "Where do I see him in that? I really don't know. I'll be honest: At 12 weeks [of rehab], for him to be where he is, is pretty amazing.

"He's certainly on the right curve," Hashimoto said. "It's a matter [of] if the calendar is kind to him with his progression."

Fate has already been more than kind to Davies, and he knows it. The nights of sitting in a hospital alongside other accident victims who weren't as fortunate won't let him forget. The emotions he felt the first time he returned to the scene of the accident won't let him forget. The knowledge of everything he nearly lost won't let him forget just how lucky he is.

"I'm extremely blessed," Davies said. "The things I had to go through and the things I had to see really changed me as a person as far as having that appreciation for people who can't do certain things. Having that appreciation for being able to play soccer.

"When you see all that, you realize nothing lasts forever and you have to take full opportunity of everything you can do," Davies said. "I know I can come back and be one of the best strikers in the world. I know with the improvement that I'm making, if I can continue that with this new feeling I have now, it's going to be tough to stop me."
    Last edited by RoadFan; 01-26-2010 at 12:10 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good news for him and US squad if he can make it back in time.

Amazing when you look at the list of injuries.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unbelievable progress for such a horrific accident. Early projections are he'll be back in France in a few months? Incredible.

Raoul: What kind of city is Montbéliard? I'm strongly considering making a trip over from Spain to watch one of his first matches back.
    Last edited by genom; 01-26-2010 at 06:56 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Very good news. Thanks for posting.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genom View Post
    Unbelievable progress for such a horrific accident. Early projections are he'll be back in France in a few months? Incredible.

Raoul: What kind of city is Montbéliard? I'm strongly considering making a trip over from Spain to watch one of his first matches back.
    I've never been there so I wouldn't know. I would guess Montbéliard is nicer than Sochaux. The Montbéliard sausage is worth it.

Sochaux (Montbéliard is right next door) is a blue collar town and is our version of Detroit in that Peugeot has a huge factory there, and the whole city is hinged around it. I think the stadium is actually inside the factory property.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I've never been there so I wouldn't know. I would guess Montbéliard is nicer than Sochaux. The Montbéliard sausage is worth it.

Sochaux (Montbéliard is right next door) is a blue collar town and is our version of Detroit in that Peugeot has a huge factory there, and the whole city is hinged around it. I think the stadium is actually inside the factory property.
    Oy. Maybe I should opt to see the March 13th fixture against PSG. Or, I could even double dip and see Sochaux vs Carlos Bocanegra and Rennes in May.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oy. Maybe I should opt to see the March 13th fixture against PSG. Or, I could even double dip and see Sochaux vs Carlos Bocanegra and Rennes in May.
    Rennes is a nice place, and Paris obviously.

Another possibility would be to see them in Bordeaux. Bordeaux will most likely have wrapped up the title by that time or fighting for it. Sochaux on the other hand might be just waiting for the season to end with nothing to fight for (below first team is Home, contrary to US Sports).

If you do see them at an away game, try not to show your colors too much, you never know.

sam 06/02/10 L1 - 23e j. Sochaux- Nancy

sam 13/02/10 L1 - 24e j. Le Mans- Sochaux

sam 20/02/10 L1 - 25e j. Sochaux- Lyon

sam 27/02/10 L1 - 26e j. Lorient- Sochaux

sam 06/03/10 L1 - 27e j. Sochaux -Toulouse

sam 13/03/10 L1 - 28e j. Paris-SG- Sochaux

sam 20/03/10 L1 - 29e j. Lens-Sochaux

dim 28/03/10 L1 - 30e j. Sochaux- Marseille

sam 03/04/10 L1 - 31e j. Nice-Sochaux

sam 10/04/10 L1 - 32e j. Sochaux- Saint-Etienne

sam 17/04/10 L1 - 33e j. Grenoble-Sochaux

sam 24/04/10 L1 - 34e j. Sochaux- Boulogne

dim 02/05/10 L1 - 35e j. Rennes-Sochaux

mer 05/05/10 L1 - 36e j. Sochaux- Montpellier

sam 08/05/10 L1 - 37e j. Bordeaux-Sochaux

sam 15/05/10 L1 - 38e j. Sochaux- Auxerre

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    WC chances getting slimmer and slimmer..

Davies' World Cup hopes take hit

U.S. forward Charlie Davies' hopes of playing in the World Cup have taken a huge hit after the plan for him to play some part in his French club Sochaux's final two games was shelved.

"He won't play again this season in Ligue 1," Sochaux president Alexandre Lacombe told local paper Est-Republicain on Thursday. "He is fine and that is the main thing. Since leaving his wheelchair, he has gone through a lot to get fit again. But it's a bit early to say when he will play again."

Davies had hoped to play for the reserve team at the end of April, but he has yet to take part in any contact exercises in training and last week had tests after feeling pain in his stomach. They came back clear.

"It's been very hard for Charlie, as every time we up the workload, he gets very tired," Sochaux coach Francis Gillot told L'Equipe.

Davies had used the incentive of a World Cup appearance as motivation for an astonishing recovery from the car accident last October that killed one passenger, Ashley Roberta, and left the striker with a broken leg, a dislocated elbow, a broken nose, multiple facial fractures and a ruptured bladder.

"He's been making steady progress and we've managed to bring him back into some of the squad sessions," Sochaux's club doctor, Philippe Pasquier, told SI.com. "It was very important for him to have that contact with the other players, so he could feel part of things -- but also to show him how much progress he still has to make."

Life in France had started so well for Davies. When Sochaux sold striker Mevlut Erding to Paris Saint-Germain for $12 million last summer, it needed someone to replace not only his goals but also his hero status in the team. Erding had been Sochaux's top scorer the previous two seasons and had struck the game-winner against Grenoble on the final day of last season to keep the team in Ligue 1.

Two games into this season, Sochaux thought it had found its man. In his first home appearance, Davies came on as a second-half substitute and scored two goals against French champion Bordeaux in a 3-2 defeat. Sochaux's head of recruitment, Bernard Genghini, the former Euro 1984 winner with France, took credit for beating more than one Bundesliga side to signing Davies last summer.

Davies's battling spirit on the pitch and ready smile off it quickly won over the fans, whose initial response had been one of curiosity to the presence of an American international on the team. Sochaux is an unexciting industrial region in eastern France known for its vehicle-manufacturing plants. It is not used to American guests.

Though Sochaux won the League Cup in 2007, its main aim is usually to avoid relegation from Ligue 1. It does this by bringing through talented youngsters from its academy (alumni include Benoit Pedretti and Pierre-Alain Frau, who both went on to win the title with Lyon) and playing them alongside more experienced French players. This season, Stephane Dalmat and captain Jeremy Brechet have taken those roles.

Davies' absence has loomed large: Sochaux is currently in 15th place in Ligue 1, 10 points clear of the relegation zone. It's not a leap of faith to suggest that had Davies been available, the team would have fared much better (after all, he is only two goals behind Dalmat, its top scorer, who has scored four).

The team has creativity in the midfield, provided by youngsters Marvin Martin, Ryad Boudebouz and Dalmat, but has missed someone like Davies to apply the finishing touch. Following the injuries to Davies, Sochaux broke its transfer record in January to buy another striker, Ideye Brown, for $5.7 million from Swiss side Neuchatel Xamax. Brown has taken time to settle in, and needed 11 league games to net his first goal.

"There have been times when I've watched matches and thought, 'I could have helped in that situation,' " Davies said at a Sochaux press conference in March. "So from that point of view it's been frustrating."

The admission from Lacombe that he won't play again this season will come as a hammer blow to Davies, who had said to Ligue1.com on his road to recovery: "[My goal is] to go to the World Cup, because, you know, to get so close, to have it in your hands and to have it taken away from you ... I couldn't live with that."

Pasquier was keen to put a positive spin on the news and wanted to remind Davies that all is not lost just yet.

"It's already miraculous when you see how far he's come," he said. "Charlie had a great deficit on a muscular level and a huge lack of strength after the accident, so he needs to work on lots of things. He's a very dynamic, explosive, type of player and to get those qualities back is not something that comes overnight. Obviously, the World Cup is a huge goal for him. It will be difficult but we are still holding out hope."

Along with his increasing number of supporters on social networking sites, Davies has also earned the respect and support of fans all around France.

One French reporter was impressed after Davies recently promised him that he would come back "faster, stronger, better."

"Like the bionic man?" the reporter asked.

"That's exactly right!" Davies said.

There is still time for that to happen. But it now looks increasingly unlikely that it will be in South Africa this summer.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0lvIAbNQg
    Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The news American fans have been anxiously awaiting to hear for months has arrived. Charlie Davies is back to full training for FC Sochaux.

Davies has recovered from the multiple injuries he suffered in a fatal car accident last October and resumed full contact training on Thursday, Davies confirmed to SBI on Monday. The American international also practiced on Friday and is targeting to play for the French club before season's end.

It is unlikely that Davies will be able to partake in Sochaux's match against Montpellier on May 5, the game he originally targeted to make his return in. He is hoping, however, to complete his comeback on May 8 against Bordeaux or in the season finale vs. AJ Auxerre a week later.

Davies' return will come as a shock to many U.S. national team fans. On the same day Davies returned to full contact training, club president Alexandre Lacombe told French media he did not expect Davies to return this season.

If Davies finds playing time for Sochaux in its final two games, he will not only complete the unlikeliest of comebacks, but also boost his chances of getting called into the U.S pre-World Cup camp, which begins on May 17 in Princeton, New Jersey.
    Barring some crazy late run by the dregs of Liege 1. Sochaux doesn't have a whole lot going on the last 2 games of the season. It'd be pretty remarkable if Charlie Davies does make a comeback this season

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just can't see him not making it at this point. He's worked so hard, and to miss it by a few weeks just doesn't seem plausible. The friendly's will be huge to test his fitness and to see if his skill is still there.

It's going to be tough though. You can't just miss 6 months, and step onto the field of a worldcup. I just don't doubt him at this point, though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just can't see him not making it at this point. He's worked so hard, and to miss it by a few weeks just doesn't seem plausible. The friendly's will be huge to test his fitness and to see if his skill is still there.

It's going to be tough though. You can't just miss 6 months, and step onto the field of a worldcup. I just don't doubt him at this point, though.
    I'd still be surprised for him to make the team. Bradley was talking about it last week and said that Davies still has to prove it on the field. Being able to participate in practice is one thing. Actually playing is another. I do think it'd be an incredible boost to the team if he makes it, though.

I'm sure the team wants him to make it. And I'm sure Bradley would love to have a full strength Davies on the field, but Bradley does have to field the best 23 people on June 9th, not the best 23 players in terms of talent. Tough spot to be in as a coach, but there's no space for inspirational mascot in the world cup

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I'd still be surprised for him to make the team. Bradley was talking about it last week and said that Davies still has to prove it on the field. Being able to participate in practice is one thing. Actually playing is another. I do think it'd be an incredible boost to the team if he makes it, though.

I'm sure the team wants him to make it. And I'm sure Bradley would love to have a full strength Davies on the field, but Bradley does have to field the best 23 people on June 9th, not the best 23 players in terms of talent. Tough spot to be in as a coach, but there's no space for inspirational mascot in the world cup
    I'd like to see the guy be in form too. Depth isn't a luxury the US has. That being said, is that '23rd' player going to be better than an 80% Davies?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Edson Buddle is on a tear for the Galaxy. He truly deserves a call up for the match against Turkey and that other friendly they have against Czech I think it is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Edson Buddle is on a tear for the Galaxy. He truly deserves a call up for the match against Turkey and that other friendly they have against Czech I think it is.
    I think Buddle and Gomez are going to get a call-up and one of them will go to the WC if Davies isn't ready.