Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official '09-'10 New York Knicks Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    Pathetic showing by the Knicks tonight.
    This team blows!

Except for Lee, Gallinari and Hill (the little he has played) this team is worthless..No effort on the defensive end. Clyde is right. No leadership at all.

And D'Antoni needs to go back to Italy and coach

Ugly.

Yet another painful loss last night.

Bright spot last night was Douglas. I was very impressed.

as ugly as its been, i'm almost happy to see that this is finally happening. the Knicks needed to rebuild, 8-9 years ago. Layden and Isiah refused to accept this, and just kept perpetuating a mess of mediocre teams that never accomplished anything other than leading the league in Payroll and Luxury Tax. and as much as it's gonna suck to hand over our high lottery pick to the Jazz next year, i'm glad Walsh didn't panic and tried to go for a quick fix just to "screw" with Utah.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    as ugly as its been, i'm almost happy to see that this is finally happening. the Knicks needed to rebuild, 8-9 years ago. Layden and Isiah refused to accept this, and just kept perpetuating a mess of mediocre teams that never accomplished anything other than leading the league in Payroll and Luxury Tax. and as much as it's gonna suck to hand over our high lottery pick to the Jazz next year, i'm glad Walsh didn't panic and tried to go for a quick fix just to "screw" with Utah.
    They've been in full rebuild mode ever since they fired Isiah and hired Walsh. We probably won't get Lebron but I'd settle for Amare and Joe Johnson and to trade for the rights to Rubio.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    They've been in full rebuild mode ever since they fired Isiah and hired Walsh. We probably won't get Lebron but I'd settle for Amare and Joe Johnson and to trade for the rights to Rubio.
    i know. and i love Walsh for it.

you're right about LeBron -- i doubt it happens. but any combination of JJ, Bosh, Amare, Felton will do wonders for this team.

there's also one thing nobody's mentioning: LeBron (as well as Wade and Bosh) has a player option for 2010. if he really wants to come to NY but doesn't want to be surrounded by bums, maybe he'll wait another year for free agency to see if the Knicks were able to put something together. Curry and Jeffries come off the books in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    i know. and i love Walsh for it.

you're right about LeBron -- i doubt it happens. but any combination of JJ, Bosh, Amare, Felton will do wonders for this team.

there's also one thing nobody's mentioning: LeBron (as well as Wade and Bosh) has a player option for 2010. if he really wants to come to NY but doesn't want to be surrounded by bums, maybe he'll wait another year for free agency to see if the Knicks were able to put something together. Curry and Jeffries come off the books in 2011.
    Isn't Dwight Howard a FA that summer?

The way it is now the Knicks will only have enough cap space for 1 big FA this summer.

So ideally, sign a Wade or Joe Johnson this summer (if they don't sign LeBron (doubtful)) and sign Howard the following year.

And somehow try to get the rights to Rubio without having to give up Gallinari

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Isn't Dwight Howard a FA that summer?

The way it is now the Knicks will only have enough cap space for 1 big FA this summer.

So ideally, sign a Wade or Joe Johnson this summer (if they don't sign LeBron (doubtful)) and sign Howard the following year.

And somehow try to get the rights to Rubio without having to give up Gallinari
    Howard can opt for free agency after the 2011-2012 season. Sure, I'd love to get him. Team him up with Wade or Joe Johnson you have a top 3 team in the league.

Knicks actually playing pretty well in the first half tonight.

It's mind boggling how bad this team is.

If Jared Jeffries plays one more minute in his remaining time with the Knicks, it would be too much. He's one of the worst players I've ever seen. Play Jordan Hill or somebody. Anybody but Jeffries. I can't imagine how it's even possible to trade this guy until he becomes an expiring contract.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post

If Jared Jeffries plays one more minute in his remaining time with the Knicks, it would be too much. He's one of the worst players I've ever seen. Play Jordan Hill or somebody. Anybody but Jeffries. I can't imagine how it's even possible to trade this guy until he becomes an expiring contract.
    It's mind boggling how all this team does is hoist 3 pointers....

Take it to the rim, please!!

The Knicks interior defense is non-existent. Where is Darko?

Banned

+1

Jeffries is terrible. Play Hill or Darko - both are better defensively. Both local basketball teams are hideous. Next summer can't come soon enough.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    It's mind boggling how all this team does is hoist 3 pointers....

Take it to the rim, please!!

The Knicks interior defense is non-existent. Where is Darko?
    I don't know. The kid has a huge body and can block shots and grab boards. D'Antoni is obsessed with his current frontcourt rotation of Danilo "Il Busto" Gallinari, David "Brick" Lee and uber-scrub Jeffries.

The only positive from last night's game was Toney Douglas. He looks like he's going to be a nice player.

I don't know. The kid has a huge body and can block shots and grab boards. D'Antoni is obsessed with his current frontcourt rotation of Danilo "Il Busto" Gallinari, David "Brick" Lee and uber-scrub Jeffries.

The only positive from last night's game was Toney Douglas. He looks like he's going to be a nice player.
    Gallinari isn't a bust. He's only 20 yrs old, one of (possibly Jefferson too), if the only legit offensive threat so teams are now taking him out of the game as much as possible. He also is probably the only Knick player with any basketball intelligence.

Douglas is a good player but I'd like to see him become more of a PG. But I'm very impressed in how much his shooting has improved in a months time.

Darko needs to play.
    Last edited by C Mart; 11-12-2009 at 12:16 PM.

David Brick Lee, Uber Scrub Jeffries . . . Il Busto?

The kid turned 21 two months ago, has played less than 40 games in the NBA and is our best player(not saying much). I don't see how you could call him a bust. He doesn't score enough because he's not a ballhog chucker like the rest of the team, and gets frozen out of the offense for long spurts.

He's a great shooter, a good passer, mediocre rebounder and an active defender. Certainly good for a kid who hasn't played half a season in the NBA yet.

eLOT

I completely agree. JJ really should only play in Europe or Asia. No team in the league needs garbage like him at the 4 or 5.

A bigger scrub and a massive disappointment is Chris Du-nothin who seems to have lost all care and interest in being a professional basketball player. He lacks leadership and was a bench player forced into a starter role. Since he isn't coming back, he threw in the towel and continues to make passes with his eyes closed. The absence of a veteran court general that can hit 3s is a big reason why we only have one win.

Thank god for Toney Douglas ("The Dude" as I call him), this guy is a legit scorer and the ACC defensive player of the year last season. A well-balanced guard that already brings way more energy to the floor than CD. As a rookie in November, his game seems pretty solid but his main flaw so far is passing with an assist average of 0.6% per game. I believe with more minutes this will undoubtedly improve.

David Lee played one of the worst games last night that I've seen and I've watched a lot of Knicks games. He scored 9 pts, 4 rebounds and gave the pathetic effort defensively. I'd be fine with trading him to the Bobcats for Raja Bell. He is and never will be a fit for D'Antoni's system. He's overpowered at the 5 and you need a Boris Diaw-type at the 4.

For all the Gallo haters, you're out of your mind. He's only going to get better and has even a greater learning curve coming from playing European basketball his whole life. One thing I love about him besides his hustle and obvious range is his ability to pass. He's averaging 15.4 ppg and isn't even in the starting rotation every game.

Lastly, as Chris Rock said "If Harrington is your go-to guy, the Knicks are in big trouble." Watching him lose his handle on a wide open dunk last night showed that this guy is always going to remain on the threshold of the upper echelon talent in the league. A-HA can be a great role player next year and is capable of taking over games but he is just not a superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by dassin View Post

Lastly, as Chris Rock said "If Harrington is your go-to guy, the Knicks are in big trouble." Watching him lose his handle on a wide open dunk last night showed that this guy is always going to remain on the threshold of the upper echelon talent in the league. A-HA can be a great role player next year and is capable of taking over games but he is just not a superstar.
    I was with you up until this last paragraph. Al Harrington is the Bermuda Triangle of New York Knick basketball, balls go in but they never come out. The dude is a ballhog, low BBall IQ chucker who i want absolutely nothing to do with next year when his contract is up. I don't want his awful style of player infecting the young players so if we could trade him this year for anything that had value i would do that as well.

eLOT

Quote Originally Posted by dassin View Post
    I completely agree. JJ really should only play in Europe or Asia. No team in the league needs garbage like him at the 4 or 5.

A bigger scrub and a massive disappointment is Chris Du-nothin who seems to have lost all care and interest in being a professional basketball player. He lacks leadership and was a bench player forced into a starter role. Since he isn't coming back, he threw in the towel and continues to make passes with his eyes closed. The absence of a veteran court general that can hit 3s is a big reason why we only have one win.

Thank god for Toney Douglas ("The Dude" as I call him), this guy is a legit scorer and the ACC defensive player of the year last season. A well-balanced guard that already brings way more energy to the floor than CD. As a rookie in November, his game seems pretty solid but his main flaw so far is passing with an assist average of 0.6% per game. I believe with more minutes this will undoubtedly improve.

David Lee played one of the worst games last night that I've seen and I've watched a lot of Knicks games. He scored 9 pts, 4 rebounds and gave the pathetic effort defensively. I'd be fine with trading him to the Bobcats for Raja Bell. He is and never will be a fit for D'Antoni's system. He's overpowered at the 5 and you need a Boris Diaw-type at the 4.

For all the Gallo haters, you're out of your mind. He's only going to get better and has even a greater learning curve coming from playing European basketball his whole life. One thing I love about him besides his hustle and obvious range is his ability to pass. He's averaging 15.4 ppg and isn't even in the starting rotation every game.

Agreed on pretty much everything. Nice post.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by elot View Post
    David Brick Lee, Uber Scrub Jeffries . . . Il Busto?

The kid turned 21 two months ago, has played less than 40 games in the NBA and is our best player(not saying much). I don't see how you could call him a bust. He doesn't score enough because he's not a ballhog chucker like the rest of the team, and gets frozen out of the offense for long spurts.

He's a great shooter, a good passer, mediocre rebounder and an active defender. Certainly good for a kid who hasn't played half a season in the NBA yet.

eLOT
    I think Gallinari will end up being a good player eventually. So far he's looked pretty meh and he missed most of last year with a back injury. As far as being our best player that's like saying he's the tallest midget.

I'd still much rather have Eric Gordon, Brook Lopez or Roy Hibbert.

knicks reportedly will meet with AI soon...just what they need..another chucker who plays no defense..but hey maybe he will sell some seats..