Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official '09-'10 New York Knicks Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    I think Gallinari will end up being a good player eventually. So far he's looked pretty meh and he missed most of last year with a back injury. As far as being our best player that's like saying he's the tallest midget.

I'd still much rather have Eric Gordon, Brook Lopez or Roy Hibbert.
    I don't know, I've been pretty impressed with Gallinari thus far. I think he's shown a great deal of improvement over his very short career. I'm excited about what he could become. Obviously it's not very hard to stand out in a positive way on this team, but nevertheless I like what I'm seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    knicks reportedly will meet with AI soon...just what they need..another chucker who plays no defense..but hey maybe he will sell some seats..
    Eh, I don't think it actually happens. I doubt Walsh will bite. If Isiah was still here, he would have been here yesterday. Better yet, he would have been here to start the season.

Knicks in Indiana tonight. What a treat!

And the Knicks finally win with a nice comeback effort. Great 2nd half and Harrington was a force off the bench. Let's make it two in a row against the Nets on Saturday.

All League
    I had the treat of watching the first half on ATDHE.

I turned it off after half time.

Can't believe they basically shut Granger out in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    I had the treat of watching the first half on ATDHE.

I turned it off after half time.

Can't believe they basically shut Granger out in the second half.
    Me either. I thought he was on his way to a 50+ point performance tonight.

See what happens when you actually play defense....

Curry looked good. He was aggressive, not used to seeing that out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    See what happens when you actually play defense....

Curry looked good. He was aggressive, not used to seeing that out of him.
    I was suprisingly a bit impressed with Curry. He showed just in that 12 minutes of action that because of his size he can be a force in the paint. He got to the line 8 times in that 12 minutes. Keep playing him and try and get his value up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I was suprisingly a bit impressed with Curry. He showed just in that 12 minutes of action that because of his size he can be a force in the paint. He got to the line 8 times in that 12 minutes. Keep playing him and try and get his value up.
    Curry has always had potential. He's just also always been very lazy. He has no excuse with his size and strength he should be a 18 point 10 rebound guy but the closest he ever came was a couple years ago when he was 19 and 5 per night. Maybe he turns it around this year with no pressure on him and the Knicks obviously shopping him around.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Curry has always had potential. He's just also always been very lazy. He has no excuse with his size and strength he should be a 18 point 10 rebound guy but the closest he ever came was a couple years ago when he was 19 and 5 per night. Maybe he turns it around this year with no pressure on him and the Knicks obviously shopping him around.

Sucks for you VT.

Banned
    I really hope the Knicks sign Iverson for cheap... He's far from being a King James, Bosh, Wade type of impact player that we all want on the Knicks next season, but he's still a veteran player who can still score the ball on a team that lacks alot of talent and veteran experience.

I know the Knicks have no chance of winning the whole thing, or even making it out of the 1st round of the playoffs, I know the Knicks are 2-9 on the season with a good chance of going 3-9 tomorrow against the Nets, I know all of that but still...Nothing would be like watching this team in the playoffs because as a kid; I was lucky enough to see the Knicks in the playoffs each and every year. I'm 24 years of age, I cant remember the last time the Knicks went to the damn playoffs and it's sad... Back in the 90's, I loved NBA Basketball... Pacers, Heat, and Bulls...Not only did I fear those teams, I hated them and respected them at the same time. I would love to fear teams such as Boston, Orlando and Miami within the near future, but the Knicks need to win or none of that really matters.

If the Knicks fail to get King James, I'll be upset, even if we get a player like Wade...I'll still be upset because watching King James play for the next 10+ years (At an elite level of play) would be like the Bulls enjoying Jordan, it would be better than the Pacer fans enjoying Reggie Miller, it could even be better than watching Ewing play with guys like Oakley and Starks for all those years (Let me stop, nothing could even replace my child hood team of the Knicks; not even a Labron James Knicks team) But still...I've been depressed about this Knicks team (When talking about the NBA) For many of years now... If we fail to sign Labron, I'll be upset.

With all that said, 8 teams make the playoffs in both the East and West...The Knicks are only 4 games back of the 8th seed (lol) with a 2 and freaking 9 record! Get Iverson and the Knicks have a CHANCE at the playoffs and thats what I'm dreaming about...Coming home, and watching my Knicks get their ass kicked in the playoffs (Until next season, when we compete)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105 View Post

I need you to suck me VT because I am a gay male who fantasizes about getting double-teamed by my two boy crushes Kobe beef Bryant and Ron Artest.
    Yeah you're not a frontrunner. Eastcoast LA Lakers Fan.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    I really hope the Knicks sign Iverson for cheap... He's far from being a King James, Bosh, Wade type of impact player that we all want on the Knicks next season, but he's still a veteran player who can still score the ball on a team that lacks alot of talent and veteran experience.

I know the Knicks have no chance of winning the whole thing, or even making it out of the 1st round of the playoffs, I know the Knicks are 2-9 on the season with a good chance of going 3-9 tomorrow against the Nets, I know all of that but still...Nothing would be like watching this team in the playoffs because as a kid; I was lucky enough to see the Knicks in the playoffs each and every year. I'm 24 years of age, I cant remember the last time the Knicks went to the damn playoffs and it's sad... Back in the 90's, I loved NBA Basketball... Pacers, Heat, and Bulls...Not only did I fear those teams, I hated them and respected them at the same time. I would love to fear teams such as Boston, Orlando and Miami within the near future, but the Knicks need to win or none of that really matters.

If the Knicks fail to get King James, I'll be upset, even if we get a player like Wade...I'll still be upset because watching King James play for the next 10+ years (At an elite level of play) would be like the Bulls enjoying Jordan, it would be better than the Pacer fans enjoying Reggie Miller, it could even be better than watching Ewing play with guys like Oakley and Starks for all those years (Let me stop, nothing could even replace my child hood team of the Knicks; not even a Labron James Knicks team) But still...I've been depressed about this Knicks team (When talking about the NBA) For many of years now... If we fail to sign Labron, I'll be upset.

With all that said, 8 teams make the playoffs in both the East and West...The Knicks are only 4 games back of the 8th seed (lol) with a 2 and freaking 9 record! Get Iverson and the Knicks have a CHANCE at the playoffs and thats what I'm dreaming about...Coming home, and watching my Knicks get their ass kicked in the playoffs (Until next season, when we compete)
    Iverson is done. He's just a name at this point. Sure it would be entertaining to see him in a Knick uniform for a couple games but it wear thin. He's broken down from all the physical punishment he took over the years while slashing to the basket with his small frame. It would be like the Jets signing Shaun Alexander or Priest Holmes at this point.

Who knows where Lebron ends up. I think if he leaves Cleveland he goes to the Nets to be in Brooklyn with Jay-Z. I don't want Wade. He's too injury prone and as great as he is he's more of a complimentary scorer if you have a big man like Shaq.

I think the Knicks end up with Amare and Joe Johnson next summer and hopefully they can trade Jordan Hill for the rights to Rubio so D'Antoni will have a similar team to what he had in Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105 View Post

Sucks for you VT.
    You complain that Yankee fans are arrogant, front-runners, etc., but then you do stuff like this. Sounds like the kettle calling the pot black to me.

Banned
    The Knicks are now on a two game win streak after the W of the Nets today. Gallinari and Al Harrington both had solid games, both scoring 17 points. David Lee also did what he does best; Getting a double-double with 16 points/12 rebounds

It's crazy, with a 3-9 record, the Knicks are actually only 3 games back of the 8th seed here in the East... Is a trip to the playoffs actually possible? The Knicks making the playoffs this season could actually be a huge difference in Labron James coming to the Knicks or not.

Our next two games are Vs the Celtics and @ the Lakers...Honestly, I'll be shocked to see this Knicks team win one of those two games. If the Knicks actually shock the NBA world and win both of those games, I'll be on cloud 9

The Knicks are now on a two game win streak after the W of the Nets today. Gallinari and Al Harrington both had solid games, both scoring 17 points. David Lee also did what he does best; Getting a double-double with 16 points/12 rebounds

It's crazy, with a 3-9 record, the Knicks are actually only 3 games back of the 8th seed here in the East... Is a trip to the playoffs actually possible? The Knicks making the playoffs this season could actually be a huge difference in Labron James coming to the Knicks or not.

Our next two games are Vs the Celtics and @ the Lakers...Honestly, I'll be shocked to see this Knicks team win one of those two games. If the Knicks actually shock the NBA world and win both of those games, I'll be on cloud 9
    Hopefully David Lee does what he does best and sucks ass somewhere else next year.

Please don't tell me you're going to take over this thread?

All League

About 3 of the last 5 years the Knicks have had the opportunity to sneak into the 8th spot in the playoffs but failed. It's not that hard in basketball because so many teams make it.

The problem is if they get in they are no Atlanta Hawks, a young and rising squad. The Knicks would get swept handily by any 1 or 2 seed.

This franchise is so far from winning anything it's hard to root for. And for the amount of suck we achieve I'm sure the NBA won't be handing us a Patrick Ewing any time soon via the lottery. Signing James still doesn't turn this team around IMO. But I guess it's a start.

All League
    No mention about Nate Robinson today? oof!

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    You complain that Yankee fans are arrogant, front-runners, etc., but then you do stuff like this. Sounds like the kettle calling the pot black to me.
    It's really just aimed at Vinchenzo, who happens to think Met fans are "losers" and "gay" for rooting for a dysfunctional franchise, yet he's a Knick fan. Overall, I root for the Knicks if they aren't playing the Lakers, and I love basketball. It's just fun to bust a total hypocrites balls.

Well obviously it sucked to lose at the buzzer, but the Knicks actually put forth a nice effort today. I certainly didn't think they'd keep it that close, never mind almost win.