Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paulie and Ruby - I fear we're losing them

Hall Of Fame

Paulie and Ruby - I fear we're losing them

Employed with chicks - or chick anyway. We may be losing our young mavericks who, despite being raised with a generation of video-playing suburban white rapper morons, defied the odds to become a couple of outstanding young men.
    They kept us young, but it may be time to let the young robins fly.

It's Lister time:eek:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Agreed on the outstanding character of both dudes.

The rest of that......I have no clue.

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Two of the best...are you saying they are distracted by the womenz?

Hall Of Fame
    I'll miss the pickles those two rascals always seemed to get into.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QCBeZi0bRI[/URL]
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 10-19-2009 at 01:21 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Im still here and actually my job hasn't even started yet. Only a few more weeks though! Thank the lord. They are actually sending us to St Charles Illinois for training after initial orientation in NYC. Pretty pumped.

Lately though, I have been studying for the CPA exam, hence why I dont post as much. But I still love all you guys, no homo.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3318478]Im still here and actually my job hasn't even started yet. Only a few more weeks though! Thank the lord. They are actually sending us to St Charles Illinois for training after initial orientation in NYC. Pretty pumped.

Lately though, I have been studying for the CPA exam, hence why I dont post as much. But I still love all you guys, no homo.[/QUOTE]

Hey man, I lived by St. Charles, IL for ten years. Next town over.

Veteran
    i likez teh turtles.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Ruby2;3318478]Im still here and actually my job hasn't even started yet. Only a few more weeks though! Thank the lord. They are actually sending us to St Charles Illinois for training after initial orientation in NYC. Pretty pumped.

Lately though, I have been studying for the CPA exam, hence why I dont post as much. [B]But I still love all you guys, no homo.[/QUOTE][/B]

You sure?... Not just a little?

:D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3318539]I never saw anyone get so excited over the idea of "work" :eek:

You must have skipped Sunday School (or Yeshiva) as a kid, huh?

Otherwise you would know "work is a curse"

Its one of the original curses mankind incurred as a result of Adam & Eve's sin

I mean GOD had set them up for all eternity with a beautiful habitation and he was prepared to serve their every need, all they had to do was kick back and enjoy it, till that fateful day .. at which point they were evicted from the garden and told to "toil off the land" (i.e. WORK) for the rest of their days

Now even if you don't believe the "literal account" of Genesis, even if you choose to believe its just an alegory handed down through the ages, its important to note that even our ancestors so despised work that they thought to portray it as not only a curse, but part of the "original curse"

So that means you're not supposed to like it this much, Ruby .. its supposed to be a "necessary evil"

Kapeesh? :D[/QUOTE]

Nah - work before kids, mortgage and other responsibilities was a blast. When you were in your early/mid 20s, work was something you do before going out for happy hour. After being in school for the past 20 something years, its great to finally have a paycheck. Of course, that pay check goes directly to rent, food, booze and women and you don't actually save a dime, but who the hell cares at 24?

After about 2 years of work, you realize that its not all its cracked up to be and you start looking for a way to get back to school. That's why I'm a firm believer in not going to grad school right after college. You appreciate school so much more when you work for a few years.

Hall Of Fame
    You guys can always put your stock in a white rapper?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3318489]Hey man, I lived by St. Charles, IL for ten years. Next town over.[/QUOTE]

I donkt know if we will be given much free time, but anything cool to see there? I heard its about an hour outside of Chicago.

Thanks for the kind words, friendly old dudes.

I technically don't have a job, but I'm going to grad school full time for something I really enjoy. crasherino is right about grad school, absolutely. And I do indeed currently have a lady friend, so that's fun.

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3318406]

It's Lister time:eek:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ListerFiend;3318554]i likez teh turtles.[/QUOTE]

yeesh... don't forget us, Timmy

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3318918]Nah - work before kids, mortgage and other responsibilities was a blast. When you were in your early/mid 20s, work was something you do before going out for happy hour. After being in school for the past 20 something years, its great to finally have a paycheck. Of course, that pay check goes directly to rent, food, booze and women and you don't actually save a dime, but who the hell cares at 24?

After about 2 years of work, you realize that its not all its cracked up to be and you start looking for a way to get back to school. That's why I'm a firm believer in not going to grad school right after college. You appreciate school so much more when you work for a few years.[/QUOTE]

This sums up my feelings perfectly.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3318984]I donkt know if we will be given much free time, but anything cool to see there? I heard its about an hour outside of Chicago.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. If you are going into the city, you have to drive about 5-10 minutes to the Geneva train station. From there, it's about an hour and ten into the city. I took that train for many years. Typical slightly upper middle class suburbs. I just checked to see where you can watch the Jets and I was shocked to see my old sports bar was closed down. The place was huge, with over 100 tvs. Now I think there are a couple of small sports bars left.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=pauliec;3318987]Thanks for the kind words, friendly old dudes.

I technically don't have a job, but I'm going to grad school full time for something I really enjoy. crasherino is right about grad school, absolutely. And I do indeed currently have a lady friend, so that's fun.[/QUOTE]

Paulie, I'm sure you posted it, but what are you going for in Grad school again?

[QUOTE=32green;3319024]Paulie, I'm sure you posted it, but what are you going for in Grad school again?[/QUOTE]

Master's in public policy

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3319031]Master's in public policy[/QUOTE]

You could get a mod job with that

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3319037]You could get a mod job with that[/QUOTE]

Have you seen the application? :shakehead

All League
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3318918]Nah - work before kids, mortgage and other responsibilities was a blast. When you were in your early/mid 20s, work was something you do before going out for happy hour. After being in school for the past 20 something years, its great to finally have a paycheck. Of course, that pay check goes directly to rent, food, booze and women and you don't actually save a dime, but who the hell cares at 24?

After about 2 years of work, you realize that its not all its cracked up to be and you start looking for a way to get back to school. That's why I'm a firm believer in not going to grad school right after college. You appreciate school so much more when you work for a few years.[/QUOTE]

you hit the nail on the head. As soon as my chick is finished with her Masters program I am going back to school. I definitely appreciate school so much more now that I've been out for 5 years.