Thread: Balloon Dad

Balloon Dad

[QUOTE]An investigation into possible criminal charges for a Colorado couple who told authorities their son floated off in a balloon shaped like a flying saucer has spread to those who worked with them.

Robert Thomas told sheriff's investigators about what he observed between amateur storm chasers Richard and Mayumi Heene when he helped record Richard Heene's ideas earlier this year, Thomas' attorney, Linda Lee, said Monday. Thomas earlier sold his story to the Web site Gawker.com.

Lee said Richard Heene was "obsessed" with trying to land a TV show and become famous.

[B]"Heene believes the world is going to end in 2012," she said. "Because of that, he wanted to make money quickly, become rich enough to build a bunker or something underground, where he can be safe from the sun exploding."[/B] [/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, how many different kinds of crazy is that statement.

If he's a "Scientist", I'd love to hear the explanation for how a bunker is going to protect from the sun exploding

[QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3321218]Out of curiosity, how many different kinds of crazy is that statement.

If he's a "Scientist", I[B]'d love to hear the explanation for how a bunker is going to protect from the sun exploding[/B][/QUOTE]

The only way you could be 100% safe during the sun's explosion is if it happens at night.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    It would have to be something like 2 miles down. He would be better off buying a deep sea sub would he not?

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3321223]The only way you could be 100% safe during the sun's explosion is if it happens at night.[/QUOTE]damn,you beat me to it...

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3321218]Out of curiosity, how many different kinds of crazy is that statement.

If he's a "Scientist", I'd love to hear the explanation for how a bunker is going to protect from the sun exploding[/QUOTE]

If he put SPF 1 Trillion on the bunker, that could work.

[QUOTE=2foolish197;3321230]damn,you beat me to it...[/QUOTE]

As this is based on the old saw about how the Polish astronauts flew to the sun, I'll give you half credit, 2foolish.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3321231]If he put SPF 1 Trillion on the bunker, that could work.[/QUOTE]

Or, just sunglasses.

[IMG]http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/105/l_d0b05e568ac94a0bad8fb0728c8e5d69.jpg[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3321218]
    If he's a "Scientist", I'd love to hear the explanation for how a bunker is going to protect from the sun exploding[/QUOTE]

I think he is a scientist the way Batman is a scientist.:D

I read somewhere he is a high school graduate and self-proclaimed scientist, which means he is nothing more than a raving pyscho with three innocent kids along for his descent into madness.

The authorities out there better get some balls or he will take these kids out, mark my word.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote]Robert Thomas told sheriff's investigators about what he observed between amateur storm chasers Richard and [B]Mayumi [/B]Heene when he helped record Richard Heene's ideas earlier this year, Thomas' attorney, Linda Lee, said Monday.

"Heene believes [B]the world is going to end in 2012[/B]," she said. [/quote]

Mayumi is a Mayan.

Balloon Dad is a Hamper nightmare in the making.

imagine this doosh and his family getting a reality show...

and jetsrules flooding us with asinine threads on reality tv's latest sensation.

FML.

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;3321283]Mayumi is a Mayan.[/QUOTE]

Sounds Japanese to me. But what would I know?

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    some just texted this to me:

[I][B]"thank god they found balloon boy, I was afraid Michael Jackson was ordering takeout from heaven"[/B][/I]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;3321283]Mayumi is a Mayan.[/QUOTE]

so she's got a slanty one???

Bewildered Beast

:rofl: :bigcry:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Ballon folks are from Ft. Collins CO. 20 miles from Boulder CO., the new Berkley

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    They should duct tape that whole family to the outside of the next space shuttle before it launches...now thats justice for free....well, cost of duct tape..