Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bon Jovi to open new stadium

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=oh well okay;3323320] they may be not be the most talented band on the planet but they at least write their own songs and play their own instruments - which in the world today means they are better than 80% of the top 40.[/QUOTE]

Yea, when i was 6 i thought the monkey's wrote their own songs and played their own instruments too.;)

I don't know which group is less talented, Kiss or Bon Jovi:rolleyes:

Both groups have to be the most over rated of all time.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=oh well okay;3323320]they may be not be the most talented band on the planet but they at least write their own songs and play their own instruments -QUOTE]

Good lord have you listened to any lyrics they've put out in the last 15 years? Talk about mailing it in...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bhoys in Green;3323585][QUOTE=oh well okay;3323320]they may be not be the most talented band on the planet but they at least write their own songs and play their own instruments -QUOTE]

Good lord have you listened to any lyrics they've put out in the last 15 years? Talk about mailing it in...[/QUOTE]

do people have trouble with reading comprehension? i prefaced my comments by saying i can't believe i am defending bon jovi because i hate him, his music and his fans. i wouldn't know what his lyrics are because i own zero bon jovi albums. but i don't begrudge him his success and automatically say "he sucks" because i personally don't like his music. i would rather this guy sell out stadiums than brittany spears or some other overproduced nonsense that they didn't write - has no melody - and that they don't really sing on.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3322687]Should have been Bruce:D[/QUOTE]

+1

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=oh well okay;3323906][QUOTE=Bhoys in Green;3323585]

do people have trouble with reading comprehension? i prefaced my comments by saying i can't believe i am defending bon jovi because i hate him, his music and his fans. i wouldn't know what his lyrics are because i own zero bon jovi albums. but i don't begrudge him his success and automatically say "he sucks" because i personally don't like his music. i would rather this guy sell out stadiums than brittany spears or some other overproduced nonsense that they didn't write - has no melody - and that they don't really sing on.[/QUOTE]

I own zero Bon Jovi albums as well. But I've heard the lyrics because they are just as invasive and overmarketed as the Britney Spears types you loathe. The music has gotten completely bland and the lyrics are so simple a third grader could have come up with it ("I say hey- HAVE A NICE DAY". Wow that one was bad). So you can be happy with the lesser of two evils selling out, but if anything I think we should hold proper established bands to a higher standard, thus my extreme hatred of Bon Jovi. U2 may put out the occasional clunker, but the argument has been made that a significant amount (not a majority, but a significant amount) of their best work has come in the last 10 years. the same will NEVER be said for Bon Jovi.

As for reading comprehension, I simply asked a question. I am fully aware that you and I are prolly on the same page here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bhoys in Green;3324046][QUOTE=oh well okay;3323906]

I own zero Bon Jovi albums as well. But I've heard the lyrics because they are just as invasive and overmarketed as the Britney Spears types you loathe. The music has gotten completely bland and the lyrics are so simple a third grader could have come up with it ("I say hey- HAVE A NICE DAY". Wow that one was bad). So you can be happy with the lesser of two evils selling out, but if anything I think we should hold proper established bands to a higher standard, thus my extreme hatred of Bon Jovi. U2 may put out the occasional clunker, but the argument has been made that a significant amount (not a majority, but a significant amount) of their best work has come in the last 10 years. the same will NEVER be said for Bon Jovi.

As for reading comprehension, I simply asked a question. I am fully aware that you and I are prolly on the same page here.[/QUOTE]

didn't mean to jump on you. i thought you were accusing me of being a bon jovi fan - i have pretty thick skin but that is a mortal insult!

i am not a u2 fan either, but from a non-fan perspective i see similarities between a lot of these bands that have been around for decades. two things tend to happen creatively - 1) you run out of things to say because you have the world by the balls; 2) your fans love you so much that you can put out any piece of crap and it sells. so you get no real feedback - "hey my album sold 2 million copies - i must be doing something right!"

to a lesser extent people like bruce, paul simon, paul mccartney, etc suffer from the same problem - but they are more talented so they can still put out a gem here and there. few artists on the planet have sustained 40 year careers where they continually put out good music - it just doesn't happen. but the fans like to see them play live - and they need an album to tour, so back into the studio for more garbage.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like

Bon Jovi adds Friday night July 9th

A 4th show, didn't expect this......[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oot0GtjQuxQ....this[/url] song is good cranked. Reminds of Capt. Phil, and any opposing QB.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=petejet;3322480]Actually PSLs entitle you to nothing outside of the Jets games you have tickets for.[/QUOTE]

Suprised anyone would have thought otherwise.

It's a Jets PSL, not an "All Events at this Stadium" PSL.

[QUOTE]few artists on the planet have sustained 40 year careers where they continually put out good music[/QUOTE]

Pink Floyd/Roger Water/David Gilmour.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3322687]Should have been Bruce:D[/QUOTE]

It was reported that it was offered to Bruce but he turned it down since he isn't touring this year.

Bruce Springsteen, who performed the last concerts at Giants Stadium, was offered the first concert at the new Meadowlands. He’s not on tour this year, so the gig went to Bon Jovi.

[url]http://dustinkeller81.com/2010/03/21/new-meadowlands-stadium/[/url]
    Last edited by C Mart; 04-08-2010 at 05:00 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3551413]Suprised anyone would have thought otherwise.

It's a Jets PSL, not an "All Events at this Stadium" PSL.

Pink Floyd/Roger Water/David Gilmour.[/QUOTE]

meh.

Final Cut, Division Bell, and Momentary Lapse are all mediocre at best.

Furthermore, Pink Floyd hasn't put out new stuff in at least 15 years.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe Nickleback will open for Bonjovi. That would be sweeEeet!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This will be the first event at the new meadowlands (jets stadium)

[url]http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/4866765/ce/us/mexico-ecuador-set-play-new-meadowlands-stadium?cc=5901&ver=us[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetFuel;3551467]This will be the first event at the new meadowlands (jets stadium)

[url]http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/4866765/ce/us/mexico-ecuador-set-play-new-meadowlands-stadium?cc=5901&ver=us[/url][/QUOTE]

Yeah they offered first crack, but there are La crosse matches this Sat.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3551456]meh.

Final Cut, Division Bell, and Momentary Lapse are all mediocre at best.[/quote]

Your lack of taste or musical understanding of the individual brilliance of these albums does not in any way reduce their greatness.;)

[quote]Furthermore, Pink Floyd hasn't put out new stuff in at least 15 years.[/QUOTE]

David Gilmour - On an Island/Live at Gdansk

You're welcome, although given your aforementioned lack of taste, it may simply be TOO MUCH AWESOME for you to handle.

:D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=djaparz;3322324]Tomorrow night they will be announcing that Bon Jovi will open up the stadium. Do us PSL owners get first crack at tickets?[/QUOTE]

The stadium opens Saturday with the the big city lacrosse classic. In fact the first event will be at 0800 when a HS team from Texas plays New Jersey school

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I might be able to stand Bon Jovi but Kid Rock opening

UGH

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    looking forward to attending the GRAND OPENING EVENT on Saturday

seats right next to the Coaches Club for 25 bucks

PRICELESS

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3551567]I might be able to stand Bon Jovi but [B]Kid Rock[/B] opening

UGH[/QUOTE]

Yea, that's pretty awful. I couldn't believe it when I heard it last night.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    is bon jovi going to bring his good buddy the bellichicken?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bon Jovi? Meadowlands?

One of the funniest things I've ever seen on TV:

[URL="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1z09v_triumph-the-insult-comic-dog-bon-jo_animals"]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1z09v_triumph-the-insult-comic-dog-bon-jo_animals[/URL]