Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone else hate their wife?

anyone else hate their wife?

I mean I actually have fantasies of me somehow getting rich so I could leave.
    anyone else feel like me? I can't be the only one with $hitty marriage.

i dont if its i hate my wife or i just hate being married, but ur not the only one.

All League
    Where's the the big sauce man been anyway?

All League
    There's a reason men die before women do. It's because WE WANT TO!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Best thread title ever.

lolz

Hate is such a strong word. But I do know I am continually "challenged" by my marriage on a semi-regular....ok...regular-regular...basis.

It is funny, I always feel like I am a step behind other family and friends who seem to have great marriages on the surface. Then you eventually hear about the affairs, or the sleeping in separate beds, or the disdain they have for each other. I don't get satisfaction out of that, just a little sad that what I thought existed somewhere maybe doesn't.

All League
    [QUOTE=morite;3323126]Hate is such a strong word. [B]But I do know I am continually "challenged" by my marriage on a semi-regular....ok...regular-regular...basis[/B].

It is funny, I always feel like I am a step behind other family and friends who seem to have great marriages on the surface. Then you eventually hear about the affairs, or the sleeping in separate beds, or the disdain they have for each other. I don't get satisfaction out of that, just a little sad that what I thought existed somewhere maybe doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much sums it up right there. If I had known internet pern would be widely available, and free, I prolly never'd got hitched!

All Pro
    Sleeping in separate beds does not mean a marriage is bad.....

Sorry, can't say I agree with this one...my wife and I have issues, like any married couple, but I enjoy being married.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=morite;3323126]Hate is such a strong word. But I do know I am continually "challenged" by my marriage on a semi-regular....ok...regular-regular...basis.

It is funny, I always feel like I am a step behind other family and friends who seem to have great marriages on the surface. Then you eventually hear about the affairs, or the sleeping in separate beds, or the disdain they have for each other. I don't get satisfaction out of that, just a little sad that what I thought existed somewhere maybe doesn't.[/QUOTE]

The story of long marriages.

Adult people are azzholes, men and women.

Being azzholes together under the same roof is very difficult.

The kids taking the focus off the other azzhole makes things easier.

Then the kids leave and you have two azzholes staring at eachother.

But now you are unnattractive azzzholes, even to azzholes outside of your family.

So you become roomates with an azzhole. And so do they.

Then you die.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;3323140]The story of long marriages.

Adult people are azzholes, men and women.

Being azzholes together under the same roof is very difficult.

The kids taking the focus off the other azzhole makes things easier.

Then the kids leave and you have two azzholes staring at eachother.

But now you are unnattractive azzzholes, even to azzholes outside of your family.

So you become roomates with an azzhole. And so do they.

Then you die.[/QUOTE]

I'm at it 13 years - thanks for the preview.

All League
    Separate beds once in a while no big deal. Sometimes you need a little gdamn peace and quiet.

And then, like today, when the wife is completely on your ash about absolutely nothing (apparently women have a quota to meet for *****ing), just come to the Hampur and read a little "can I get a little help" thread, laugh your twosticles off, and go to sleep in the separate bed. Alls well with the world.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Jetsound;3323142]I'm at it 13 years - thanks for the preview.[/QUOTE]

I'm still at the two azzholes with kids in the house stage with 14 years service.

But I've seen stuff.

:eek:

Hall Of Fame
    You have a wife? Surprising, I figured you to be a 16 year old kid with those gay ass RA RA LETS GO TEAM threads you start.

Hall Of Fame
    Aaaahhh. Wow.

I think I have a unique perspective on this.

I was married for a long time, bout 19 years (we had dated for 4 years before that through college and grad school for a total of about 23-24 years). My wife was ill for the last 6 of them, and then she passed away when she was 43. I was 44. We (I) have 4 kids, now 2 are in college and 2 in HS.

Loved my wife, but as with any couple that has been together for such a long time, and as many of you have experienced, being with someone for all that time can lead to challenges--especially if one of the spouses is a wiseass (that would be me) and one was a headstrong little Irish redhead (her).

Our challenges were unique, but had she never gotten sick, I would have had many of the same problems that all you have experienced. As it were, it's tough to fight with someone, or sustain a fight or grudge or such silliness, when someone is going through treatments on a weekly basis for 6 years straight. How do you stay mad at someone when that person is constantly vomiting or her hair is falling out. Conversely, how does she stay mad at you--even though you are a HUGE azzhole, when she can barely get out of bed.

When I started dating after she passed, I met a TON of divorced women who couldn't STAND the a-holes they had been married to. NONE of them had any happiness over the latter parts of their marriages. And I totally got it. Men are basically a-holes, and after the passion runs it's course--on BOTH sides--there is a lot of room for discord.

And as I started dating younger women, all my friends became incredibly curious and even envious with the concept that I was with someone "new'. That I no longer had to deal with any of the bullsh*t, none of the same old same old, none of the nagging, no one to answer to, none of the crap that you find you need to put up with to keep harmony in the household. I knew all of their wives, loved all of them, but I couldn't help feeling a sense of relief that I never had to experience the angst ALL of them were living with on a day-to-day basis.

Loved my wife. Tough woman. My brother-in-law (married to her younger sister--who was MUCH tougher than my wife) would often complain to me that I got off easy.

He once lamented to me "How did we marry into this ____ family"?

And I said--mostly in jest-- "You know those _____ women, you can't live with 'em, you can't kill 'em, but sometimes they die."

A very strange--and strained-- relationship, men and women that have been together for years.

I'd do anything to have her back. Except give up all the fun stuff.

[QUOTE=JStokes;3323185]Aaaahhh. Wow.

I was married for a long time, bout 19 years (we had dated for 4 years before that through college and grad school for a total of about 23-24 years). My wife was ill for the last 6 of them, and then she passed away when she was 43. I was 44. We (I) have 4 kids, now 2 are in college and 2 in HS.

Loved my wife, but as with any couple that has been together for such a long time, and as many of you have experienced, being with someone for all that time can lead to challenges--especially if one of the spouses is a wiseass (that would be me) and one was a headstrong little Irish redhead (her).

Our challenges were unique, but had she never gotten sick, I would have had many of the same problems that all you have experienced. As it were, it's tough to fight with someone, or sustain a fight or grudge or such silliness, when someone is going through treatments on a weekly basis for 6 years straight. How do you stay mad at someone when that person is constantly vomiting or her hair is falling out. Conversely, how does she stay mad at you--even though you are a HUGE azzhole, when she can barely get out of bed.

When I started dating after she passed, I met a TON of divorced women who couldn't STAND the a-holes they had been married to. NONE of them had any happiness over the latter parts of their marriages. And I totally got it. Men are basically a-holes, and after the passion runs it's course--on BOTH sides--there is a lot of room for discord.

And as I started dating younger women, all my friends became incredibly curious and even envious with the concept that I was with someone "new'. That I no longer had to deal with any of the bullsh*t, none of the same old same old, none of the nagging, no one to answer to, none of the crap that you find you need to put up with to keep harmony in the household. I knew all of their wives, loved all of them, but I couldn't help feeling a sense of relief that I never had to experience the angst ALL of them were living with on a day-to-day basis.

Loved my wife. Tough woman. My brother-in-law (married to her younger sister--who was MUCH tougher than my wife) would often complain to me that I got off easy.

And I said--mostly in jest-- "You know those _____ women, you can't live with 'em, you can't kill 'em, but sometimes they die."

A very strange--and strained-- relationship, men and women that have been together for years.

I'd do anything to have her back. Except give up all the fun stuff.[/QUOTE]

Well done, JStokes...well done.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=JStokes;3323185]Aaaahhh. Wow.

I'd do anything to have her back. Except give up all the fun stuff.[/QUOTE]

Well done, boyo.

You got me good.:O

Well done.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

put a small office in your house, preferably downstairs....this way if she really pisses you off you don't have to sit next to her in the living room or in bed....and when you're down there find a second job that'll make you some income so you can get rich and leave...:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6X0Qqxx3f0[/url]

All Pro
    I dont hate her yet but its getting close, I think she's got somebody
    on the side though, meanwhile I am stuck with all these kids to
    watch...like tonight for instance. she's been gone since 8:30 pm
    and its now 11:00 pm.

Chit I am getting upset now. she did the same chit last sat. morning
    didnt come back till 2:30 am sunday morning. I think my marrage is
    on the ROCKS. :eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=TechJet;3323252]I dont hate her yet but its getting close, I think she's got somebody
    on the side though, meanwhile I am stuck with all these kids to
    watch...like tonight for instance. she's been gone since 8:30 pm
    and its now 11:00 pm.

Chit I am getting upset now. she did the same chit last sat. morning
    didnt come back till 2:30 am sunday morning. I think my marrage is
    on the ROCKS. :eek:[/QUOTE]

what does she tell you she's doing???