Thread: For Godsake will someone explain this stupid ****ing commercial to me!

Hall Of Fame

For Godsake will someone explain this stupid ****ing commercial to me!

[url]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Wx7BV8Ogs[/url]

Do I understand this correctly?

Manly woman who looks like Garry Shandling bought a dress.

Husband wants to go on vacation with saved bonus points from credit card account.

Block-headed woman announces they can't go on a vacation because she spent all the points for a vacation [B]on a single frigging dress[/B].

Husband is pleased with this and is going to go upstairs and make love to blockhead just as commercial ends.

Am I missing something?:dunno:

I find the whole thing upsetting and it seems to be on every five minutes.

they cut out the part where he bashes her head in with Volumes 6 through 11 of the Encyclopaedia.

ps -- i think this is zachjetshouse favorite commercial :P

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3323952][url]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Wx7BV8Ogs[/url]

Husband wants to go on vacation with saved bonus points from credit card account.

Block-headed woman announces they can't go on a vacation because she spent all the points for a vacation [B]on a single frigging dress[/B].

Husband is pleased with this and is going to go upstairs and make love to blockhead just as commercial ends.

I find the whole thing upsetting and it seems to be on every five minutes.[/QUOTE]

No, you pretty much got it.

Guess they aren't Jewish.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

maybe they're new bolt ons?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3323980]No, you pretty much got it.[/QUOTE]

And it doesn't piss you off?

[QUOTE=FF2®;3323980]Guess they aren't Jewish.[/QUOTE]

Chick is a dead ringer for Gary Shandling. C,mon

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3323952][url]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Wx7BV8Ogs[/url]

I find the whole thing upsetting and it seems to be on every five minutes.[/QUOTE]

I love this commercial. Mainly because of the song. And the woman isn't bad looking at all.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=pauliec;3323995]I love this commercial. Mainly because of the song. And the woman isn't bad looking at all.[/QUOTE]
    I actually never even paid attention to it before, just listened to Frank :yes:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3323995]I love this commercial. Mainly because of the song. And the woman isn't bad looking at all.[/QUOTE]

You are a marketer's dream

i think the woman is a knock-out...moral of commercial...even beautiful woman are some guy's problem.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3323990]

Chick is a dead ringer for Gary Shandling. C,mon[/QUOTE]

I dunno.

She has a kind of Gina Davis/Julia Roberts vibe going on.

Saw Shandling on Bill Maher last eve, btw. (I wanted to be infuriated)

Theres all sorts of stuff going on with his mug. I cant put my finger on it, but he's morphing into something. bizarre

This commercial always bothers me as well. I can never get past the husband's beaver teeth. Check 'em out at the end of the spot when he smiles. It looks like he had the dental work done in the Sudan.

BTW, "Horse Gal" in the ad is Molly Culver, who played Tasha Dexter on Pam Anderson's TV show, [I]VIP[/I]. Here's a better, though not great, shot:

[URL=http://img101.imageshack.us/i/mollyculverpics002.jpg/][IMG]http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2465/mollyculverpics002.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3324040]This commercial always bothers me as well. I can never get past the husband's beaver teeth. Check 'em out at the end of the spot when he smiles. It looks like he had the dental work done in the Sudan.

[/QUOTE]

If you and I weren't here, this place would be a moron colony.

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3324045]If you and I weren't here, this place would be a moron colony.[/QUOTE]

I think we go with the operant conditioning program (punishment rather than reinforcement driven) soon. I get chastised nightly by my wife--who's in the ad world--for ripping apart commercials and anything else which appears on our TV. Although most of my criticism is humor based, I am about as cynical and jaded as a person can be.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3324061]I think we go with the operant conditioning program (punishment rather than reinforcement driven) soon. I get chastised nightly by my wife--who's in the ad world--for ripping apart commercials and anything else which appears on our TV. Although most of my criticism is humor based, I am about as cynical and jaded as a person can be.[/QUOTE]

The whole commercial thing is just so bizzare. We don't see it because we were raised with them, but in the future, historians will look at these 30 second clips of bizzaro world and say WTF?

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3324071]The whole commercial thing is just so bizzare. We don't see it because we were raised with them, but in the future, historians will look at these 30 second clips of bizzaro world and say WTF?[/QUOTE]

The one which drives me to throw objects into walls is the Glade spot with that redhead who must have gigantism. At the end of the commercial she nods to the camera (almost winking) and says, "And, yes, it's Glade." Yeah, let's put more toxic, vile smelling garbage in our homes. Here's a hint: Clean your f**king home--and wash your a$$ once in a while--so it doesn't stink so much you need this crap to cover it up.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KiSwaKX5Vg&feature=related[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3324071]The whole commercial thing is just so bizzare. We don't see it because we were raised with them, but in the future, historians will look at these 30 second clips of bizzaro world and say WTF?[/QUOTE]

And how, Timmmay, do they sell cheeseburgers in the future?

;)