Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Machida v. Silva

What a b.s. decision.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was terrible. Shogun got robbed.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    For all the boxing v. mma talk that goes around, they are both corrupt as ****. Whoever Dana White annoints as the company's new golden boy is awarded b.s. decisions. It happened with Griffin v. Jackson and tonight was even worse. I like Machida as a fighter as he seems like a great guy, but he did NOTHING tonight. Shogun battered him the entire fight and beat him to the punch. I hate seeing people get ripped off like that after dedicating months of training. It's going to be a while before I spend $$ on a UFC card. Bring on CBS in a few weeks.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total ripoff. Looked like the fix was in, if you ask me. I don't see how they didn't give Shogun at least four of the five rounds.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    For all the boxing v. mma talk that goes around, they are both corrupt as ****. Whoever Dana White annoints as the company's new golden boy is awarded b.s. decisions. It happened with Griffin v. Jackson and tonight was even worse. I like Machida as a fighter as he seems like a great guy, but he did NOTHING tonight. Shogun battered him the entire fight and beat him to the punch. I hate seeing people get ripped off like that after dedicating months of training. It's going to be a while before I spend $$ on a UFC card. Bring on CBS in a few weeks.
    I agree I am losing intrest in the ufc. It was a shocking unanimous decision for the machida win. The entire card was terrible. Shogun was robbed tonight. It wasn't the most exciting fight, I think Machida backpedals way to much and wasn't nearly as agressive as his previous fights. But Shogun proved he's back in shape can go the distance. UFC has to start putting up some super fights (GSP/Anderson Silva, stuff like that)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    As bad as this fight was, MMA is going to have a huge month in November.

The next two big cards are going to be on free TV. The Elite XC Fedor fight on CBS and UFC 105 with Couture v Vera on Spike are both peaking my interest. Plus, UFC 106 with Lesnar and Tito/Forrest has a lot of my friends who are casual UFC fans at best excited.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by msujetfan 89 View Post
    As bad as this fight was, MMA is going to have a huge month in November.

The next two big cards are going to be on free TV. The Elite XC Fedor fight on CBS and UFC 105 with Couture v Vera on Spike are both peaking my interest. Plus, UFC 106 with Lesnar and Tito/Forrest has a lot of my friends who are casual UFC fans at best excited.
    I have no interest in the couture Vera fight as well as the Lesnar fight. Glad to see Tito back but why does the UFC have to do ANOTHER pointless rematch.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I have no interest in the couture Vera fight as well as the Lesnar fight. Glad to see Tito back but why does the UFC have to do ANOTHER pointless rematch.
    Being a former WWE fan, Brock got me interested in MMA in the first place, and I'm still a fan of his.

Also, UFC wanted to do Tito v Mark Coleman, but his injury sort of forced their hand and Forrest will still bring in the buys despite his loss to Silva.

If anyone else is watching the post-fight press conference I feel Dana's doing a real good job of damage control.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being a former WWE fan, Brock got me interested in MMA in the first place, and I'm still a fan of his.

Also, UFC wanted to do Tito v Mark Coleman, but his injury sort of forced their hand and Forrest will still bring in the buys despite his loss to Silva.

If anyone else is watching the post-fight press conference I feel Dana's doing a real good job of damage control.
    MMA is not the WWE though. I'm a practitioner of jiu jitsu and I appreciate the grappling part of a fight. There's no doubt that Brock is a superior athlete and a bohemoth of a man but what he does just doesn't interest me. I kmow the Coleman injury was a setback but they could have picked a fresh fight for him.

Not watching press conference what Dana saying how's everyone reacting?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    MMA is not the WWE though. I'm a practitioner of jiu jitsu and I appreciate the grappling part of a fight. There's no doubt that Brock is a superior athlete and a bohemoth of a man but what he does just doesn't interest me. I kmow the Coleman injury was a setback but they could have picked a fresh fight for him.

Not watching press conference what Dana saying how's everyone reacting?
    The gist of it is that he hates to see these guys train for months and have a win taken from them. He added that their still a fairly new sport and are still working out some things, and football and baseball still have disputed calls too so no sport's perfect.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The gist of it is that he hates to see these guys train for months and have a win taken from them. He added that their still a fairly new sport and are still working out some things, and football and baseball still have disputed calls too so no sport's perfect.
    Basically a BS decision. Unanimous nonetheless. What a crock of ****

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is a horrible analogy IMO. In baseball and football, when there is a blown call, it is usually made under haste not after watching three fighters go at it for 25 minutes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was watching this last night at my buddies house, he had 500 bucks on Machida. He wasn't happy at the end when he thought he was going to be down $500 dollars. Room erupted in shock when Machida was giving the decision. Everyone thought the fix was in.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    $500? Your friend is nuts. He was a 5-1 favorite which would have cost him $2500 if they got the decision right and awarded it to Shogun. As much of a chess match as that title fight was, I was impressed with how dominant Cain was in co-main event. He destroyed Rothwell and even though the stop was premature, it was inevitable.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I still can't believe how much Rua dictated the fight. He won the fight on body kicks alone -- nobody ever hit Machida like that.

Maybe the fix was in and Joe Rogen let the cat out of the bag by yelling "The Machida Era has begun" right after he beat Evans, who knows. All I know is I was a huge Machida fan going into this fight, and expected the fight of the year...but now I'm guessing the last thing Machida wants is a rematch.

Shogun is a beast.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    For all those who think Shogun won hands down, please watch the fight again with the sound off.

If you do, you'll probably see that rounds 4 and 5 seem to be clearly won by Shogun. However, rounds 1,2, and 3 are in fact very close. For every Shogun kick, you see Machida land a left jab. Honestly, all 3 of those rounds could have gone in favor of Machida.

I think Shogun's dominance at the end of the fight coupled with Rogan going bonkers over the leg kicks makes you believe Shogun was a clear winner when in fact it was much closer....