Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DeVito looked damn good to me...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

DeVito looked damn good to me...

the kid's a load, he can play NT and not embarrass himself, he looked very nimble too. Happy we have this young kid, did anyone see Pitoitua?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Slikmojet;3328378]the kid's a load, he can play NT and not embarrass himself, he looked very nimble too. Happy we have this young kid, did anyone see Pitoitua?[/QUOTE]

I respect the opinions of the OP, but I didn't see much out of Devito. Looks like a JAG to me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1 the kid did well today. He's pretty athletic

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Devito has always impressed. He reminds me of Mike Wright of the Pats, solid depth to have.

Veteran
    Clark University, by way of West Orange, NJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Slikmojet;3328378]the kid's a load, he can play NT and not embarrass himself, he looked very nimble too. Happy we have this young kid, did anyone see Pitoitua?[/QUOTE]

I saw Pitoitua got good push on a few plays. I think he's incredibly strong, but hedoesn't seem able to change directions very well. Considering that he wasn't undrafted though, that isn't really a surprise

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another good game for DeVito.

One of the few positives on defense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. DeVito continues to impress. Best asset is his motor.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looked good today. Is probably our best current D-lineman.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;3328419]Devito has always impressed. He reminds me of Mike Wright of the Pats, solid depth to have.[/QUOTE]

+1

He's been the developmental guy we've given starts to in the past, and he's never embarrassed himself.

Excellent player to have...I wouldn't even mind starting him if Jenkins were healthy and we had a bigger, badder DE to play. He's outplaying Ellis this year easily.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will be solid for years to come.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, John and I were just talking about this in another thread and I even said he deserved his own thread. Sorry I didn't see this one but GREAT JOB! He has been the most pleasant of surprises this year.

John, THANKS FOR THE BUMP!!!
    Last edited by HessStation; 11-16-2009 at 09:01 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HessStation;3358785]LOL, John and I were just talking about this in another thread and I even said he deserved his own thread. Sorry I didn't see this one but GREAT JOB! He has been the most pleasant of surprises this year.

John, THANKS FOR THE BUMP!!![/QUOTE]

Of course, buddy. I couldn't find it initially between the "please kill me" and/or "Sanchez is a bust and I should be the QB" threads, but I think we need to find positives in the few good individual performances that we can. The rest will eventually come.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3357603]Looked good today. Is probably our best current D-lineman.[/QUOTE]

Not to get down on DeVito but if this is the case, we are in some serious trouble going forward...

Even when DeVito is a good backup, we need some new bodies upfront.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    More in the game Jets vs Jaguars game day gallery :yes:

[IMG]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/gallery/files/3/2/0/1/IMG_6820.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/gallery/files/3/2/0/1/IMG_6584_70935.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/gallery/files/3/2/0/1/IMG_7055.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Devito's been good.

He's good depth to have on that line. I still like Pitoitua a lot. He had a hurry early in the game that forced an incompletion.

Just need a DT in the draft ala Cody/Powe/Dan Williams to replace Green/Pouha.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    devito and pito are the reasons why this team won't draft a DL in the first round

meanwhile they have their best defender returning punts...

believe it or not, replacing Leon *not Jenkins* should be the team's priority in the offseason.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3358852]devito and pito are the reasons why this team won't draft a DL in the first round

meanwhile they have their best defender returning punts...

believe it or not, replacing Leon *not Jenkins* should be the team's priority in the offseason.[/QUOTE]

You can't just go get another great kick returner. Decent ones are everywhere and I'd even go with Lowery to be honest.

And the only thing you really need out of a punt returner is someone who can catch the ball every time. Revis shouldn't be back there. This is especially true considering how good Lowery has looked returning punts. He's not the fastest but he seems to have great vision and comfort doing it. That turnover in the preseason seems to have eliminated him though.

But although Devito and Pito are good, we need more in the front 7. We have to sell out more to stop the run and we still aren't great at it. Draft a guy like Powe. I could be convinced of Cody although I'm not crazy about him and his lack of strength. If we go with a guy like Hughes in the first, just draft someone like Dan Williams in the second.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/20080708/300.devito.sunnyphilly.070708.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3358928]You can't just go get another great kick returner. Decent ones are everywhere and I'd even go with Lowery to be honest.

And the only thing you really need out of a punt returner is someone who can catch the ball every time. Revis shouldn't be back there. This is especially true considering how good Lowery has looked returning punts. He's not the fastest but he seems to have great vision and comfort doing it. That turnover in the preseason seems to have eliminated him though.

But although Devito and Pito are good, we need more in the front 7. We have to sell out more to stop the run and we still aren't great at it. Draft a guy like Powe. I could be convinced of Cody although I'm not crazy about him and his lack of strength. If we go with a guy like Hughes in the first, just draft someone like Dan Williams in the second.[/QUOTE]

Dan Williams is NOT a 3-4 NT... looks the part but isn't strong enough just yet. Can't hold his ground against a double team and gets pushed back quite a bit. Now Jerrell Powe is a different story.

I agree that we need some serious talent in the front seven and sorry but when we want to be a dominant defense, you don't just get murdered by a very average Jacksonville team. MJD is a stud but great defenses stop good runners, plain and simple. Pito and DeVito are DEPTH players, very good rotational players but not getting help for our front seven and the DL just because some of our backups have their moments is RIDICULOUS!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3359054]While Good at the nose, DeVito is not a mountain man and over the long haul he'll probably wear down if he's starting 16 Games at NT .. but I do think he sets us up at one of the 34DE spots, I think he can be a good starter there for a long time, and that's important too because that needed to be addrsssed as well

Having said that, I[B] can still see the Jets prioritizing a NT, another 34DE and a 34OLB who can really pin his ears back and get after the QB[/B], which may be the first priority, because I don't think it will take Rex more than one year to draw a conclusion about Gholston .. he didn't draft Gholston, that's not his mistake, so he'll probably move on to PLAN B a lot faster than people suspect[/QUOTE]

Amen