Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DeVito looked damn good to me...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3358852]devito and pito are the reasons why this team won't draft a DL in the first round

meanwhile they have their best defender returning punts...

believe it or not, replacing Leon *not Jenkins* should be the team's priority in the offseason.[/QUOTE]

Bit, I agree with you that getting a replacement for Leon is a bigger need than replacing Jenkins this offseason.

NT's last...RB's don't. That's just really how this sport works...

That said, Pito and DeVito will not hold us back from a DL in the first. It'd be nice, but DL in the first would be really, really nice. I'd just prefer a DE over a NT...unless an excellent NT prospect fell to us.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3359054]While Good at the nose, DeVito is not a mountain man and over the long haul he'll probably wear down if he's starting 16 Games at NT .. but I do think he sets us up at one of the 34DE spots, I think he can be a good starter there for a long time, and that's important too because that needed to be addrsssed as well

Having said that, I can still see the Jets prioritizing a NT, another 34DE and a 34OLB who can really pin his ears back and get after the QB, which may be the first priority, because I don't think it will take Rex more than one year to draw a conclusion about Gholston .. he didn't draft Gholston, that's not his mistake, so he'll probably move on to PLAN B a lot faster than people suspect[/QUOTE]

rex doesn't get to make draft picks, the accountant that runs the team does

and if he goes back to the 3-4 OLB well after having Pace, Thomas and Gholston account for a ba-zillion dollars worth of contracts, I'll eat my hat.

JMO Jenks can come back and be a decent space filler... and he's still under contract... also Rex likes guys like Kroul... they can find DL... but they don't have any gamebreakers on offense.. and Leon's injury scares me worse than Jenks' does.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3359165]rex doesn't get to make draft picks, the accountant that runs the team does

and if he goes back to the 3-4 OLB well after having Pace, Thomas and Gholston account for a ba-zillion dollars worth of contracts, I'll eat my hat.

JMO Jenks can come back and be a decent space filler... and he's still under contract... also Rex likes guys like Kroul... they can find DL... but they don't have any gamebreakers on offense.. and Leon's injury scares me worse than Jenks' does.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't the accountant be able to figure out a way to make the numbers work?

Also, has the accountant failed us in the first round yet? I beileve the one bust went on the guy who tore this family/franchise apart. If the BPA is an OLB, I'd at least give it heavy consideration and probably pull the trigger depending on who is left.

Who is this Kroul guy man? I mean I like Iowa players under Ferentz but you bring him up often as if he's done anything worthy of holding us back in the draft. He's not even close to NT size at 6'3 280 anyway...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3359194]Who is this Kroul guy man? I mean I like Iowa players under Ferentz but you bring him up often as if he's done anything worthy of holding us back in the draft. He's not even close to NT size at 6'3 280 anyway...[/QUOTE]

not at 280 but he could bulk up in the offseason... around 300 he becomes a useful player... he played real well in preseason. feel like he could be another devito or turner.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3359212]not at 280 but he could bulk up in the offseason... around 300 he becomes a useful player... he played real well in preseason. feel like he could be another devito or turner.[/QUOTE]

20 pounds in an offseason? I realize this is the NFL, but damn.

He probably is a decent developmental prospect, but starting quality or someone worthy of stopping us from getting a starting quality talent? Hell no. Not even close, and the same could be said of DeVito and Pito.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3359236]20 pounds in an offseason? I realize this is the NFL, but damn.

He probably is a decent developmental prospect, but starting quality or someone worthy of stopping us from getting a starting quality talent? Hell no. Not even close, and the same could be said of DeVito and Pito.[/QUOTE]

Exactly...