Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ***Official New Jersey Nets 2009-10 Season***

***Official New Jersey Nets 2009-10 Season***

Am I the only person here that roots for the team across the river?

I'm hoping we can put a competitive team out on the court this season? Hopefully our young players can show some potential so we can get some free-agents next offseason.

In the NBA if you can get a good PG and C, which we have in Harris and Lopez, you can build the rest of the team around them.

I'm keeping the faith alive.

I think there are a few resident Nets fans around here that kept the Nets Season Thread rolling along the past couple seasons. Can't really remember who they were.

I do think the Nets will be decent. They should challenge for one of the bottom playoff seeds. Harris really is a very good PG and Lopez should only get better.

harris needs to stay healthy...and they need one of the young swing players to step up..(lee, twill, or cdr) all have shown flashes...lopez should move into the upper echelon of centers this year...16 10 and 2 blocks would be nice...but harris is the key, he needs to prove last year wasn't a fluke and that he can lead this team on his own..also he needs to stay healthy as that is always a concern with him..

Banned
    As a Nets fan you're probably looking at around a 30 win season. Doesn't matter since it's all about 2010 and Lebron James. If the Brooklyn arena becomes a reality Lebron is friends with Jay-Z and the Nets will be under the cap.
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 10-27-2009 at 09:14 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    I watched the World Series game last night, so I missed the opener for the Nets, but for them to blow a huge lead like that is a reflection of their youth and lack of discipline. That's where L. Frank needs to step it up, because it is obvious the talent is there. For T. Will, a rookie, to come off the bench and have a double double in his first game, is very encouraging for this team's future. Lopez is unreal. In a few years this team is going to be scary. Can you imagine adding Lebron?

But for right now, it looks like they have to play smarter and tougher throughout the whole game, not just the first three quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt245 View Post
    I watched the World Series game last night, so I missed the opener for the Nets, but for them to blow a huge lead like that is a reflection of their youth and lack of discipline. That's where L. Frank needs to step it up, because it is obvious the talent is there. For T. Will, a rookie, to come off the bench and have a double double in his first game, is very encouraging for this team's future. Lopez is unreal. In a few years this team is going to be scary. Can you imagine adding Lebron?

But for right now, it looks like they have to play smarter and tougher throughout the whole game, not just the first three quarters.
    Nets have alot of young talent but it already looks like it's gonna be a long year...harris has to stay healthy (already hurt) and him and lopez have to carry the load..

When do you guys think the Nets will get their first win of the year?

I'm looking at either Indiana on November 17th and then they have the Knicks on the 21st.

This team is getting ravaged by injuries, which is what we all said would make or break this team.

the nets should be able to get a win this week hopefully...harris might be back as early as saturday...they need him badly obviously...and lee might be back soon too..

Combined record of the 2 local teams.... 1-19.

Awesome.

This is starting to get really ugly. If they lose to the Kings on Friday, then they will break the record for most losses to start a season.

The question now is, if Lawrence Frank will get fired?

The first 13 losses were because the team was banged up, but now that Harris and Lee are back, if they don't get a win soon than Frank's job should be in jeopardy.

Jets Insider VIP
    What is it about the teams that are *ETS??????

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by msujetfan 89 View Post
    This is starting to get really ugly. If they lose to the Kings on Friday, then they will break the record for most losses to start a season.

The question now is, if Lawrence Frank will get fired?

The first 13 losses were because the team was banged up, but now that Harris and Lee are back, if they don't get a win soon than Frank's job should be in jeopardy.
    Even if Frank survives this season I think he may very well end up getting fired in the off-season. Lebron is the #1 target and they are going to hire a coach who he likes and if Frank ain't it (answer is probably no) they'll go get someone Lebron likes better.

The Celtics were a train wreck right before they traded for Garnett and Ray Allen. The Cavs were the league's worst team the season before they drafted Lebron. The Spurs were horrible the year before they got Duncan. The Lakers were mediocre and people were laughing at them for choosing Kobe over Shaq until they finally rebuilt.

Don't fret Nets fans this is how the nba works. You have to be bad - really bad - before you can rebuild and become a contender again. This ain't baseball where you can just sign anybody you want anytime you want.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

So, Frank will be getting fired after the game vs LA, and being replaced by the GM Kiki Vandewei.

Leave it up to the Nets to have their GM double as a coach to save some cash.

All kidding aside though, this is something that had to be done, because the players weren't responding to him anymore. He seemed like a good guy, and for a time did pretty well despite a lack of talent on the team. I hope he bounces back and gets another coaching job.

he we got a win and no mention? lol

I like Frank, it was sad to see him go on such a bad note. But it had to be done and I think it was a classy move not having him make the trip all the way out to LA and cutting him loose a game before the record was tied. Nets have plenty of cap room and some nice young players. I don't see them staying in the basement very long at all. Just an observation from a Knicks fan.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I like Frank, it was sad to see him go on such a bad note. But it had to be done and I think it was a classy move not having him make the trip all the way out to LA and cutting him loose a game before the record was tied. Nets have plenty of cap room and some nice young players. I don't see them staying in the basement very long at all. Just an observation from a Knicks fan.
    The Nets are going to be sick next year. Enough cap room to give out two max deals + a top 3 pick. They along with the Knicks will be significantly upgraded by next fall.

two out of three! break out the bottles..

the nets are def. well positioned for the future esp. if the move to bk goes through as expected..

lopez is good young center..harris is good young pg..CDR has really opened some eyes this year..lee is decent...they will alot of cap space and a top lottery pick..this year wont be pretty but they are set up well for the future..and its hard to argue with Rod Thorn's track record..
    Last edited by gqxluvx; 12-09-2009 at 02:00 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    two out of three! break out the bottles..

the nets are def. well positioned for the future esp. if the move to bk goes through as expected..

lopez is good young center..harris is good young pg..CDR has really opened some eyes this year..lee is decent...they will alot of cap space and a top lottery pick..this year wont be pretty but they are set up well for the future..and it hards to argue with Rod Thorn's track record..
    Thorn is one of the best GM's in the league. So is Donnie Walsh. Both guys know exactly what they're doing it's a much trickier to rebuild in the NBA than it is in baseball where all you have to do is throw money at free agents.

well thats THREE!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I do think the Nets will be decent. They should challenge for one of the bottom playoff seeds.
    Not one of your better predictions.