Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ***Official New Jersey Nets 2009-10 Season***

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Thorn is one of the best GM's in the league. So is Donnie Walsh. Both guys know exactly what they're doing it's a much trickier to rebuild in the NBA than it is in baseball where all you have to do is throw money at free agents.
    Donnie Walsh one of the best GMs in the league?

He picked Gallo over Lopez. I hate to say it, but GALLO SUCKS. People compare him to Dirk and that's laughable. Gallo can't dribble, is an average shooter, and below average rebounder for his height. In what way is he like Dirk?

D'antoni is the only reason the knicks may be relavent this year. They have David Lee and 14 bench players. It's a shock they have 12 wins.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Pennington View Post

He picked Gallo over Lopez. I hate to say it, but GALLO SUCKS. People compare him to Dirk and that's laughable. Gallo can't dribble, is an average shooter, and below average rebounder for his height. In what way is he like Dirk?

D'antoni is the only reason the knicks may be relavent this year. They have David Lee and 14 bench players. It's a shock they have 12 wins.
    Well if you've been following the nba over the course of the past 20 years you'd know Walsh is one of the most respected GM's in the league. The Pacers made the playoffs 16 of 17 years while he was GM and drafted Reggie Miller. Already with the Knicks he's managed to get rid of the horrendous contracts of Zach Randolph, Jamal Crawford and Quentin Richardson and if he can get rid of Jeffries' contract we'll have enough cap room to sign two superstar free agents this summer.

I wanted Lopez or Gordon instead of Galli but Gallo is not a bust and is actually a pretty good offensive player who can even contribute on defense and grab rebounds with his large athletic body. Will he be Dirk? No but I'd be happy with him becoming a Peja Stojakivic type of player in the pros.

The bigger mistake was probably taking Jordan Hill over Brandon Jenning but Jennings was kind of a fluke and if you're going to get on Walsh for that there are plenty of other GM's who passed on Jennings too.

And about the 14 bench players comment - when you're trying to rebuild in the NBA and get out of salary cap hell you can't have a championship contender overnight. This isn't baseball where Brian Cashman, Omar Minaya and Theo Epstein can throw money at whoever they want and basically steal players from small market teams.
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 01-01-2010 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Pennington View Post

Gallo does not suck. He's not going to be a superstar, but he certainly does not suck.

And your point about 14 bench players is pretty lame. Walsh wasn't brought in to turn this into a playoff/championship caliber team over night. He was brought in to fix the mess made by Scott Layden and Isiah Thomas, which he has been doing for the past year and a half.
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 01-15-2010 at 02:21 AM.

All Pro
    Got court seats for tomorrow nights game against the Pacers..Hope the crowd gets loud, Nets have a very bright future

We're positioned to get some great players with our draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    Got court seats for tomorrow nights game against the Pacers..Hope the crowd gets loud, Nets have a very bright future

We're positioned to get some great players with our draft picks.
    Don't count on it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Don't count on it.
    Yep, ur right for at least this year. Had front court seats to watch that debacle tonight..Nets were actually in the game until the second quarter, then they were just run over by the Pacers....Harris is the only player that showed any emotion....Got so bad the Pacers started taking all of their starters out at the begining of the 4th quarter..

Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    Yep, ur right for at least this year. Had front court seats to watch that debacle tonight..Nets were actually in the game until the second quarter, then they were just run over by the Pacers....Harris is the only player that showed any emotion....Got so bad the Pacers started taking all of their starters out at the begining of the 4th quarter..
    Nets have a bright future though. You guys just have to deal with this disaster for this season.

Just heard some rumors about the Nets possibly picking up Amare Stoudamire from the Suns.

Would you trade Devin Harris considering that they'll probably be able to draft John Wall, and won't need another PG?

The best part is, the Nets could very well get the worst record of all time, and are not guaranteed the 1st overall pick. If they get Wall, and trade Harris for some good value..there's a great chance they will have the best turnaround in NBA history.(If there able to get a Stoudemire in free agency).

The Knicks better get their a** out of the lottery so Utah doesn't get a good pick.

Quote Originally Posted by msujetfan 89 View Post
    Just heard some rumors about the Nets possibly picking up Amare Stoudamire from the Suns.

Would you trade Devin Harris considering that they'll probably be able to draft John Wall, and won't need another PG?
    I wouldn't do it from a Nets perspective, because they aren't guaranteed the 1st pick and Amare will be a free agent this summer. I wouldn't shop Harris until Wall is officially a Net. Being left without a legitimate PG would really set a team back that is likely to make some major moves in the upcoming off-season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I wouldn't do it from a Nets perspective, because they aren't guaranteed the 1st pick and Amare will be a free agent this summer. I wouldn't shop Harris until Wall is officially a Net. Being left without a legitimate PG would really set a team back that is likely to make some major moves in the upcoming off-season.
    I wouldn't do that move either. Not only are they not guaranteed John Wall the Nets have enough cap space this summer to offer two major free agents near-max contracts. They can keep Harris and add two superstars along with a top 3 pick in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    I wouldn't do that move either. Not only are they not guaranteed John Wall the Nets have enough cap space this summer to offer two major free agents near-max contracts. They can keep Harris and add two superstars along with a top 3 pick in the draft.
    Agreed. No reason to sacrifice such value, when it could fall into their laps this summer. I could understand it more if they were contending for the playoffs, but the Nets season was over the minute it started. Amare or whomever they end up getting can wait until the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    All I know is the Nets better recieve that #1 Pick or I'm done with the NBA

If they don't get John Wall following this unmitigated disaster, I'm done
    If they don't land the number one pick, it's going to really make the NBA and this whole lottery system look very, very bad.

I'll never watch another NBA Game for the rest of my life

No kidding
    By the way, this is the one sport where I don't know your allegiance. Are you a Nets or Knicks fan?

If the Nets get the #1 pick and draft Wall as expected I think they will look to trade Harris..

Unless you buy the idea of a fixed lottery our odds are pretty low. Even as by far the worst club in the nba we have about a 1 in 4 shot at it. So as great as John Wall might be we may have to look at DeMarcus Cousins or Evan Turner instead. Plus if you heard his comments towards Calipari circa a week ago, this kid has potential coachability and character problems. So yeah he would be great, but if we lose out on the next Pete Maravich/Derrick Rose we will at least be able to draft the next Brandon Roy or Antonio McDyess, which are not awful consolation prizes.

also the nets have two # 1 picks this draft, theirs and the mavericks from the Jason Kidd trade...

Oops!

In that case I'll take Quincy Poindexter with our second 1st RD Pick

=====

NJ Nets - Mock Off Season

OUT
    Bobby Simmons - ($11.242,666)
    Tony Battie - ($6.606,600
    Trenton Hassell - ($4.350,000)
    Kris Humphries - ($2.900,000)
    Jarvis Hayes - ($2.062,800)
    Josh Boone - ($2.056,968)
    Chris Quinn - ($1.050,387)

TOTAL: $30.270,000

=====

UFA's
    Amare Stoudemire
    Joe Johnson
    Brad Miller
    Drew Gooden
    Kyle Korver
    Nate Robinson

DRAFT
    RD 1. PG John Wall (Kentucky)
    RD 1. SF Quincy Poindexter (Washington)

STARTERS
    PG John Wall
    SG Devin Harris
    SF Joe Johnson
    PF Amare Stoudemire
    C Brook Lopez

BENCH
    C/PF Yi Jianlian
    C/PF Brad Miller
    PF/C Drew Gooden
    SF Quincy Poindexter
    SF/SG Kyle Korver
    SF/SG Terrence Williams
    SG/SF Courtney Lee
    SG/SF Chris Douglas-Roberts
    PG/SG Nate Robinson
    PG Keyon Dooling

NEW HC: Rick Pitino or Jeff Van Gumby
    Love the way this looks Ham, but I doubt we're getting Amare and Joe Johnson.

Ham that's ridiculous dude lol. That teams bench could be a starting squad. Plus Harris can't play shooting guard. The nets future all depends on the bounce of a ball.

Sign Rudy Gay and build around him and Lopez. Lopez is still looking like Tim Duncan 2.0.