Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ***Official New Jersey Nets 2009-10 Season***

Gay is not an "elite player" Lopez "might" become one but that is a big if...this team has talent is not far off...the groundbreaking ceremony for the bk arena is thursday...

as a fan the last thing i want is to pay a max contract to a guy like gay who has never proven he can carry a team or be a franchise type player...i trust thorn (if he is still there hopefully) to make the right coaching and personnel decisions..

All Pro

Great day for the Nets! They finally broke ground today on what will be one of the great arena's in the NBA

We get the first pick, along with JZ getting Lebron over with us and our future looks awesome.

Brooklyn Nets! Thank you Bruce Ratner.

Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post

Great day for the Nets! They finally broke ground today on what will be one of the great arena's in the NBA

We get the first pick, along with JZ getting Lebron over with us and our future looks awesome.

As a NEW JERSEY Nets fan, I personally have been dreading this day for years.

While I agree that the team's future on the court looks bright, I'm not a big fan of this move.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by msujetfan 89 View Post
    I'm not a big fan of this move.
    I can see your point of view regarding this move for sure. The Nets had some great teams in the 90's with Jason Kidd. As a Net fan you really cant be happy with whats been going on at the IZOD Center the last couple of years. The good thing is that they'll be playing at the rock for the next 2 years which should really bring up their attendance, and hopefully will give the New Jersey net fans great options for season tickets in the new Brooklyn arena. They'll get way more press coverage being in Brooklyn, and from Newark an easy train ride to the new arena. I've been keeping the 10 game package the last 2 years in order to get great seats when they move to Brooklyn. I'll go to a half game season package once they're in Brooklyn with my great seats already in place.

Now is the time to get season tickets for the Nets. You'll be getting the best seats in the new arena if you do it now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post

Nets are about to become a marquis franchise. Hopefully both the Knicks and Nets can bring some superstar free agents to the NY area and resurrect the NBA in this part of the country.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Nets are about to become a marquis franchise.
    No question about it. I couldn't agree more.

Nets are about to become a marquis franchise. Hopefully both the Knicks and Nets can bring some superstar free agents to the NY area and resurrect the NBA in this part of the country.
    Yep.

The new owner, Prokhorov, is going to be a marquis owner too. That guy is going to be awesome for Nets and possibly NY/NJ sports.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6333015.shtml

Glad to see the Nets avoid making history tonight with their win over the Spurs.

Alright, question for you Nets fans.

Three Options.

1st pick in the draft

A) Draft John Wall, trade Devin Harris.
    B) Draft Demarcus Cousins to play next to Brook Lopez, keep Devin Harris.
    C) Trade a couple picks down, to a team in desperate need of a PG, Take Evan Turner and get another 1st.

I'd personally draft Cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post

Three Options.

1st pick in the draft

C) Trade a couple picks down, to a team in desperate need of a PG, Take Evan Turner and get another 1st.

Not a Nets fan as you know, but I personally would stay away from Cousins. I'd prefer Option A followed by Option C. Maybe even throw in an Option D being draft Wall and keep Harris and play him as the 2 guard.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Not a Nets fan as you know, but I personally would stay away from Cousins. I'd prefer Option A followed by Option C. Maybe even throw in an Option D being draft Wall and keep Harris and play him as the 2 guard.
    Yeah, there is a ton of options for them to do.
    It will probably become more clear after the lottery, where I could totally see them not getting #1. I'd be willing to bet the Jazz get the first pick.

Yeah, there is a ton of options for them to do.
    It will probably become more clear after the lottery, where I could totally see them not getting #1. I'd be willing to bet the Jazz get the first pick.
    Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Banned

Three Options.

1st pick in the draft

Not a Nets fan though after the Knicks they are my second favorite NBA team. Option A - draft John Wall. See if he can play in the same backcourt as Devin Harris or trade Harris and see you what you can get for him.

BTW, anyone hear about Van Gundy wanting the Nets job in the off-season? Guy is a good coach and I loved him as a Knicks fan but rumor has it he's not a popular with NBA players which could hurt their chances in free agency.

Not a Nets fan though after the Knicks they are my second favorite NBA team. Option A - draft John Wall. See if he can play in the same backcourt as Devin Harris or trade Harris and see you what you can get for him.

BTW, anyone hear about Van Gundy wanting the Nets job in the off-season? Guy is a good coach and I loved him as a Knicks fan but rumor has it he's not a popular with NBA players which could hurt their chances in free agency.
    Heard some mention of it on the radio today, but was on the phone and didn't catch the full story.

My friend just called me and offered me a ticket for tonight's game. Sitting almost courtside, I believe. Got to see the last ever game at the old Giants Stadium, now looking forward to being there for the last ever game at Brendan Byrne/Continental Airlines/Izod.

My friend just called me and offered me a ticket for tonight's game. Sitting almost courtside, I believe. Got to see the last ever game at the old Giants Stadium, now looking forward to being there for the last ever game at Brendan Byrne/Continental Airlines/Izod.
    I was at the game too. Another terrible loss, but was more disappointed with the fact that it didn't feel special.

After playing there for 30 years, you think they would've had a special ceremony at halftime, not musical chairs lol. They couldn't have gotten some former stars to tape a special message to fans, or did a countdown of best moments at arena.

Terrible end to a terrible season.

Now let's get a real coach, draft Wall, and sign LeBron.

I was at the game too. Another terrible loss, but was more disappointed with the fact that it didn't feel special.

After playing there for 30 years, you think they would've had a special ceremony at halftime, not musical chairs lol. They couldn't have gotten some former stars to tape a special message to fans, or did a countdown of best moments at arena.

Terrible end to a terrible season.

Now let's get a real coach, draft Wall, and sign LeBron.
    Not a Nets fan (Knicks fan), but I agree, pretty lame way to close out an arena. I expected a better night than that. Musical chairs at halftime LOL. The only commemorative thing I recall was the stupid 2 minute video they put on the jumbotron with all the NJSEA employees waving goodbye. Where were you sitting?

Not a Nets fan (Knicks fan), but I agree, pretty lame way to close out an arena. I expected a better night than that. Musical chairs at halftime LOL. The only commemorative thing I recall was the stupid 2 minute video they put on the jumbotron with all the NJSEA employees waving goodbye. Where were you sitting?
    I was behind the basket, sect. 101.

You were courtside?

I was behind the basket, sect. 101.

You were courtside?
    Nah, my friend was bull****ting LOL. Was in section 125, row 12. Still really nice seats, but not courtside.