Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NY post=classless

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

NY post=classless

I hate Victorino as much as the next person, in fact my desktop background is him getting beer poured on him at Wrigley, but c'mon this makes me embarassed to be a New Yorker.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not so much classless as it is just flat out pathetic journalism.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should we be surprised by anything the NY Post does?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm finding a lot of the stuff in the media in general has a particularly nasty, insulting tone towards Philly.

Its not like they are the Reigning World Champs or anything wait what

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I'm finding a lot of the stuff in the media in general has a particularly nasty, insulting tone towards Philly.

That's because most of the NY media people are Met fans.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Yeah, really. Just very annoying because Philadelphia obviously has a HUGE inferiority complex to New York and here is the Post making NY look petty. It's one thing how Yankee fans act at the stadium or such, but this paper represnts like it or not New York, and doesn't necessarily express every New Yorker's viewpoint(obviously). Cover comes with an article by the way.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/t...qsEKH10TfB3k6H

The better team will win the series, it has nothing to do with who took Amtrak and what city is better or what fans are better. The better team will win. The end.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    That's because most of the NY media people are Met fans.
    You know, SMC....I was going to say that the barbs had a "Met fan" like nastiness but I thought better of it. But I think you are right.

But then again, I see a lot of Met fans lining up behind the Phils just because the Yanks are the opponents which is craziness.

The Phils?

I never had any animosity towards the Mets and grew up following them too, (Bronx, Queens boy) but I cannot understand the venom that would drive you to support your hated division rival, and apparent..... Daddies, over your home town option.

I was the biggest Giant fan going during the Pats SB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah why do this to inflame the Phillies.They are the defending champs and one hell of a team,and have a lot of players that I enjoy to watch

I have nothing but respect for the Phillies,it's gonna take a hell of an effort for the Yanks to knock them off

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know, SMC....I was going to say that the barbs had a "Met fan" like nastiness but I thought better of it. But I think you are right.

But then again, I see a lot of Met fans lining up behind the Phils just because the Yanks are the opponents which is craziness.

The Phils?

I never had any animosity towards the Mets and grew up following them too, (Bronx, Queens boy) but I cannot understand the venom that would drive you to support your hated division rival, and apparent..... Daddies, over your home town option.

The media never has done anything like this when the Mets play the Phillies, nor anybody. In fact they take a more "don't screw up" kind of tone. I think they take the cockier approach with the Yankees because they aren't snakebit at all.

Met fans have the same attitude too for the most part, I will never be obnoxious or cocky about my team because well.. they're the Mets.... if they haven't screwed up they will. This article screams like it was written by a "New York fan"...a bandwagoner who will root for whichever New York team is better...not a Met fan.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny, but uncalled for.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The Phils?

That's what iv'e been saying.I don't get how Met fans are rooting for the Phils,their arch rival.
    I'm with you I have no problem with the Mets or the Giants.I don't consider them rivals

Here is my hatred list
    1.Red Sox
    2.Dolphins
    3.Patriots
    4.Florida Gators
    5.Notre Dame

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Post went out of it's way to put down Philly (both the team & the city) today.
    It was quite sophomoric.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    That's what iv'e been saying.I don't get how Met fans are rooting for the Phils,their arch rival.
    I'm with you I have no problem with the Mets or the Giants.I don't consider them rivals

Here is my hatred list
    1.Red Sox
    2.Dolphins
    3.Patriots
    4.Florida Gators
    5.Notre Dame
    Well I'll give you the other perspective... I am a proud New Yorker and I work in Manhattan. If the Yankees win.... it's going to be torture. The parade, the "Got Rings shirt"(never got that shirt by the way considering no fan actually has a ring), and the worst part... JOHN STERLING. The bandwagon fans make the good fans look bad, but the truth about New York is there are a handful of loyal Met and Yankee fans, and the rest root for whoever is better. That's where this article stems from I believe.

I respect the Yankees very much on the field (Rivera, Jeter, loved Tino), but all the other over the top crap makes it hard for one to root for them. If Philadelphia wins, I don't ever go to Philadelphia, I don't know any Phillie fans, and I know the Mets suck. It's nothing that will phase me.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    I think the motivation here was to inflame the opposition and sabatoge the Yankees

No-one will ever convince me otherwise, because no man is so dumb as to not know this will infuriate the opposition
    Didnt look at it this way, but you could be right.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105 View Post
    but all the other over the top crap makes it hard for one to root for them.

I'll grant you this...just one visit to Yankee stadium or a day spent watching YES proves that the whole Yankee Machine is over the top and almost oppressive in its approach.

The thought "enough already" occurs to many Yankee fans too.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No. For me, The Post's headline after the San Ysidro (CA) McDonald's massacre (1984) will never be topped. After 22 people were shot, and another 19 wounded, by a maniac in a McDonald's, The Post thought it wise to go with, BIG MAC ATTACK.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    They put a picture on the front page of the other teams player wearing a skirt , and the headline essentally calls them homos .. how could that NOT infuriate the Phillies?

IMO this is a diliberate attempt at sabatoge
    Lol....true. Btw, I just heard Rollins was quoted as saying Philiies in 5.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    No. For me, The Post's headline after the San Ysidro (CA) McDonald's massacre (1984) will never be topped. After 22 people were shot, and another 19 wounded, by a maniac in a McDonald's, The Post thought it wise to go with, BIG MAC ATTACK.

oh yeah. they wrote the book!

_

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

oh yeah. they wrote the book!

_
    No doubt. That one is brutal, too. In some way, you gotta give it to those guys. There is no one better at that stuff.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol....true. Btw, I just heard Rollins was quoted as saying Philiies in 5.

yeah someone posted it in another thread
    (here's the video: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/yankee...MH38sM3Rdriv6O )

at least both teams will have some bulletin board material
    Last edited by LI2OH; 10-27-2009 at 06:56 PM.