Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NY post=classless

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    No doubt. That one is brutal, too. In some way, you gotta give it to those guys. There is no one better at that stuff.
    I cant remember the exact one...but there was a fire and some very young children were killed and the headline said something about "toasted tots"...speechless.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    They put a picture on the front page of the other teams player wearing a skirt , and the headline essentially calls them homos .. how could that NOT infuriate the Phillies?
    It won't infuriate them unless they take it seriously...
    which I seriously doubt they do.

IMO this is a diliberate attempt at sabatoge
    Sabatoge ??

The New York Post management wants the Yankees to LOSE ??

The NY papers have had a heavy Yankee slant for years...the Mets barely even get noticed by these papers...but now apparently they have enough influence to make that a front page story? Please.

It was a typical obnoxious New Yorker trying to start some trash talk, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    The NY papers have had a heavy Yankee slant for years...the Mets barely even get noticed by these papers...but now apparently they have enough influence to make that a front page story? Please.

It was a typical obnoxious New Yorker trying to start some trash talk, that's all.
    I concur.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post

I always felt the Post was the right wing/Yankee rag and the Daily News was the left wing/Mets rag.

Hall Of Fame
    Best Post headline ever was when it turned out that some Gambino crime boss was outed as a homosexual. The headline was "THE FAIRY GODFATHER"

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I always felt the Post was the right wing/Yankee rag and the Daily News was the left wing/Mets rag.
    The Daily News still gives twice as much coverage/back pages to the Yankees then it does towards the Mets, even when things are going well with both teams. They just have Lupica who seems to enjoy pissing the Yankees fan off.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    No. For me, The Post's headline after the San Ysidro (CA) McDonald's massacre (1984) will never be topped. After 22 people were shot, and another 19 wounded, by a maniac in a McDonald's, The Post thought it wise to go with, BIG MAC ATTACK.

After Ray Croc died (the founder of McDonalds), the headline read "Ray Croc- McDead" Now that was funny

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I cant remember the exact one...but there was a fire and some very young children were killed and the headline said something about "toasted tots"...speechless.

no way in hell they ever had "toasted tots" on a headline if young kids were killed in a tragic fire..absolutely BS, never happened

The NY Post is a fine example of Australian journalism. Given that the ownership and editorial staff are Aussies calling it a a NY paper is only correct if you want to tell someone where it's published.

If Shane Victorino or any of the Phillies can be rattled by something that stupid then the Yankees would sweep them right out of the Series. A grass skirt and a coconut bra would have been more fitting though since Victorino is from Hawaii.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    The Post went out of it's way to put down Philly (both the team & the city) today.
    It was quite sophomoric.
    Murdoch doesn't have a paper in Philly. Fair game.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105 View Post

I hate Victorino as much as the next person, in fact my desktop background is him getting beer poured on him at Wrigley, but c'mon this makes me embarassed to be a New Yorker.
    I do agree that the Phillies are a bunch of girls.

Hall Of Fame

Well Hung... haha that's hilarious

New York Post is not a legitimate newspaper, once you get that out of the way you may enjoy some of those covers.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 10-27-2009 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    After Ray Croc died (the founder of McDonalds), the headline read "Ray Croc- McDead" Now that was funny
    HAHAHA.... That is pretty funny

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    Not so much classless as it is just flat out pathetic journalism.
    What do you expect? Rupert Murdoch owns that rag. Murdoch is to journalism what Al Davis is to football.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Well Hung... haha that's hilarious

New York Post is not a legitimate newspaper, once you get that out of the way you may enjoy some of those covers.
    It's a tabloid. It enjoys such a high circulation because it's cheap and it's designed to be easily read on a subway. Just like the Daily News.

That being said, they both have decent sports and local news coverage, with a sensationalist bent. Whatever. Is this cover with the Phillies guy wearing a skirt really all that insulting? The manufactured rage among some people is amazing.

All League
    You guys wonder why the NY Post does stuff like this, but look at you guys. You are all talking about it. People at the office today? They were talking about it. Everyone was talking about it. Everyone saw it. It's why they do it. Go pick up the New York Times if you want an actual newspaper.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by rep View Post
    You guys wonder why the NY Post does stuff like this, but look at you guys. You are all talking about it. People at the office today? They were talking about it. Everyone was talking about it. Everyone saw it. It's why they do it. Go pick up the New York Times if you want an actual newspaper.
    is that a serious comment?

Quote Originally Posted by rep View Post
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    is that a serious comment?
    lol