Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NY post=classless

Quote Originally Posted by rep View Post
    You guys wonder why the NY Post does stuff like this, but look at you guys. You are all talking about it. People at the office today? They were talking about it. Everyone was talking about it. Everyone saw it. It's why they do it. Go pick up the New York Times if you want an actual newspaper.
    Cue JI's right wingers...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Cue JI's right wingers...
    Well personally, I think the Times is garbage. I was just using that as an example. Whether I agree with the political agenda of the editors or not.... It's more of a "real newspaper" than something like the Post. Nothing wrong with the Post or Daily News, they just serve different purposes than the Times or equivalent.

But please lets not turn this into a political thread. All that ever happens is people start fighting and the thread gets moved to the dump. No need for that!!!

Well personally, I think the Times is garbage. I was just using that as an example. Whether I agree with the political agenda of the editors or not.... It's more of a "real newspaper" than something like the Post. Nothing wrong with the Post or Daily News, they just serve different purposes than the Times or equivalent.

But please lets not turn this into a political thread. All that ever happens is people start fighting and the thread gets moved to the dump. No need for that!!!
    New York Times is left leaning, as is the Washington Post. The Washington Times on the other hand is right leaning, but I would agree none of them are on the level when it comes to the New York Post, you are right.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 10-27-2009 at 11:51 PM.

LOL.. Here's a good one

All League
    If you think this is "uncalled" for or "classless" reach down and check for your manhood it feels like theres a bunch of girls in here, not just Victorino.

That is damn near one of the great things i've ever seen a major paper do. Props to the Post.

And if you need any ammo hating on the ****hole that is Philadelphia peep this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXDpftvyEqU

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    If you think this is "uncalled" for or "classless" reach down and check for your manhood it feels like theres a bunch of girls in here, not just Victorino.

That is damn near one of the great things i've ever seen a major paper do. Props to the Post.

Philly fans are a bunch of scumbags. I went to a wedding down there this weekend and some ******* showed up in a phillies jersey and a hat. I posted it in another thread. I was embarassed to be there and the people that allowed it were even worse.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    No. For me, The Post's headline after the San Ysidro (CA) McDonald's massacre (1984) will never be topped. After 22 people were shot, and another 19 wounded, by a maniac in a McDonald's, The Post thought it wise to go with, BIG MAC ATTACK.

Now that's funny!

Jets Insider VIP
    You guys wonder why the NY Post does stuff like this, but look at you guys. You are all talking about it. People at the office today? They were talking about it. Everyone was talking about it. Everyone saw it. It's why they do it. Go pick up the New York Times if you want an actual newspaper.
    I use the times to paper train my dog. That's it!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Best Post headline ever was when it turned out that some Gambino crime boss was outed as a homosexual. The headline was "THE FAIRY GODFATHER"
    My favorite was back during the whole Tanya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan thing when Harding's bodyguard gave her up. The Post ran a big headline "BODYGUARD FINGERS TANYA"

Jets Insider VIP

Politkz? I was just talking about the fact that there are no comics.

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post

Actually that's pretty funny. With that being said that town still sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Philly fans are a bunch of scumbags. I went to a wedding down there this weekend and some ******* showed up in a phillies jersey and a hat. I posted it in another thread. I was embarassed to be there and the people that allowed it were even worse.
    They really are a bunch hillbillies. It's astonishing how a major metropolitan area in the Northeast could have such a concentration of low-class, white-trash wastes.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    They really are a bunch hillbillies. It's astonishing how a major metropolitan area in the Northeast could have such a concentration of low-class, white-trash wastes.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

Touche.

But seriously, even the Philly accent is bizarre. It's like some kind of Kentucky hybrid with long o's thrown into words like "home" and "go".

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Touche.

But seriously, even the Philly accent is bizarre. It's like some kind of Kentucky hybrid with long o's thrown into words like "home" and "go".
    I havent been there since I was a kid, so I couldnt tell you.

I can tell you, I dont remember feeling this uncomfortable with the whole build up to the series though....I am really despising the media.... print, television and radio rants...I just cant bear to listen to it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Butwhat if the pooch gets liberal juice on his dog-feet?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I normally use the national review for that.