Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WORLD SERIES GAME 1 THREAD: YANKEES VS. PHILLIES @ YANKEE STADIUM

Hopefully CC has settled down. Lee looks nasty right now.

Melky got a nice jump on that ball

wow its so easy to hit a homerun in yankees stadium

CC does not have his best stuff... it is taking a lot to get these guys out

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

CC battling without his best stuff

that was looking obvious

that was CC best stuff so far 2nite against howard

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Damnit

damon breaks a bat or 2 every game its crazy

1 run may be enough with the way this guy is throwing. It looks like we have no shot vs. Lee.

Damn, I was hoping 2nd time through the lineup may be a little better. No such luck.

Matsui!! i have to think its hard for all hitters in this weather to pick the ball up.. come on cano

So glad Shapiro got a bunch of bums for Cliff Lee. Guy is lights out anymore

Jets Insider VIP
    This game is a lost cause. Lee is just dominant and the Yankee hitters don't even look interested. Matsui is becoming increasingly useless. On the rare occasion he singles, he makes a stupid baserunning mistake like that and wastes an entire inning. And Swisher needs to ride pine, I'm sorry but the guy doesn't even make solid contact anymore. Ever.

All League
    He missed badly there, that was a meatball.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    This game is a lost cause. Lee is just dominant and the Yankee hitters don't even look interested. Matsui is becoming increasingly useless. On the rare occasion he singles, he makes a stupid baserunning mistake like that and wastes an entire inning. And Swisher needs to ride pine, I'm sorry but the guy doesn't even make solid contact anymore. Ever.

we have to shake it up by taking swish out... i agree.. its still a 2 run game hopefully we can get a guy on a hit the big HR

I love Swisher, but you are correct. In his last at bat, if I remember correctly, he got a fastball right down the pipe and couldn't even get it out of the infield. Lee looks dominant, so I really don't like our chances right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I love Swisher, but you are correct. In his last at bat, if I remember correctly, he got a fastball right down the pipe and couldn't even get it out of the infield. Lee looks dominant, so I really don't like our chances right now.
    This one is over. I don't see a comeback in this one. Lee may go the distance. Better beat Pedro tomorrow night.

This one is over. I don't see a comeback in this one. Lee may go the distance. Better beat Pedro tomorrow night.
    this game is not over

That's our only hope. If we can get to that mediocre bullpen for an inning or two than we may have a shot.