Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buck/McCarver

Buck/McCarver

I can't stand these guys- how do you praise Lee for showboating on that popup?

Jets Insider VIP
    They're not even worth talking about.

Dump.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar View Post
    they are both je**ing off to a photo of the phillie fanatic..i cant stand either of them...they should suffer a mishap!

Yeah these guys are terrible..but then again FOX has some of the worst announcers in sports. Last year BCS championship game was beyond awful.

Jets Insider VIP
    Seriously. Dump.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar View Post
    How did he showboat? The popup was so poorly hit that Stephen Hawking with a glove in this teeth could have caught it without moving.

They basically were amused, as was I, by the total lack of effort involved.

Was he to grab his glove with his other hand, step off the mound unnecessarily and do a dramatic dive to the grass while yelling oh crap?

They are there to comment, though I hate BUck soooooo.

Sooooooooo.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    How did he showboat? The popup was so poorly hit that Stephen Hawking with a glove in this teeth could have caught it without moving.

Was he to grab his glove with his other hand, step off the mound unnecessarily and do a dramatic dive to the grass while yelling oh crap?

Sooooooooo.
    Buck talks entirely too much. I understand its his job but his mouth never stops. He talks about such insignificant things. The sound will be down tonight for game two.

All League
    I like Buck, Don't like Mcarver.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

Sooooooooo.
    I agree. I saw no showboating.

I dislike Buck. I hate McCarver. I mean, he is awful to listen to. I don't know how many di**s he sucked to get that job, but he is terrible.

All Pro
    I pretty much hate listening to all of these guys

makes me miss the Yes announcers

All League
    Buck hates New York sports teams. You can tell he almost gets all choked up when a NY sports team loses.

Anyone remember the 2006 playoffs at Shea when there was 50,000 people screaming "F**k Joe Buck!" and they had to turn off the sound of the crowd? That was great.

Banned
    I think Buck and McCarver are fine. Both are obviously not Yankee fans but I'd much rather listen to those two over Sterling and Waldman any day of the week.

And as for Lee showboating, c'mon we're Yankee fans who root for Joba "I Break out The Pom-Poms everytime I get a guy out" Chamberlain. Lee owned us and deserved to celebrate.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    Buck hates New York sports teams. You can tell he almost gets all choked up when a NY sports team loses.

Anyone remember the 2006 playoffs at Shea when there was 50,000 people screaming "F**k Joe Buck!" and they had to turn off the sound of the crowd? That was great.
    That may be true but Joe Buck did a great interview with Artie Lange.

Dislike Buck.

HATE McCarver.

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post

This is off topic, but I wanted to thank you for your sig gif. I have been eager to see a replay of that hit since the Miami game. What an awesome blast Leon lays on Crowder. I jumped up off my couch screaming when it happened.

Banned
    I've had enough of Yankee hater 1.0 and Yankee hater 1.1. Tried giving them a chance but please the blatant pom poms is ridiculous.

All Pro
    I actually like listening to them when the Yankees win or are winning because you can tell it's killing them

The funny thing about these 2 is everybody thinks they hate "their team". While you guys are complaining about them being "Anti Yankee", alot of people see them as "Pro Yankee" or "anti(enter home team here). I can't stand them, but they definitley do not have a vendetta against the Yanks. They praise Derek Jeter as much as I've heard any athlete get praised by a bunch of announcers. They are VERY pro Cardinals however (Buck is their hometown announcer). FOX needs some new announcers, but then again FOX couldn't even manage a wet dream.
    Last edited by NYjets105; 10-30-2009 at 09:25 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't even care about whatever bias they may have against the Yankees.

The pure facts, especialy with McCarver, are that he:
    - provides no real insight into the inner workings of a game
    - tries so desperately to come up with witty comments, only to have them come out sounding like nails on a chalkboard. Most are utter nonsense, and then he laughs at himself i.e. "Rollins started and stopped, but next time, I expect him to start and start"
    - Constantly wrong about pitches, game situations, even player names

Hands down the worst announcer ever. In any sport.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I don't even care about whatever bias they may have against the Yankees.

The pure facts, especialy with McCarver, are that he:
    - provides no real insight into the inner workings of a game
    - tries so desperately to come up with witty comments, only to have them come out sounding like nails on a chalkboard. Most are utter nonsense, and then he laughs at himself i.e. "Rollins started and stopped, but next time, I expect him to start and start"
    - Constantly wrong about pitches, game situations, even player names

Hands down the worst announcer ever. In any sport.
    Joe Morgan is pretty bad too. He just makes things up out of thin air. Things that can't be made up, like statistics. He'll say "this guy owns that guy, bats like .360 against him." Then a graphic comes up where the hitter is a career .215 vs. said pitcher. Terrible. It's just one example.

The networks should put both of these guys in a broadcast booth on a space shuttle and send them away for good.