Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: WORLD SERIES GAME 2 THREAD: YANKEES VS. PHILLIES @ YANKEE STADIUM

Jets Insider VIP
    SDJets, I don't understand your Gaudin hatred.

Gaudin has pitched well for the Yanks all season.

And, BTW, Pettite in his prime was awful on 3 days rest and he hasn't done that in a couple of years. He hasn't pitched on 3 days rest since he's been with the Yankees.

All Pro
    dumb ass Francesa has spent the last hour prasing pedro, b*tching that he was booed of the field (he actually thinks he should of been applauded for his performance..yeah he pitched well but it's f'in pedro martinez in Yankee Stadium) and he has spend maybe 4 mins about how good AJ was

what is this guy thinking?

edit: he must have heard me
    Last edited by LI2OH; 10-30-2009 at 02:09 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    SDJets, I don't understand your Gaudin hatred.

Gaudin has pitched well for the Yanks all season.

And, BTW, Pettite in his prime was awful on 3 days rest and he hasn't done that in a couple of years. He hasn't pitched on 3 days rest since he's been with the Yankees.
    Well, the first part is easy. Guadin is a terrible pitcher against lefties. And I mean terrible. Like, almost .200 OPS points worse. And the Phillies have really, really good LHB in a ballpark that really really rewards lefties. PLUS he's pitched two innings since, Sept 28th. Any way you slice it, he is set up to be crushed.

Pettitte is 3-1 with a 2.88 ERA in five postseason starts on short rest. Overall, he's gone:
    14 G, 4-6 record, 4.15 ERA, 86.2 IP, 86 H, 6 HR, 38 BB, 69 Ks, 1.43 WHIP.

That not that far off from his career, and even if you figure because he's older he might be a bit worse than that, its STILL likely to be better than what Guadin can give you.

Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    Well, the first part is easy. Guadin is a terrible pitcher against lefties. And I mean terrible. Like, almost .200 OPS points worse. And the Phillies have really, really good LHB in a ballpark that really really rewards lefties. PLUS he's pitched two innings since, Sept 28th. Any way you slice it, he is set up to be crushed.

Pettitte is 3-1 with a 2.88 ERA in five postseason starts on short rest. Overall, he's gone:
    14 G, 4-6 record, 4.15 ERA, 86.2 IP, 86 H, 6 HR, 38 BB, 69 K’s, 1.43 WHIP.

That not that far off from his career, and even if you figure because he's older he might be a bit worse than that, its STILL likely to be better than what Guadin can give you.
    Gaudin

against lefties in 2009 .296 avg
    against righties in 2009 .224 avg

but only 4 hrs to lefties and 10 to righties

Jets Insider VIP
    Blanton is pitching game 4. Cliff Lee game 5 on normal rest.

Blanton v. Gaudin seems to be the matchup.

All Pro
    I'm very happy to see that Blanton is pitching Game 4. I think we absolutely have to pitch CC on short rest in that game now -- no matter what happens in Game 3.

But if the Yanks figure out some way to win game 3... CC will smell blood like a shark in the water knowing he can give us the commanding 3-1 lead.

Game 5 should be Gaudin. He's matched up against Lee, who will be pitching for their season. I don't like to give a game away, but this is one -- since we're coming back home for game 6 and 7 -- that I wouldn't mind giving away since our pitching we'll have AJ, Andy, and maybe CC ready to close it out. Our chances of beating Lee at home aren't very good anyways... why use one of our better starters in a game that will likely wind up a loss.

They're all big games at this point, but a win tomorrow really puts the Yankees in the driver's seat because I feel very good about winning game 4 if CC starts.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I'm very happy to see that Blanton is pitching Game 4. I think we absolutely have to pitch CC on short rest in that game now -- no matter what happens in Game 3.

But if the Yanks figure out some way to win game 3... CC will smell blood like a shark in the water knowing he can give us the commanding 3-1 lead.

Game 5 should be Gaudin. He's matched up against Lee, who will be pitching for their season. I don't like to give a game away, but this is one -- since we're coming back home for game 6 and 7 -- that I wouldn't mind giving away since our pitching we'll have AJ, Andy, and maybe CC ready to close it out. Our chances of beating Lee at home aren't very good anyways... why use one of our better starters in a game that will likely wind up a loss.

They're all big games at this point, but a win tomorrow really puts the Yankees in the driver's seat because I feel very good about winning game 4 if CC starts.
    It's HUGE. It takes home field back and sets up our rotation. I can't wait for Sat night!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    Gaudin

against lefties in 2009 .296 avg
    against righties in 2009 .224 avg

but only 4 hrs to lefties and 10 to righties
    Yeah, exactly my point. And those HR totals will go up pitching to Utley, Howard, and Ibanez in Philly.

I really can't fathom why people want to just hand the Phillies a win.