Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: WORLD SERIES GAME 2 THREAD: YANKEES VS. PHILLIES @ YANKEE STADIUM

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctomjetsfan View Post
    I like Swisher but if anyone needs to sit a game to clear his head its him...

Go with Hairston in RF tonight...

Hairston hits Pedro and he can't possibly be any worse than Swisher is right now...
    +1

Swisher needs to be on the bench for at least 1 game.

Derek Jeter SS
    Johnny Damon LF
    Mark Teixeira 1B
    Alex Rodriguez 3B
    Hideki Matsui DH
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Jerry Hairston RF
    Melky Cabrera CF
    Jose Molina C

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    ATTENTION

Guys, here's how I'm working the game threads ....

I will leave the prior game thread open until the next game begins

Once the next game begins, I will lock the prior game thread

For example, when Game 2 starts tonite I will lock the Game 1 thread

Cool?

All Pro

Cool?

Jets Insider VIP
    Hairston has good numbers against Pedro.

EDIT: Duh, posted that before I saw Ham's post.
    Last edited by SMC; 10-29-2009 at 04:56 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ham, I agree with you to an extent, but Posada sucks big hairy moose balls in the postseason anyway (career .228 hitter, .208 in the Series), that it doesn't matter if it's Posada or Molina.

Posada's absence won't matter if Damon, Teixeira, ARod and Matsui hit like their 100s of millions of dollars combined in salary implies.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    PEDRO PEDRO PEDRO!!!!!!

good luck in the game tonight yankee fans

I have no confidence in A.J. Burnett. All this talk about Pedro and no is talking about gutless A.J. Burnett.

I think our chances to win this series are on the line tonight, you cant lose the first 2 games in your building and expect to have any chance.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I think our chances to win this series are on the line tonight, you cant lose the first 2 games in your building and expect to have any chance.
    it can be done but i agree. Youre asking the Phillies to drop 4 of 5 if you lose tonite. Probably not happening

BTW, if Hairston has a good nite tonite I want to see him back in the lineup (FOR DAMON) if we face Cliff Lee again, because Cliff Lee flatout owns Johnny Damon and it looks like JD doesn't even see Lee's pitches

Damon is just a terrible matchup and the numbers (as well as your eyes) bare that out, and this is the WS so its no time to worry about someones feelings, especially someone who might not even be here next year .. if we can bench Jorge Posada, Johnny Damon shouldn't be off limits either .. he CANNOT TOUCH LEE and he should sit that one out

I would rather use another RHH verses Lee if we see him again, be it Jerry Hairston or be it Eric Hinske

i agree

I would rather use another RHH verses Lee if we see him again, be it Jerry Hairston or be it Eric Hinske
    Hinske is a lefty, so I would want to see Hairston over him.

BTW, I want to see Hairston back in the lineup (FOR DAMON) if we face Cliff Lee again, because Cliff Lee flatout owns Johnny Damon and it looks like JD does not even see Lee's pitches

Damon is just a terrible matchup and the numbers (as well as your eyes) bare that out, and this is the WS so its no time to worry about someones feelings, especially someone who might not even be here next year .. if we can bench Jorge Posada, Johnny Damon shouldn't be off limits either .. he CANNOT TOUCH LEE and he should sit that one out

I would rather use another RHH verses Lee if we see him again
    yup i agree. damon looks lost against lee. i would say drop him in the order but that might be worse. who hits 2nd?

i really hope AJ brings his A game... the guy still has filthy stuff if he is on...

All League
    oh jee wizzzzz... all this money and we still cant win Last 8 years we have spent over a billion dollars more than the Pittsburgh Pirates! guess what, they dont have any rings either over that span but turn more of a profit....... And pedro is pitching tonight!..... HELP US!

All League
    NOT TONITE, BURGH

Any spam from you and its ADIOS AMIGO

Pete the mod warned you about this and you better take heed

Thanks
    what do you mean????

All League
    Don't play dumb

Pete warned you about this .. do it again and you won't be back till the WS is over

Case Closed
    PM me and tell me, cuz, I dont know who pete is and I dont know what Im doing wrong. Making the point about how high the payroll is and lack of championships.....Period! I am a Pirate fan and a Yankee fan..... Whats the difference between complaining about who the quaterback is and being angry about how the Yankees spend their money?

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    oh jee wizzzzz... all this money and we still cant win Last 8 years we have spent over a billion dollars more than the Pittsburgh Pirates! guess what, they dont have any rings either over that span but turn more of a profit....... And pedro is pitching tonight!..... HELP US!
    The actual Yankee fans here get worked up enough by the game. Don't come in here all night with this bull ****.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    +1

Swisher needs to be on the bench for at least 1 game.
    I'd rather see Swisher play and have Matsui sit for tonight. Granted neither has done anything offensively, but at least Swisher has some manner of speed on the bases seeing as his knees actually function.

All League
    No PM is necessary

You know what you're doing, Pete knows what you're doing, a number of posters in this forum knew what you were doing, and I know what you're doing .. and you were now asked by TWO MODS (first Pete, then me) to not do it again .. so if you don't know what you're doing, then best you do not post in the baseball forum at all, because you will cop a ban if you do it again, whether you know what it is or not

That's how we're rolling on this one, my main .. and the debate is now over because we are not hijacking this thread to debate this topic either, nor am I exchanging PM's when I want to enjoy the WS too .. so either you know what you're doing and you cut it out, or you do it again and its ADIOS .. either way its up to you

Thanks,
    Ham

WOW, more Juice for yankees on a Jets Forum!!!! I guess making a legit post means nothing even as a fan..... I will never criticize Tanny or the Jets front office for making moves ever again!!!!!!! might get booted