Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WORLD SERIES GAME 2 THREAD: YANKEES VS. PHILLIES @ YANKEE STADIUM

Exclamation WORLD SERIES GAME 2 THREAD: YANKEES VS. PHILLIES @ YANKEE STADIUM

NEW YORK YANKEES
    VS.
    PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

GAME 2

Thursday, Oct. 29, 7:57 p.m. @ Yankee Stadium

...............vs................

A.J. BURNETT.................................PEDRO MARTINEZ

Regular: (13-9, 4.04 ERA).................................Regular: (5-1, 3.63 ERA)

Post: (0-0, 4.42 ERA) .................................Post: (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

It really is true that a loss makes you feel worse than a win makes you feel good. I'm really confident that Pedro will get banged up tomorrow, but I'm depressed tonight and I'm sure tomorrow won't be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    It really is true that a loss makes you feel worse than a win makes you feel good. I'm really confident that Pedro will get banged up tomorrow, but I'm depressed tonight and I'm sure tomorrow won't be much better.
    yeah i am too, but i'm hoping AJ could bring his A game for once. we need to win this one

All League
    Can Hinske or Gardner get a start tonite? please?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Not when its the first to 4, unless of course it was for 4.....
    GO YANKEES.........

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    haha i don't know why i'm even laughing about this, its true. swisher has been dreadful. i don't know why they don't consider Hairston? i know he is the back up infielder, but he could just get moved to another position if an injury happens midgame and replaced with gardner

All Pro
    tomorrow we will all feel much better

Yankees will pull this one out

how much worse can anyone be than swisher?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Gholstons Revenge View Post
    how much worse can anyone be than swisher?
    he needs to sit for at least one game. I think Hinske should play tonight (over Gardner only b/c he has likely seen Pedro more)

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    How does Gardner not play tonight?

The more I really watch the Yankees, the more I do NOT like Girardi. He just seems like a poor manager with a great team.

"The best line that I ever heard from Joe was when we got beat by Atlanta pretty bad in the first game in [the] 1996 [World Series]," says former Yankees catcher Joe Girardi, retelling what has since become clubhouse lore. "George came in and, you know, was a little upset about it. And Joe actually told George, 'You know, we might lose again tomorrow too, but we're going to be okay. Don't worry.' And I just can't imagine what George's face was like when he told him that." As Torre suggested they might, the Yankees lost the next game, but won the next four straight to clinch the championship.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    How does Gardner not play tonight?

The more I really watch the Yankees, the more I do NOT like Girardi. He just seems like a poor manager with a great team.
    I'd go with Hinske. Gardner is likely going to be needed to come in a pinch run and manufacture one for us late. Hinske .267 with a homer vs. Pedro in 30 AB. Gardner has never faced him.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I'd go with Hinske. Gardner is likely going to be needed to come in a pinch run and manufacture one for us late. Hinske .267 with a homer vs. Pedro in 30 AB. Gardner has never faced him.
    yup hinske needs to play.

burnett better go 7 or 8 and have a good lead because the bullpen sucks

And Jesus H. Christ In A Sidecar, if they see Pedro throwing fastballs for strike one and strike two tonight, stop looking at those fxxxing pitches all night and then weakly wave at the out-of-the-strike-zone hook you know is coming. That message goes to Damon, Texiera, A-Rod, Matsui, Swisher (sit him please) and Cano.

Adjust for Chrissakes...that's what we did all year! Now we stop??

I know what was said about Torre's comments about the 1996 series and the whole coming back thing. All's I have to say is, if Philly goes up 2-0 tonight, the Yanks are not coming back to win this series.

GET IT TOGETHER AJ!!

All League
    Lee was so ridiculously good last night that there seemed to be only a handful of real 'hittable' pitches & Swish had at least 3 of them. He did NOTHING with them. 2 lame azz pop ups & I forgot what the 3rd one was but it was equally lame.
    I know, 'ride the horse that got you there.' Nope. Not tonight.
    Sit him. Let him clear his fog-filled noggin & then back out there for Game 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Woodall Rocks! View Post
    Lee was so ridiculously good last night that there seemed to be only a handful of real 'hittable' pitches & Swish had at least 3 of them. He did NOTHING with them. 2 lame azz pop ups & I forgot what the 3rd one was but it was equally lame.
    I know, 'ride the horse that got you there.' Nope. Not tonight.
    Sit him. Let him clear his fog-filled noggin & then back out there for Game 3.
    Lee was lights out, hats off to him, but challenged the middle of the line-up with 1st and 2nd strike fastballs all night. No one adjusted. They get behind 0-2 or 1-2, and buried themselves.

Sit Swisher, and get more aggressive at the plate. They cannot rely on the 8th or 9th inning comeback with this Philly team. Need to score runs early!

Rookie
    I agree Hinske has to play tonight.. I dont know why Swisher is starting every game.. He cannot hit the dam ball.. Let him have a night off..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by morite View Post
    Lee was lights out, hats off to him,
    he was so so good last night it is hard for me to get too mad or worried about last night

historic performance, whatever, tip your cap and win tonight!!

Cliff Lee had command of all his pitches, would throw anything at any time, and as such was completely unpredictable. All the Yankees would have accomplished by swinging early in the count is reduce Lee's pitch count to a level where he could start game 4. So in a way, their almost better off.

BTW -- how is it that Lee is off game 4 for throwing 122 but CC is on target for that game after throwing 113?

Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    Cliff Lee had command of all his pitches, would throw anything at any time, and as such was completely unpredictable. All the Yankees would have accomplished by swinging early in the count is reduce Lee's pitch count to a level where he could start game 4. So in a way, their almost better off.

BTW -- how is it that Lee is off game 4 for throwing 122 but CC is on target for that game after throwing 113?
    The difference is Lee has never pitched on 3 days rest...

CC has thrown 120 pitches before and pitched on 3 days rest...

Losing game one pretty much guarantees CC is pitching game 4 now...