Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow Pedro saying he was Sick

Wow Pedro saying he was Sick

pedro is saying he is not making any excuses but he was under the weather and not eating well the last few days.!!!!

what a bum

Jets Insider VIP
    He should have had a hot dog in the dougout like Sanchez.

The best pitcher of our generation. You would love him if he wore pinstripes. Stop hating. Pedro pitched pretty well for a washed up veteran

He can say whatever the hell he wants, the bottom line is the Yankees won tonight.

Who cares? Seems pretty irrelevant seeing how he pitched a good game. Burnett just pitched better. Pretty much the same story as last night's game.

my point is there is no reason to come out and say i was sick 2nite and than say im not making excuses.... that is a excuse

i hate pedro always have always will

Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105 View Post
    The best pitcher of our generation. You would love him if he wore pinstripes. Stop hating. Pedro pitched pretty well for a washed up veteran
    Nobody isn't recognizing how great he was. Personally, he's the greatest starting pitcher I've ever seen, I respect that. It's natural for Yankee fans to hate on him. He's a high profile player that has been known to open his mouth and has been in a few incidents involving the Yanks. That will draw this type of reaction from any fan base.

Honestly, if I'm a Phillies fan I'm disgusted by what I've heard from Pedro both before and after this game. It's about as clear as day that in Pedro's mind, this game was all about himself and nobody else. The guy couldn't care less about the Phillies organization, it's all about what's best for Pedro. Did you hear him say the word "we" in that entire PC? Did you hear him sound even the least bit broken up that the Phillies lost the game? I swear, listening to this guy and watching him walk off the field, you'd think the Phillies had won the game. The guy's just happy that he's back under the bright lights and all eyes are on him. The fact that it's in a Phillies uniform is incidental. Fantastic pitcher, the best of his generation as I've said many times before, but man what a self-centered dick.

Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51 View Post
    Honestly, if I'm a Phillies fan I'm disgusted by what I've heard from Pedro both before and after this game. It's about as clear as day that in Pedro's mind, this game was all about himself and nobody else. The guy couldn't care less about the Phillies organization, it's all about what's best for Pedro. Did you hear him say the word "we" in that entire PC? Did you hear him sound even the least bit broken up that the Phillies lost the game? I swear, listening to this guy and watching him walk off the field, you'd think the Phillies had won the game. The guy's just happy that he's back under the bright lights and all eyes are on him. The fact that it's in a Phillies uniform is incidental. Fantastic pitcher, the best of his generation as I've said many times before, but man what a self-centered dick.
    “But the fans, I enjoy that, because at the bottom, I know I played for the Mets. I know they really want to root for me. It’s just that I don’t play for the Yankees, that’s all. I’ve always been a good competitor, and they love that. They love the fact that I compete. I’m a New Yorker, as well. If I was on the Yankees, I’d probably be like a king over here." -Pedro Martinez himself

It's true. All fans are guilty of rooting for the laundry. Bottom line, if Pedro were a Yankee you guys would all love him. How do I know this? Hell you guys now "love" A-Rod. Met fans somewhat "embraced" Gary Sheffield. 2 known roid users and mercenaries. Pedro Martinez is just as self centered as any baseball player is, the difference is he never wore pinstripes.

All Pro
    I have great respect for him as a player but I could live without the excuses. I hate to hear that kinda stuff from a guy who just lost.

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    I have great respect for him as a player but I could live without the excuses. I hate to hear that kinda stuff from a guy who just lost.
    No doubt, it wasn't one of Pedro's best moments, but he still pitched a damn good game. This loss isn't on him, it's on the fact that the Phillies didn't hit. If he got blown out it would be a different story.

If he could have pitched like that in 2006 the Mets would have been in the world series.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    80 Year old man?

No problem, just grab him by the head and fling him (HARD) to the ground
    Ham, this assumes the 80 year old man is charging you.

Any advice if he is in a still position or running away?

"With all due respect, I think you're horrible at _____ "

Actually, you didn't show any respect, let alone "due" respect.

"I don't mean to be rude, but you look and smell like sh!t."

Actually, you were rude just now.

"I don't mean to make excuses, but I didn't feel quite right and haven't eaten for a while."

Congratulations! You just made two pathetic excuses even though you didn't mean to make them.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by gijet View Post
    pedro is saying he is not making any excuses but he was under the weather and not eating well the last few days.!!!!

what a bum
    Then eat a hot dog like Sanchez did....

But the fans, I enjoy that, because at the bottom, I know I played for the Mets. I know they really want to root for me. Its just that I dont play for the Yankees, thats all. Ive always been a good competitor, and they love that. They love the fact that I compete. Im a New Yorker, as well. If I was on the Yankees, Id probably be like a king over here." -Pedro Martinez himself

It's true. All fans are guilty of rooting for the laundry. Bottom line, if Pedro were a Yankee you guys would all love him. How do I know this? Hell you guys now "love" A-Rod. Met fans somewhat "embraced" Gary Sheffield. 2 known roid users and mercenaries. Pedro Martinez is just as self centered as any baseball player is, the difference is he never wore pinstripes.
    And if Tom Brady or Vince Wilfork was drafted by the Jets, or if Bill Bellichick never resigned and coached our team to 3 Super Bowl titles, we'd all love them too. Obviously him playing for the Red Sox, targeting Jeter many times, throwing Zimmer to the ground, etc is why we hate the guy. If I was a Cincinnati Reds fan, I'd think the guy was a moron, but I certainly wouldn't hate him with the veracity Yankee fans do. There's too much history there. What makes it all the better is that historically, we really are pretty much his daddy

All League
    the way he grabbed Zim and threw him to the ground (HARD)

I've been saying it for years. Pedro didn't grab him and "throw" him to the ground. Look at the video. He did nothing more than a bull fighter does. There is no way Pedro in the stance and leverage he had, "threw" Zimmer to the ground.

I'm just tired of people saying that when it isn't what actually happened. You're not the only one. How come no one gets on Zimmer for acting the way he did?

Stop copying what Pedro said and come up with your own thoughts.

I thought the sick thing was a lame thing for Pedro to say and I also thought it was somewhat laughable that Pedro made up a conversation that he had with a fan given that it's clear he didn't talk to anyone as he was smiling as he was going into his dugout.

I got attacked by an old man once

Really, I had a similar experience, some crazy old man just decided to bull rush me and I was like ...

But you know what I did?

I just side stepped him and said .. whoa, calm down, I don't want no trouble!

I didn't further incite him by calling him "pops" or "old man" or any other insulting name, nor did I touch a hair on his head even though he bull rushed me with bad intentions.

I just side stepped the old-timer and politely asked him to calm down, even pretending to be afraid so he could feel like he made his point and "won" so to speak, and I was prepared to side-step him again if that didn't work the first time, but thankfully "one rush" was all he had in him and he was spent

But seriously, I don't buy the idea that Pedro had to throw Zim to the ground the way he did just because the old man rushed him .. too me he's a punk for the way he grabbed Zim and threw him to the ground (HARD)

Wow. Thats unbelievable. You just now remembered a story where you were in the exact same situation you were chastising Pedro about. But because you are a super classy guy, you handled much better than him.

That's unbelievable.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by gijet View Post

what a bum
    baseball........ a sport I love not to watch