Thread: Manuel shows Andy no respect

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Manuel shows Andy no respect

I hope this is hanging in Pettitt'e's locker. Not that Andy needs any extra incentive....

Manuel shows Andy no respect

By MIKE PUMA

PHILADELPHIA — It’s a good thing Andy Pettitte owns the most postseason victories in major league history. Otherwise, Phillies manager Charlie Manuel probably wouldn’t even know Pettitte’s name.

Manuel certainly didn’t extend many accolades toward the left-hander yesterday when he was asked about the Phillies facing Pettitte tonight in Game 3 of the World Series.

“Andy Pettitte, he’s a lot like anybody else who ages — his stuff is kind of starting to dwindle down,” Manuel said.

“I’ve seen him pitch on TV a lot, and I’ve definitely seen him pitch against our Cleveland team,” the former Indians manager added. “We used to have some pretty good success against him, and I think we are ready for him.”

Ouch!

That doesn’t sound like the respect due for someone who won 14 games in the regular season and is 2-0 with a 2.37 ERA in three starts this postseason. That includes the gem Pettitte pitched on Sunday at the Stadium, when he allowed one run over 61/3 innings to help the Yankees clinch the pennant with a 5-2 victory over the Angels in Game 6 of the ALCS.

Manuel might want to consult his former Cleveland ace CC Sabathia before getting too confident about the Phillies’ chances against Pettitte.

I can only hope his team feels the same way. And who is Manuel to talk about anyody's aging pitchers, when he ran Pedro Martinez out there in Game 2 of the World Series?

lol this old pitcher pettitte just beat you in a huge game 3. hahahah

Manuel's a .....

Andy wasn't sharp, but when he got the lead he dominated. Manuel was proven wrong. Oh well.

While he's at discussing how old Andy is, he didn't only pitch a gem after the 2nd inning, but he tied the game up with a huge base hit. Eat that Manuel...