Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WORLD SERIES GAME 3 THREAD: YANKEES VS. PHILLIES @ CITIZENS BANK PARK

All League
    I dont like Andy on short rest. We have seen he is better with longer rest. Thats not a point that can be debated.

I think Girardi is going with CC for game 4, and then AJ only if they lose both prior games. I think you can take that to the bank. I dont think they want to pitch AJ in the NL park

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    I dont like Andy on short rest. We have seen he is better with longer rest. Thats not a point that can be debated.

I think Girardi is going with CC for game 4, and then AJ only if they lose both prior games. I think you can take that to the bank. I dont think they want to pitch AJ in the NL park
    Wait, what? The issue isn't if Andy is "better" with long rest, its what gives you the best chance to win the freaking world series. And AJ and Andy on short rest almost certainly gives you a better chance then pitching Gaudin and saving your best pitchers for a game that might not come. Besides, if Andy doesn't go on short rest, guess what, he's not pitching again because you better believe CC is pitching game 7.

Andy at 75% on short rest is almost certainly better than Gaudin at 100% on over a month's rest.

YANKEES

Derek Jeter SS
    Johnny Damon LF
    Mark Teixeira 1B
    Alex Rodriguez 3B
    Jorge Posada C
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Nick Swisher RF
    Melky Cabrera CF
    Andy Pettitte P

Pitching: LHP Andy Pettitte (2-0, 2.37 postseason ERA)

PHILLIES

Jimmy Rollins SS
    Shane Victorino CF
    Chase Utley 2B
    Ryan Howard 1B
    Jayson Werth RF
    Raul Ibanez LF
    Pedro Feliz 3B
    Carlos Ruiz C
    Cole Hamels P

Pitching: LHP Cole Hamels (1-1, 6.75 postseason ERA)

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/

***BREAKING NEWS***

UPDATE, 5:01 p.m.: Girardi just announced CC Sabathia will start Game 4. Burnett and Pettitte could go short as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    YANKEES

Derek Jeter SS
    Johnny Damon LF
    Mark Teixeira 1B
    Alex Rodriguez 3B
    Jorge Posada C
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Nick Swisher RF
    Melky Cabrera CF
    Andy Pettitte P

Pitching: LHP Andy Pettitte (2-0, 2.37 postseason ERA)

PHILLIES

Jimmy Rollins SS
    Shane Victorino CF
    Chase Utley 2B
    Ryan Howard 1B
    Jayson Werth RF
    Raul Ibanez LF
    Pedro Feliz 3B
    Carlos Ruiz C
    Cole Hamels P

Pitching: LHP Cole Hamels (1-1, 6.75 postseason ERA)
    ugh...Swisher in the lineup think at this point i'd rather see Hairston

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I think c.c is a great move for game 4.I think game 4 with c.c against Blanton is a must win

tonight's game is huge if we can get the w tonight we have a huge advantage in game 4 then if we go up 3 to 1 I say throw Gaudin against Lee take the pounding save a.j for game 6 then if it goes 7 we can piggy back c.c back of Andy to mo

Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    ugh...Swisher in the lineup think at this point i'd rather see Hairston
    I wouldn't. In fact I think Hairston would be my 4th choice out of the possible options. But fact is, Swisher is a very good offensive player and he had a very good season. He's in a slump but all that means is he's due.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    Wait, what? The issue isn't if Andy is "better" with long rest, its what gives you the best chance to win the freaking world series. And AJ and Andy on short rest almost certainly gives you a better chance then pitching Gaudin and saving your best pitchers for a game that might not come. Besides, if Andy doesn't go on short rest, guess what, he's not pitching again because you better believe CC is pitching game 7.

Andy at 75% on short rest is almost certainly better than Gaudin at 100% on over a month's rest.
    I love Andy, but i think he would get murdered on short rest. Doesnt matter what we think. I think Joe is not going with Andy on short rest

All League
    Swisher is a .240 hitter and thats all he will ever be. I said from day one, when he has to swing the bat , he will be exposed. In the playoffs you will see strikes and have to be able to handle the bat. without the walks as an option, Swisher becomes an ugly player if you take into account his defense. Tonite is his best chance to finally do something, hope he does . If he continues his brutal play he may be run out of town

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Swisher is a .240 hitter and thats all he will ever be. I said from day one, when he has to swing the bat , he will be exposed. In the playoffs you will see strikes and have to be able to handle the bat. without the walks as an option, Swisher becomes an ugly player if you take into account his defense. Tonite is his best chance to finally do something, hope he does . If he continues his brutal play he may be run out of town
    Dude, come on. Now you are really undermining yourself. Swisher is far more than a ".240 hitter." First of all, he's got a .371 obp and a .500 slugging. That doesn't just vanish in the postseason. He's having a bad postseason, its a small sample size. Swisher is also an above average defender according to all of the defensive stats, so there goes that argument.

I'm sure your one of the one's who was trying to run A-Rod out of town too based on him "Not being able to hit in the postseason" too, right?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    GO YANKEES.........

Jets Insider VIP
    Well, with Girardi announcing that CC is pitching game 4 and leaning toward AJ in game 5 the debate is pretty much over.

Game 5 will be interesting because the offense will be missing Matsui & Posada.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    Dude, come on. Now you are really undermining yourself. Swisher is far more than a ".240 hitter." First of all, he's got a .371 obp and a .500 slugging. That doesn't just vanish in the postseason. He's having a bad postseason, its a small sample size. Swisher is also an above average defender according to all of the defensive stats, so there goes that argument.

I'm sure your one of the one's who was trying to run A-Rod out of town too based on him "Not being able to hit in the postseason" too, right?
    the A rod comment is dumb and look up Swisher's career average if you'd like

Jayson Werth comin thru...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Well, with Girardi announcing that CC is pitching game 4 and leaning toward AJ in game 5 the debate is pretty much over.

Game 5 will be interesting because the offense will be missing Matsui & Posada.
    And now the debate is definetly over.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by hendu24 View Post
    Jayson Werth comin thru...
    thru pedro

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Jorge: 3-0 TAKE A PITCH!!!! Damn

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Jorge: 3-0 TAKE A PITCH!!!! Damn

WTF was he thinking??

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    WTF was he thinking??
    I would've liked to see him take one there, but that pitch was right down the middle. I don't have a problem with him trying to take it out of the yard.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Looks like Andy is settling down. Go Yanks.