Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WORLD SERIES GAME 3 THREAD: YANKEES VS. PHILLIES @ CITIZENS BANK PARK

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Swisher did not have such a "good" season. Certainly no more remarkable than his 2007 or 2006 years. Don't fall in love with the HR numbers, they won't love you back.

To # "4.", nobody is a Nady guy. The dude simply doesn't play. That being said, Nady healthy over a full season would at least as productive as 2009 Swisher.

I'm as happy as anyone for Swisher tonight. But don't use this opportunity to chest thump, bump someone's post, and boast about how you were right about Nick all along. Because when it comes to Swisher, nobody was right.
    Wow, you are so incorrect it's not even funny. Nick Swisher had a .371 OBP and a .498 SLG%. His OPS+ was 126.

Nick Swisher could have gone 0-7 tonight and I would have boasted about how right I was, because I have these little things called facts on my side.

If Nady was healthy over a full season he would have been benched for Swisher because he isn't in the same league as him. Honestly, like BronxJet or whatever his name is, you are embarrassing yourself because you are making it clear to everyone you either don't watch the Yankees until the playoffs or you don't understand offensive production in baseball.

Fact of the matter is I got back from the bar and saw Bronx's post and responded to it. Again, it had nothing to do with Swisher's night, although it did make it easier since I did (correctly) state that all that was going on with Swisher was a slump and all that means is he is due. Bronxy boy embarrassed himself with a Nady argument in the past, and decided to chest thump about it right now in the playoffs when Swisher was slumping, while hiding during the regular season. So to suggest I'm the one using an opportunity to "chest thump" is, in a word, laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Swisher hits a home run and his ABYSMAL postseason goes away? I stated last nite was his best chance to finally do something. Again, everybody knows Swisher can walk, especially against lesser pitching. My point is and was all along what does he do when the walk is not an option. If you notice he hasnt had that option in the playoffs. so now your left with his .240 average

Im not going to argue his horrible outfield play. I guess you missed the games in Boston this year where HS outfielders wouldve made the plays. And SWISHER SUPPORTERS from this very site have called him a bad outfielder. thats not me.

Oh and your argument comes across better when you avoid calling people names. just some advice
    1. Did I call you a name? I said you were embarrassing yourself, which is true.

2. What does Swisher do when the walk is not an option? He slugs .498. The walk has been an option in the postseason by the way, as has the opportunity to hit for power. The problem has been that Swisher has been both swinging at balls and has missed strikes. It's called a slump.

3. As for giving us Swisher's batting average as some sort of ridiculous way to prove a point, I'll quote Theo Epstein: "And yet if you simplify the game down to what somebody's batting average was, how many home runs they hit or how many RBIs they had, which is what we all grew up doing, but by today's standards is a pretty primitive way to look at the game."

Honestly, stop looking at someone's batting average to explain anything. All it will do is make you wrong.

4. Swisher has made a few bad plays in the OF, but overall he's been an above average RFer because he has good range.

All League
    And yet we dont see too many .240 hitters in theo's lineup, and those who did you can be sure will be gone soon.

And i predicted correctly this showing by swisher, so yes i have been embarrassed , and proven retarded Hey, I didnt bench him

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Swisher did not have such a "good" season. Certainly no more remarkable than his 2007 or 2006 years. Don't fall in love with the HR numbers, they won't love you back.

To # "4.", nobody is a Nady guy. The dude simply doesn't play. That being said, Nady healthy over a full season would at least as productive as 2009 Swisher.

I'm as happy as anyone for Swisher tonight. But don't use this opportunity to chest thump, bump someone's post, and boast about how you were right about Nick all along. Because when it comes to Swisher, nobody was right.
    The Swisher supporters have been saying this all season. It has nothing to do with tonight. I can see you're new here, so that's not a fair statement for you to make.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    And yet we dont see too many .240 hitters in theo's lineup, and those who did you can be sure will be gone soon.

And i predicted correctly this showing by swisher, so yes i have been embarrassed , and proven retarded Hey, I didnt bench him
    Do you really not understand that Theo could care less about batting average because it's a meaningless stat?