Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WORLD SERIES GAME 4 THREAD: YANKEES VS. PHILLIES @ CITIZENS BANK PARK

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TomsRiverJet View Post
    The Yankees don't have special teams do they? After this afternoon I need a nice pounding of the Phillies to take some of the stress away.

GO YANKS!
    The Yankees have their own version of special teams, it's called the bullpen, Rivera notwithstanding.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who's ready to see CC hit?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan44 View Post
    I respectfully disagree that this is a "must win." Winning game 3 gives the Yankees the luxury of being able to blow this game and still have a decent chance at worst of still winning the World Series. Even if the Yankees were to lose games 4 and 5 they'd still get to see Pedro again in game 6 at Yankee stadium and then have CC ready for a game 7. Now I certainly wouldn't want to see that scenario transpire but it's not like asking the Yankees to beat Pedro Martinez and then win a game with CC on the mound would be an extremely difficult task.
    TD explained himself, but I'd add: While this is not a "must win," this is a crucial game for the Yanks.

It's like breaking serve in Tennis. The Yanks just broke Phillie's serve and they need to hold serve in winning tonight because the Yanks have the obvious pitching advantage.

No matter how we spin it, the Phillies own the pitching advantage tomorrow between Lee-AJ. With CC up there, there won't be a bigger matchup disparity in the Yank's favor this whole series.

When you have your bona fide Ace vs. the 4th starter, you have to win.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    Who's ready to see CC hit?
    LMFAO! Haven't thought about that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    TD explained himself, but I'd add: While this is not a "must win," this is a crucial game for the Yanks.

It's like breaking serve in Tennis. The Yanks just broke Phillie's serve and they need to hold serve in winning tonight because the Yanks have the obvious pitching advantage.

No matter how we spin it, the Phillies own the pitching advantage tomorrow between Lee-AJ. With CC up there, there won't be a bigger matchup disparity in the Yank's favor this whole series.

every game is a must win in the world series

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post

I guess my view is that in any given World Series, ANY game is too easily slapped with the "huge" name tag. Given that the Yankees still have HF advantage, and that Lee isn't going to be available for a game 7 start barring at least 2 days of weather delays, the situation is not nearly as dire as people would make it out to be should the Yankees lose game 4.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gijet View Post
    every game is a must win in the world series
    I tend to agree with that, but certain games are more significant than others.

For instance, game 1 of this WS was not as crucial as game 2 for the Yanks. Being 0-2 and going to Philly would have been tough as hell. The best they could hope for was being down 2-3 going back to NY. Now, with a win in game 2 and game 3, the Yanks have the chance to be at worst up 3-2 going back home.

A loss tonight and the Yanks could be looking at going home down 2-3. A win with the obvious pitching advantage tonight puts the Yanks on the cusp of a championship.

Regardless...

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No matter what the venue i get chills everytime i hear the anthem....that Air Force chick did a pretty decent job too

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope the Yanks treat Blanton like the Jets Specials teams today

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate these scumbag phillies and their fans. How is this warning going to effect CCs game now? They did that on purpose.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    broskies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lesson learned!!!!!!!!!!!! I was banned for game 2 of the WS and if it wernt for HAM, I wouldnt be here... My posts were inappropriate and I appoligize. I know you all missed my infinate wisdom. Most of my post are a work of masterpiece, but sometimes sprinkled with dumbness..... to my fans, I appoligize........Go YANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So why are the Yankees getting warned again?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    broskies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lesson learned!!!!!!!!!!!! I was banned for game 2 of the WS and if it wernt for HAM, I wouldnt be here... My posts were inappropriate and I appoligize. I know you all missed my infinate wisdom. Most of my post are a work of masterpiece, but sometimes sprinkled with dumbness..... to my fans, I appoligize........Go YANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So it looks like next year will be a road trip - Jets at Pitt. You gonna meet up with the JI crew?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    So it looks like next year will be a road trip - Jets at Pitt. You gonna meet up with the JI crew?
    Oh hell yeah..... Ill set everything up if need be.................

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is ****ing bull**** that was obviously intentional, Arod was getting walked in that situation with first base open regardless. And now, because the umps are ****ing retarded we can't do anything about it. That's the third time Arod's been hit, I don't think we've hit any of their batters once. But somehow the Yankees bench gets warned

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan44 View Post
    So why are the Yankees getting warned again?
    Because the phlillies are getting desperate and they figure by hitting Arod and getting both teams warned they can take away CCs inside game.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Oh hell yeah..... Ill set everything up if need be.................
    Whats the famous sandwich place? Five Bros? or something like that?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet, the Philly fans start a "CC sucks" chant and he strikes out Howard on the next pitch.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Whats the famous sandwich place? Five Bros? or something like that?
    Primanti Brothers!!!!!!!!!!!!! sick sandwiches! ...coleslaw and fries!!!!!!!!!!!.. Few other places Id recomend as well.... one place started the rothlessberger sandwich, but they got some other killer sandwiches as well......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good job by CC getting out of that jam.... i really hope our bats put up another big night