Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: WORLD SERIES GAME 4 THREAD: YANKEES VS. PHILLIES @ CITIZENS BANK PARK

Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    one question, why didn't they open the stadium on Saturday?
    My guess is they would be worried about the drinking on a Saturday night. And it just seems they won't be doing this every game as they definitely do lose money on it. Plus I'm not sure it's so easy to set the thing up. I'd love them to open it up tonight though for the clincher, but I doubt it will happen.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Well said.

And that's what pissed me off even more about 2005-2008 and the Yankee playoff failure or missing the postseason. I felt they were squandering the best postseason weapon ever.

Girardi has been criticized with his bullpen moves, but I applaud his use of Mariano. Yes, some may say Mo is being overused, but when you have such a weapon you use it and Girardi is using it any chance he gets.
    In fact, Joe Girardi is using him a bit less than Torre did. I have been critical of Girardi's bullpen moves but not his use of Mariano.

one more win to go...."gutty gritty" at bat by damon in the 9th..down 1-2 he said he was sitting on a slider but lidge kept throwin fastballs that he kept fighting off..also said he wanted to steal early in the ab for tex b/c he didnt want tex to take a strike or two..AROD with a huge hit..its incredible how he is turned his postseason around full circle..for a guy who seemed to have such a fragile psyche...the first two games of 0 fors and 6 k's would of done him in...but now he knows every chance he has to get a big hit..he will...and mariano is just unbelievable...everyone in this thread has already touched on it...but i cringe to think about what it will be like without him..at almost 40 years of age to do what he does...not enough can be said...he is the greatest relief pitched of all time as well as the greatest yankee pitcher of all time..

ONE MORE TO GO!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Well said.

And that's what pissed me off even more about 2005-2008 and the Yankee playoff failure or missing the postseason. I felt they were squandering the best postseason weapon ever.

Girardi has been criticized with his bullpen moves, but I applaud his use of Mariano. Yes, some may say Mo is being overused, but when you have such a weapon you use it and Girardi is using it any chance he gets.
    I don't see how anybody can say he's being overused. This is the WS. No such thing as overuse. There's no tomorrow when you're playing baseball in November.

That said, he's thrown 13 pitches combined in his last two outings.

Also, what are you guys talking about Manuel being a d-bag? I saw part of the presser and I didn't notice anything overtly d-bagish. He essentially said his team will be playing to win Game 5. I have no problem with that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I don't see how anybody can say he's being overused. This is the WS. No such thing as overuse. There's no tomorrow when you're playing baseball in November.

That said, he's thrown 13 pitches combined in his last two outings.

Also, what are you guys talking about Manuel being a d-bag? I saw part of the presser and I didn't notice anything overtly d-bagish. He essentially said his team will be playing to win Game 5. I have no problem with that.
    I, personally, don't think Mo is being overused, but it has been said in the media. That's who I was referencing.

I think Girardi is doing a good job with Mo, as I mentioned.

Jets Insider VIP
    People get on Jimmy Rollins for his big mouth, but he was standup last night about the Damon Steel and everyone else was saying they didn't know whose responsibility it was to cover 3rd.

This is what Rollins said:

I take responsibility for it. I make sure the pitcher knows that on a steal, he has to cover third. At that time I didn't really mention anything to Brad, so when he made the pitch, in his mind it was just a regular steal. But with the way the defense is set up, it's my job he makes sure he knows to go to third. I'm the captain of the infield. That's my job.
    Link

Quote Originally Posted by msujetfan 89 View Post
    This was an amazing game.

I was guilty of this, but from now on no one can get on A-Rod EVER again.

The Damon steal just proves once again that the Yanks play smart baseball.

Despite the HR, the Joba we all know and love is back.

Jeter, Mo, and Jorge once again come through when it matters. Not much else you can say about these guys.

Tomorrow, I think we should pitch AJ, because as all Yankees fans know, you finish teams out when you get the chance. This was a deflating loss for Philly, and I would think just the psychological edge that AJ would bring could be enough to win this thing.

Go Yankees
    YES SIR! Agreed!