Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WORLD SERIES GAME 5 THREAD: YANKEES VS. PHILLIES @ CITIZENS BANK PARK

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation WORLD SERIES GAME 5 THREAD: YANKEES VS. PHILLIES @ CITIZENS BANK PARK

NEW YORK YANKEES
    VS.
    PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

GAME 5

Monday, Nov. 2, 7:57 p.m. @ Citizens Bank Park

...............vs................

A.J. BURNETT.................................CLIFF LEE

Regular: (13-9, 4.04 ERA).................................Regular: (14-13, 3.22 ERA)

Post: (1-0, 3.55 ERA) .................................Post: (3-0, 0.54 ERA)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's going to be tough with Lee on the mound, but close it out tomorrow!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where can I find Sterling's calls for the various big hits and what not throughout this series?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Where can I find Sterling's calls for the various big hits and what not throughout this series?
    try this...
    http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp

some of the bigger plays they seem to show the highlight with the tv and radio calls for both teams. if you can the related videos you can find stuff for game 4...its out of order

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So where are people watching this game out of curiosity?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    lets end this tonight. number 27 is coming

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tonights goingt to be tough with Burnett on 3 days rest. Also the bottom of the order with Gardner, Molina and Burnett.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Definately tough with Lee on the mound.

But if the Yanks can somehow score early and have the lead, I think that will deflate the whole Park and put pressure on the Philly lineup.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Avery View Post
    Tonights goingt to be tough with Burnett on 3 days rest. Also the bottom of the order with Gardner, Molina and Burnett.
    Burnett is 4-0 with a 2.33 ERA in four career starts on short rest

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    AJ, don't take your foot off their throats.

End this sh!t tonight. End it in front of their obnoxious, over-confident fans. End this on the Phillies turf, where they didn't think they could be beaten. End this against their Ace, the man who made you look silly in Game 1.

End this while they're still thinking about what could have been. End this now. Suck it Jimmy "we'll win in 5" Rollins.

The Phillies are not playing the Dodgers, not the Rockies, and most certainly not the Rays.

These are the New York Mother F##king Yankees.

As my good pal Ham would say...

THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Definately tough with Lee on the mound.

But if the Yanks can somehow score early and have the lead, I think that will deflate the whole Park and put pressure on the Philly lineup.
    Agreed,the key to this game is jumping on Lee early...

This is the first time all year i have felt confident about Burnett pitching...

He went to Girardi and asked for the ball tonight, he believes in himself and that gives me a reason to believe in him...

Go get em AJ and bring that championship back home where it belongs...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Burnett is 4-0 with a 2.33 ERA in four career starts on short rest
    Was unaware of that. Thats good news

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was for starting AJ tonight, but after listening to Mike Francessa today, I'm second guessing that. Some of the points he made:

First of all, our bottom 4 in our lineup doesn't put fear in anyone (Cano, Gardener, Molina, AJ).

Secondly, if Lee pitches the way he did on Wednesday, not even Cy Young could beat him.

Third, now you'll be pitching Andy on three days rest against a well rested Pedro.

Fourth, with Gaudin starting the Yanks will come into this game loose, not expecting to win, and just having fun.

Finally, AJ is a much better pitcher at home than on the road.

That said, I'm hoping for a Yankee win, and if we put a couple of runs early against Lee, we will win this game.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by msujetfan 89 View Post
    I was for starting AJ tonight, but after listening to Mike Francessa today, I'm second guessing that. Some of the points he made:

First of all, our bottom 4 in our lineup doesn't put fear in anyone (Cano, Gardener, Molina, AJ).

Secondly, if Lee pitches the way he did on Wednesday, not even Cy Young could beat him.

Third, now you'll be pitching Andy on three days rest against a well rested Pedro.

Fourth, with Gaudin starting the Yanks will come into this game loose, not expecting to win, and just having fun.

That said, I'm hoping for a Yankee win, and if we put a couple of runs early against Lee, we will win this game.

Those are great points. I don't understand why AJ is pitching tonight. Lee has been unhittable and now the rest of the starters we will need to use if we lose to Lee tonight will all be pitching on three days rest. I would have saved him until game 6.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by msujetfan 89 View Post

The one thing I'd disagree with is I don't like the idea of almost giving a game away in the WS. I think the point of the Yankees coming in loose if Gaudin is pitching over Burnett is absurd.

Saying that, I'd probably start Gaudin tonight so we can have Burnett and CC going in games 6 and 7 (if necesssary) with Andy in the pen for both of those games.

It's a tough call though and I don't think there's a definite wrong vs. right decision.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I somewhat agree with the starting Gaudin argument, especially with the weakened Yankee lineup now that Melky is probably lost for the series (my guess since it's a hammy & he plays CF).

But you know what? WTF are they paying Teixeira, ARod, Jeter & Damon for? This night is all on them offensively, expecially Teixeira who's been dreadful at the plate thus far in the Series.

Tex, ARod, Jeter & Damon can definately carry the load offensively. Everyone needs to do their part as well, such as Cano who has embarrassed himself thus far at the plate.

The Yanks have enough offense to win tonight if the hitters hit to their abilities.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chad Gaudin vs. the Phillies lineup is an automatic loss. Those left handed hitters will POUND HIM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    I somewhat agree with the starting Gaudin argument, especially with the weakened Yankee lineup now that Melky is probably lost for the series (my guess since it's a hammy & he plays CF).

But you know what? WTF are they paying Teixeira, ARod, Jeter & Damon for? This night is all on them offensively, expecially Teixeira who's been dreadful at the plate thus far in the Series.

Tex, ARod, Jeter & Damon can definately carry the load offensively. Everyone needs to do their part as well, such as Cano who has embarrassed himself thus far at the plate.

The Yanks have enough offense to win tonight if the hitters hit to their abilities.
    That's it in a nutshell. I don't buy this whole short rest thing anyway. The only guy who has done it so far is CC. Pettite and AJ were not over used in September and will be fine.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Yanks are up 3-1, but look at what this likely lineup has done thus far in the Series:

Jeter -- 7/17 .412
    Damon -- 5/17 .294
    Teixeira -- 1/14 .071
    ARod -- 2/14 .143

Swisher -- 2/9 .222
    Cano -- 2/15 .133

We applaud ARod for his homer off Hamels and last night's double, but those are his ONLY Series hits. Tex's only hit is the homer off Pedro.

Tex & ARod need to carry the load bigtime tonight.