Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WORLD SERIES GAME 5 THREAD: YANKEES VS. PHILLIES @ CITIZENS BANK PARK

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    That's it in a nutshell. I don't buy this whole short rest thing anyway. The only guy who has done it so far is CC. Pettite and AJ were not over used in September and will be fine.
    Yet Pettitte was still sidelined with shoulder fatigue in September...He has also never pitched well on 3 days rest and had to battle his way through 6 innings in game 3...Sabathia has also pitched 2 games this series and clearly wasn't sharp...

What Girardi is doing here by pitching Burnett tonight is the equivalent of throwing all his chips in the pile on a pair of pocket 3's...It's a dumb move imo, I don't like it at all but i hope and pray it works out...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctomjetsfan View Post
    Yet Pettitte was still sidelined with shoulder fatigue in September...He has also never pitched well on 3 days rest and had to battle his way through 6 innings in game 3...Sabathia has also pitched 2 games this series and clearly wasn't sharp...

What Girardi is doing here by pitching Burnett tonight is the equivalent of throwing all his chips in the pile on a pair of pocket 3's...It's a dumb move imo, I don't like it at all but i hope and pray it works out...
    Girardi is trying to end the series...

Finally, a move I agree with of his

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    The Yanks are up 3-1, but look at what this likely lineup has done thus far in the Series:

Jeter -- 7/17 .412
    Damon -- 5/17 .294
    Teixeira -- 1/14 .071
    ARod -- 2/14 .143

Swisher -- 2/9 .222
    Cano -- 2/15 .133

We applaud ARod for his homer off Hamels and last night's double, but those are his ONLY Series hits. Tex's only hit is the homer off Pedro.

Tex & ARod need to carry the load bigtime tonight.
    What do the OPS/RBIs look like? BA doesn't mean much.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cliff Lee has been absolutely dominant all post season.

3-0 (4 starts) with a 0.54 ERA. That is insane.

With that said, this guy is due for a dud. He's a great pitcher, but he's not this great.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    The Yanks are up 3-1, but look at what this likely lineup has done thus far in the Series:

Jeter -- 7/17 .412
    Damon -- 5/17 .294
    Teixeira -- 1/14 .071
    ARod -- 2/14 .143

Swisher -- 2/9 .222
    Cano -- 2/15 .133

We applaud ARod for his homer off Hamels and last night's double, but those are his ONLY Series hits. Tex's only hit is the homer off Pedro.

Tex & ARod need to carry the load bigtime tonight.
    These numbers don't surprise me. This team hasn't hit well or consistent all post season. It's shocking, with the way we have been hitting, that we are 1 win away from a World Series championship. It just goes to show you how good our pitching has been.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Girardi is trying to end the series...

Finally, a move I agree with of his
    I beg to differ, i see it as trying to lose the series but i am not going to spam this thread up with this discussion again...

I just hope it works out...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should I stay home or go to the bar tonight? I'm torn. I have a good thing going on watching at home, but if the Yankees do win, I want to celebrate! I was too young back in 2000, but I'm 22 now, what to do!?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Should I stay home or go to the bar tonight? I'm torn. I have a good thing going on watching at home, but if the Yankees do win, I want to celebrate! I was too young back in 2000, but I'm 22 now, what to do!?
    i hear ya tough call. i think you have to go out just in case they win. seems most likely they wont but you dont want to miss a celebration

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm having the same dilemma as you. I'm 22 also, and me and my buddies are thinking about watching the first 5-6 innings at my house, and if they have a lead or are within striking range we're going to a local sports bar to watch the last 3 innings and stay for the celebration.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going out to the bar tonight for the first time all post-season. I'll do the same for the rest of the games should the series continue.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound View Post
    What do the OPS/RBIs look like? BA doesn't mean much.
    BA in a short series does tell a lot when guys are batting under .200.

Teixeira -- .563 OPS (.948 RS OPS) 2 RBI
    ARod -- .762 OPS (.933 RS OPS) 3 RBI

These 2 need to carry the load this game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I beg to differ, i see it as trying to lose the series but i am not going to spam this thread up with this discussion again...

I just hope it works out...
    It's definately a risk, NYC, but I understand the thinking of wanting to Win 1 game with either AJ, Pettite, or CC pitching.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by msujetfan 89 View Post
    I'm having the same dilemma as you. I'm 22 also, and me and my buddies are thinking about watching the first 5-6 innings at my house, and if they have a lead or are within striking range we're going to a local sports bar to watch the last 3 innings and stay for the celebration.
    think thats what i am going to do

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would def go out tonight if I could....I want to win tonight, but I have a test tomorrow at 11 and would really like to celebrate when (if) we win it all.....We all always go out on Wednesdays too so I guess if we were to lose tonight, I won't be all that mad......plus I'd rather see us win it all at Yankee Stadium

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeter SS
    Damon LF
    Teixeira 1B
    Rodriguez 3B
    Swisher RF
    Cano 2B
    Gardner CF
    Molina C
    Burnett P

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tonights lineup per Girardi

Jeter SS
    Damon LF
    Teixeira 1B
    Rodriguez 3B
    Swisher RF
    Cano 2B
    Gardner CF
    Molina C
    Burnett P

Can someone please tell me wheres the advantage pitching Burnett with that lineup tonight? Burnett could possibly go 9 giving up just one run and lose this game tonight...That's how bad that lineup is...

I really REALLY hope Tex and Cano wake the **** up tonight because if they don't this is that automatic loss those of you feared from Gaudin...The difference is we won't have Burnett for game 6 though...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like I said, that lineup is good enough to win tonight if the hitters hit to their abilities.

Tex, ARod & Cano NEED to produce.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tonights lineup per Girardi

Jeter SS
    Damon LF
    Teixeira 1B
    Rodriguez 3B
    Swisher RF
    Cano 2B
    Gardner CF
    Molina C
    Burnett P

Can someone please tell me wheres the advantage pitching Burnett with that lineup tonight? Burnett could possibly go 9 giving up just one run and lose this game tonight...That's how bad that lineup is...

I really REALLY hope Tex and Cano wake the **** up tonight because if they don't this is that automatic loss those of you feared from Gaudin...The difference is we won't have Burnett for game 6 though...

I hate when they sit POSADA.... how peculiar can Burnette be?

POSADA is a STUD!

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    GO YANKEES...........

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Down 3-1 in the world series and these moronic fans are chanting Yankees suck. Unbelievable.