Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woody Demands Plush Suite for USS New York, the 9/11 Navy ship.

Woody Demands Plush Suite for USS New York, the 9/11 Navy ship.

I couldn't imagine this one in my wildest imagination. The article says Woody couldn't abide a bunk good enough for a U.S. Marine, he had to have an exec suite. So a naval officer- a guy who EARNED his position (not inherited it) and has served his country honorably- had to give up his bunk for Woody. Amazing.

On Sunday, the ship idled about 10 miles off the coast of Long Island, while the crew spent the day ferrying business executives, military officers and defense contractors on board by helicopter. The guests were given tours of the ship and will spend the night in cramped living spaces, sleeping in three-level bunks normally used by Marines (though several, including the Jets owner Woody Johnson and the former Navy secretary Gordon R. England, will receive the roomier accommodations used by senior officers).
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/02/ny...%20York&st=cse
    Last edited by regen; 11-02-2009 at 11:09 PM. Reason: whiners

All League
    I don't think the ship has a full compliment of Officers and crew just yet, and isn't carrying any Marines so I'm willing to bet there are a few unoccupied Officers Quarters available on a ship designed to carry 4,000 or so Crew and Troops...

That being said, it also never says Johnson Demanded a "suite", but that the Navy offered sleeping quarters in "Officer Country".

Good post, though.

Quote Originally Posted by regen View Post
    I couldn't imagine this one in my wildest imagination. The article says Woody couldn't abide a bunk good enough for a U.S. Marine, he had to have an exec suite. So a naval officer- a guy who EARNED his position (not inherited it) and has served his country honorably- had to give up his bunk for Woody. Amazing.

Wow.

That's not even close to what the article says.

How can you possibly expect anyone to take you seriously on anything related to Woody Johnson if you post something like that.

It says that Woody Johnson had a suite, as did a former Navy member.

Talk about reading what you want to read.

Banned
    Are you kidding me with this crap?

having slept at some time in both types of spaces, i can assure you that the officer's quarters aboard a navy combatant aren't exactly plush. the main difference is that you can't sit up in a three high.

not a big deal, imo.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I couldn't imagine this one in my wildest imagination.
    Apparently, you did.

_

All League

LEARN TO READ THE ARTICLE before ASSuming what you want and posting a complete fabrication. It is not written anywhere that he demanded a suite.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Wow.

How can you possibly expect anyone to take you seriously on anything related to Woody Johnson if you post something like that.

i think this thread is nestled between tongue and cheek...

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Apparently, you did.

_
    lol, got 'em

Dump this moronic idiocy.

All guests and dignitaries aboard Naval ships are given "spaces" in senior enlisted or officer sections. The reason why is that these spaces tend to be more limited in accommodations (1-4 racks or bunks) and in some cases even head (latrine) and sink facilities in these spaces.

I have been aboard several ships in the fleet in the course of my work and I have been given such spaces as a civilian and rank-equivalent basis. Higher ranking officers and equivalent civilian employees and dignitaries are given senior officer spaces which will tend to have private shower, sink and head facilities.

Regular enlisted spaces are large multi rack areas with small locker spaces for Sailors/ Marines. Privacy is limited and the associated facilities are also large communal spaces- quite a culture shock for civilians with no experience of life at sea.

Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    Thank you, the only man on the board who gets sarcasm. Still, Woody is a tool. After the PSL fiasco, why do all you suck-ups nestlle your tongue between Woody's cheeks? It's pathetic.

As was said of Bush. "He was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple."

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    lol, got 'em

Dump this moronic idiocy.
    coming from a member of the Limbaugh/Beck truth squad, I am complimented. You, sir, personify idiocy.

Wow.

Right, Woody didn't have to ask for it. As one of the biggest contributors to the Republican Party, he expected it. My bad.

I read the article and found nothing in it to justify the OP's point. I think the OP is just mad because Woody Johnson never responded to his letter about switching to all Asian cheerleaders.

Wow.

Your dog probably tore his ACL fending off your advances....and I don't mean Vick-style

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Boru View Post
    I read the article and found nothing in it to justify the OP's point. I think the OP is just mad because Woody Johnson never responded to his letter about switching to all Asian cheerleaders.
    Wow, what's your IQ? 85? Are you in sixth grade or is that when you dropped out. I hope your parent's basement is warm and cozy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    Thank you, the only man on the board who gets sarcasm. Still, Woody is a tool. After the PSL fiasco, why do all you suck-ups nestlle your tongue between Woody's cheeks? It's pathetic.

In my experience, "tongue in cheek" and "sarcasm" involve some sort of humor......

I'll wait while you explain how your bitterness is funny.

Somehow, I think I'll be here a while.

Your dog probably tore his ACL fending off your advances....and I don't mean Vick-style
    uhh...

Touche.

Banned

Sarcasm?

Nothing you've written is sarcastic... nor is it remotely funny.

Everything you've brought to this wretch of a thread has been boorishly snide and drenched with cliche political remarks.

Frankly, I don't care which "side" you are on politically. I think its small that you need to inundate us with as many regurgitated remarks as possible to make yourself feel better about perpetuating the ridiculous bi-partisan rah-rah bullcrap that paralyzes our society's ability to think rationally about government.

Save the politics, this is not the website for those types of pissing contests. If all you did was start this thread as a veiled attack on Woody's ties to either political party you should be banned for starting a political thread - and trolling, since its technically an anti-Jet thread as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
    Sarcasm?

Nothing you've written is sarcastic... nor is it remotely funny.

Everything you've brought to this wretch of a thread has been boorishly snide and drenched with cliche political remarks.

Frankly, I don't care which "side" you are on politically. I think its small that you need to inundate us with as many regurgitated remarks as possible to make yourself feel better about perpetuating the ridiculous bi-partisan rah-rah bullcrap that paralyzes our society's ability to think rationally about government.

Save the politics, this is not the website for those types of pissing contests. If all you did was start this thread as a veiled attack on Woody's ties to either political party you should be banned for starting a political thread - and trolling, since its technically an anti-Jet thread as well.
    Don't tell me what the board is for, oh yee of little knowledge. I was on this board FOUR yars before you Doc, and my anti-Woody sentiments are based on his unrelenting greed, how he used his Republican billionaire connections to get Bloomberg to back his taxpayers-pay-for-my-stadium scheme, and how he's putting it to loyal season tix holders (like me, what about you?) to pay for his PSL boondogle. My family got tix when the Jets were the Titans, so don't tell me I'm a troll. I can separate being for the Jets and being for Woody. Obviously our less evolved members can't see the difference.

Grow up you baby. Or should I say chimp? Oh, and technically you made a personal attack on me. I should call the mods, only I'm not a BABY- WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH?
    Last edited by regen; 11-02-2009 at 10:36 PM.