Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WORLD SERIES GAME 6 THREAD: YANKEES VS. PHILLIES @ YANKEE STADIUM

Exclamation WORLD SERIES GAME 6 THREAD: YANKEES VS. PHILLIES @ YANKEE STADIUM

NEW YORK YANKEES
    VS.
    PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

GAME 6

Wednesday, Nov. 4, 7:57 p.m. @ Yankee Stadium

...............vs................

ANDY PETTITTE.................................PEDRO MARTINEZ

Regular: (14-8, 4.16 ERA).................................Regular: (5-1, 3.63 ERA)

Post: (3-0, 3.24 ERA) .................................Post: (0-1, 2.08 ERA)

Let's do this!

Jets Insider VIP
    LETS GO YANKEES!!!!!!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    NEW YORK YANKEES
    VS.
    PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

GAME 6

Wednesday, Nov. 4, 7:57 p.m. @ Yankee Stadium

...............vs................

ANDY PETTITTE.................................PEDRO MARTINEZ

Regular: (14-8, 4.16 ERA).................................Regular: (5-1, 3.63 ERA)

Post: (3-0, 3.24 ERA) .................................Post: (0-1, 2.08 ERA)
    quick question, who chooses who does the thread for the game(s). Is it first come first serve or is it choosen??? Love to do one for a jets game.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    quick question, who chooses who does the thread for the game(s). Is it first come first serve or is it choosen??? Love to do one for a jets game.
    I think Tyler was the first and we just went with it. By all means start up a Jets game day thread.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    I think Tyler was the first and we just went with it. By all means start up a Jets game day thread.
    Awesome!, Thanks pete. go yanks!

Please Andy go at least 6 innings in this game and shut that fat tub of lard Fatcesa up...Tubby is so confident you can't do it but we know you can...Make him look like the moron we all know he is...

Let's Go Yankees !!!

Jets Insider VIP
    I am nervous, yet I am excited. This nervousness is a new experience for me with this team and I think it is residual byproduct of you-know-what year.

It's time. It's time to stomp on that memory and take this thing back. Grab this thing by the damn throat and squeeze it until it is blue and lifeless.

LET'S

GO

YANKEES!!!!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I am nervous, yet I am excited. This nervousness is a new experience for me with this team and I think it is residual byproduct of you-know-what year.

It's time. It's time to stomp on that memory and take this thing back. Grab this thing by the damn throat and squeeze it until it is blue and lifeless.

LET'S

GO

YANKEES!!!!
    Yeah your nervous...... But isnt that feeling awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Its a rush that you cant expain. These types of series are what make it memorable... If we swept them, it would be instant gratification.... but living on the edge makes me love october baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What can I say..... baseball in october and November is like a drug brother!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm ready for this game.
    Lets Clinch #27

Jets Insider VIP
    I wrote this elsewhere, but it fits here:

This 3 day rest talk, and the notion by the media that the Yanks are "in trouble" are making me sick now.

Holy Babe Ruth!!!

1. Pedro Martinez's last 2 playoff starts came on 15 and 12 days' rest. He's pitching on 5 day's rest now.

2. Pedro threw 107 pitches last game. His last 17 STARTS after throwing 100+ pitches, Pedro is 5-5 with a 5.55 ERA.

3. If there is a game 7, CC is pitching on 3 day's rest for the 2nd time in a row. The Phillies, however, HAVE NO GAME 7 STARTER! Seriously. Manuel hasn't named anyone and because of the Hamels' blowup, Manuel wants to avoid him.

Now, Manuel is talking about pitching Cliff Lee on 2 DAYS' REST!

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post

LET'S

GO

YANKEES!!!!
    Agree 100000%

I am nervous yet excited..this team has not lost two in a row all postseason but we all remember 04...let's get it done tonight!

All League
    Tonight for them is all about quality over quantity.

Pettitte has to give 5 or 6 real quality innings, make them work Andy and make it count. The bullpen has to pick him up for a couple, Marte and Joba possibly and finally Mo for 2.

In our at bats we have to work Pedro and not let him outsmart us. He clearly isn'y going to blow us away. Lay off low and slow, and POUND high and not so hard. Then get into that bullpen and wreak some havac!

GO YANKS!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    Tonight for them is all about quality over quantity.

Pettitte has to give 5 or 6 real quality innings, make them work Andy and make it count. The bullpen has to pick him up for a couple, Marte and Joba possibly and finally Mo for 2.

In our at bats we have to work Pedro and not let him outsmart us. He clearly isn'y going to blow us away. Lay off low and slow, and POUND high and not so hard. Then get into that bullpen and wreak some havac!

GO YANKS!
    Great point.

The Yankees need to ignore pitches at their knees. No pitcher on the Phillies staff, let alone Pedro, can throw that pitch for a strike on a remotely consistant basis.

Teixeira has been getting himself out on that pitch.

IT IT'S LOW, LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lets end it tonight. game 7 will give me a heart attack

the old guard gets it done. Andy pitches 7, Mo closes it out and Jeter and Posada have combined 4 rbis

Derek Jeter SS
    Johnny Damon LF
    Mark Teixeira 1B
    Alex Rodriguez 3B
    Hideki Matsui DH
    Jorge Posada C
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Nick Swisher RF
    Brett Gardner CF

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    lets end it tonight. game 7 will give me a heart attack

the old guard gets it done. Andy pitches 7, Mo closes it out and Jeter and Posada have combined 4 rbis
    I have to agree. A game 7 will cause me severe agita.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Derek Jeter SS
    Johnny Damon LF
    Mark Teixeira 1B
    Alex Rodriguez 3B
    Hideki Matsui DH
    Jorge Posada C
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Nick Swisher RF
    Brett Gardner CF
    Matsui having been rested has been a good thing. He hits Pedro well and will give ARod good protection.

That lineup is good for 6-7 runs by the 7th inning.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    I have to agree. A game 7 will cause me severe agita.
    what is agita?