Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone notice the Sanchez jersey in the Yankee clubhouse?

Anyone notice the Sanchez jersey in the Yankee clubhouse?

They were interviewing Jerry Manuel on how it felt to be a loser, and behind him in a glass case was an autographed Sanchez #6. Hopefully that is foreshadowing some championships of our own.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    They were interviewing Jerry Manuel on how it felt to be a loser, and behind him in a glass case was an autographed Sanchez #6. Hopefully that is foreshadowing some championships of our own.
    I didnt notice that it was signed in a glass case, but I did see the jersey hanging behind CHARLIE Manuel while he was talking about how it is to lose to the GREATEST TEAM IN SPORTS HISTORY!

But yeah hopefully that will bring some championship swagger to the Jets.. its been a long time needed.

It means the Jets are going to win the SB. Just not this year bc the guy behind the glass is a Rookie.

Practice Squad

Jets Insider VIP
    It was in the visitor's losing clubhouse!?!?!

If there's a Manningham jersey hanging in the Yankees clubhouse we've got a problem!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    It was in the visitor's losing clubhouse!?!?!

If there's a Manningham jersey hanging in the Yankees clubhouse we've got a problem!
    Yep, that Sanchez jersey was hanging up outside the Phillies locker room..I wouldn't take that as a good sign.I bet it was fatso Francesa who hung it there for all to see while the losing manager was being interviewed.

Veteran
    We're okay because it's a knockoff authentic - we are still safe

Jets Insider VIP
    CHARLIE Manuel

Schluberator & Gadfly
    WTF do Sanchez and the Jets have to do with Spankme Stadium anyway!?!?!

Jets Insider VIP
    I think it's fitting, actually that the billionaire Mayor who just purchased an election on Tuesday will be saluting the billionaire two time convicted felon and his spawn who just purchased a baseball title.

Talk to me about boreball when they have a salary cap that makes their scripted sport competitive

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I think it's fitting, actually that the billionaire Mayor who just purchased an election on Tuesday will be saluting the billionaire two time convicted felon and his spawn who just purchased a baseball title.

Talk to me about boreball when they have a salary cap that makes their scripted sport competitive
    Man! Talk about sour grapes!

CONGRATS YANKEE FANS!!!!!

My only question is, were you really, really surprised? With that all star lineup, I thought it was pretty much in the books once they made it to post season.

OK, I just want to chime in on this. I'm a Yankee fan and I think this argument others have about the Yanks buying titles is such a crock.
    First of, can you explain to me what happened the last 9 years. Did the Yanks not lead the league on payroll during that time.
    Secondly, it isn't as if other teams fans would not want the GM's of their teams to spend like drunken sailors as the Yankees do. The owners decided to pocket the money in some cases or just spent it elsewhere. I'm not saying the other teams have the resources the Yankees do, but they some times choose to go in other directions.
    Lastly, how is it we never hear about the other end of this argument. Baseball does not need a cap, more so it needs a minimum payroll. Look at the Marlins payroll or Tampa. IMO that is the real problem.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_G View Post
    OK, I just want to chime in on this. I'm a Yankee fan and I think this argument others have about the Yanks buying titles is such a crock.
    First of, can you explain to me what happened the last 9 years. Did the Yanks not lead the league on payroll during that time.
    Secondly, it isn't as if other teams fans would not want the GM's of their teams to spend like drunken sailors as the Yankees do. The owners decided to pocket the money in some cases or just spent it elsewhere. I'm not saying the other teams have the resources the Yankees do, but they some times choose to go in other directions.
    Lastly, how is it we never hear about the other end of this argument. Baseball does not need a cap, more so it needs a minimum payroll. Look at the Marlins payroll or Tampa. IMO that is the real problem.

Glenn, don't bother with the salary argument and "buying a championship".

The Mets, Red Sox, and Cubs are only a hair behind us in spending. Pot calling kettle black.

There is no cap in baseball. It is, in fact, criminally negligent to not reinvest the proper percentage of your net income on the team. Not the Yankees fault that they mint money due to their shrewd YES network and stadium deal. Not their fault that we love them so much and spend big bucks on them.

Mets fans shouting "you bought a championship!" are laughable. Instead, they should wonder why being a measly $50mm shy of the Yankees payroll couldn't even buy them a wildcard berth. Or a .500 record for that matter.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 11-05-2009 at 09:27 AM.

Charlie, Jerry... it's all the same. When you're the loser no one remembers your name.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_G View Post
    Sanchez is the Jets QB...there made this about football.
    But I don't think they need any kind of a cap - what they (MLB) needs is contraction....Sorry but the talent pool is waaaaay watered down. Makes for some crappy teams and crappy baseball.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Purchased? His chief competitor rubs elbows with Al Sharpton and Herbert Daughtry, two legendary race-baiters who in fact flanked him during his concession speech.

Perhaps the few remaining people with brains who still live in NYC actually voted.

Your condescension speaks volumes about you, btw.

Hope you get your self-esteem back one day.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

The Mets, Red Sox, and Cubs are only a hair behind us in spending. Pot calling kettle black.
    Yanks = 201M
    Sox = 121M

Thats a might big HAIR!

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

There is no cap in baseball. It is, in fact, criminally negligent to not reinvest the proper percentage of your net income on the team. Not the Yankees fault that they mint money due to their shrewd YES network and stadium deal. Not their fault that we love them so much and spend big bucks on them.

Mets fans shouting "you bought a championship!" are laughable. Instead, they should wonder why being a measly $50mm shy of the Yankees payroll couldn't even buy them a wildcard berth. Or a .500 record for that matter.

SAR I
    Enjoy the championship, but don't delude yourself that the Mets, Red Sox, and Cubs are just "a hair behind the Yankees in spending." $50 Million more in payroll, or $80 million in the case of the Red Sox, is not just a bit more.

The Yankees are in a tier of their own when it comes to spending in baseball. Kudos to ownership for their willingness to spend the money. Nothing worng with that. But don't act like other team are even close in spending. The difference between the payrolls of the Yankees and the Red Sox is roughly the same as the difference between the Red Sox and the Padres, who have the second lowest payroll.

$50 million or $80 million isn't just a hot dog and a beer, it's a couple all stars.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Yanks = 201M
    Sox = 121M

Thats a might big HAIR!
    You dont have to like it, but it is what it is. Knock yourself out catching up!!