Thread: Lebron to the Lakers?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Lebron to the Lakers?

5:28 PM, November 4, 2009 ι By POST STAFF REPORT

Michael Jordan biographer Sam Smith speculates that LeBron James will join Kobe Bryant and the Lakers when James becomes a free agent after this season.

Writing on bulls.com, Smith says, "Well, at least Iím fairly sure now where LeBron James is going to be playing next season. Los Angeles, most likely with the Lakers."

As for a possible landing with the Knicks or Brooklyn-bound Nets, Smith writes, "The general consensus seems to be ... the New York teams generally are a mess and would mean a step back in his competitive career."

Smith presents his case by saying that James' desire for a championship will allow him to be a secondary star behind Bryant until Bryant, now 31, becomes a little older and the roles will reverse.

"Kobe, working toward incredible immortality on the way to maybe 10 or 11 championships, backs off some to allow James to be the dominant figure when James is 27 or 28 and Bryant is looking at 35. Bryant could ease into a brilliant supporting role while the Lakers continue winning titles, and, in the end, like base hits, they count how many. Not how you got them.

"The big reason I believe this could occur and work is because James is an unusual superstar."

Smith does point out that the Cavaliers would have to engineer a sign-and-trade with the Lakers, instead of losing James to the Knicks or Heat for nothing.

Los Angeles has other advantages, according to Smith.

"James has often talked about expanding his empire, and lately has been involved with books and movies. So where else but in L.A. would you want to be to be involved in the entertainment industry?" he writes.

"Look, I believe James has no idea yet what he wants to do next summer. But I also believe the Lakersí scenario makes the most sense for him if he wants a chance to be considered among the greatest winners of all-time."

Smith is the author of "The Jordan Rules." The disclaimer on bulls.com reads, "All opinions expressed by Sam Smith are solely his own and do not reflect the opinions of the Chicago Bulls."
    http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/backpa...ou8RPul6mkWBXK

This would be insanity

Banned
    David Stern wants Lebron to go to Chicago or LA his two favorite teams.

I heard on sportstalk radio down here that there was on artice on espn about Lebron coming down to Miami to play with Wade?They said that the Heat could add close to max money for one free agent

Anyone else heard this?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    I heard on sportstalk radio down here that there was on artice on espn about Lebron coming down to Miami to play with Wade?They said that the Heat could add close to max money for one free agent

Anyone else heard this?
    I'd be shocked if that happened. If he leaves Cleveland it's to go to one of the big 3 markets (NY, Chicago, LA).

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    I'd be shocked if that happened. If he leaves Cleveland it's to go to one of the big 3 markets (NY, Chicago, LA).
    Yeah I tend to agree with you.Wade is in the rumor mill nonstop down here,some say it's a shoo in that he winds up with the Bulls,others say he is going to the Knicks,others say the Heat have to make a move to keep him happy,the name that keeps getting thrown around is Rudy Gay from Memphis.

I'm more of a casual nba fan now only watch a handful of playoff game.Question for you Vincenzo,how is Rudy Gay.Would that move the Heat to the top half of the East?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    Yeah I tend to agree with you.Wade is in the rumor mill nonstop down here,some say it's a shoo in that he winds up with the Bulls,others say he is going to the Knicks,others say the Heat have to make a move to keep him happy,the name that keeps getting thrown around is Rudy Gay from Memphis.

I'm more of a casual nba fan now only watch a handful of playoff game.Question for you Vincenzo,how is Rudy Gay.Would that move the Heat to the top half of the East?
    They're already in the top half in my opinion. Right now they're 5-1 and if they add Gay he's a good scorer and rebounder. I guess Beasley becomes a full-time power forward which he should be anyway.

Wade will be a Bull next year unfortunately. I hope he gets injured every season and averages 40 games a year.

Veteran
    I would love if he went to the Lakers!

David Stern, needs to have his head examined if he wants James in Chicago or LA. He has one of his biggest market teams sucking it up for years.

I know the league has done Ok with the Knicks being horrible, but He needs to get the Knicks back on the map.

With all the people saying James is going to Chicago, LA, Miami. These are the folks that do not want to see him end up in NY. I would not be surprised if James stays right there in Cleveland.

The league needs the Knicks to get their act together.

What better way to do it then put James in a NY uniform. Which will instantly put them back on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    David Stern wants Lebron to go to Chicago or LA his two favorite teams.

Veteran
    i dont want a steroid takin choke artist on la

lebrons a clown and overated just like his boyfriend jayz

Quote Originally Posted by kobe24jets View Post
    i dont want a steroid takin choke artist on la

lebrons a clown and overated just like his boyfriend jayz
    -realtalk-