Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Official "I'm a Met fan and not looking forward to 2010" Thread

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    .... based on what exactly? Your gut? Imagination?

All the reports suggest that they'll be fine for 2010.

Seems more like a fluke then anything else.

For his career, he's been roughly a league average pitcher.

He's frustrating, he's maddening, but there's no reason to think he won't at least be serviceable.

If we get another arm, Pelfrey doesn't NEED to be a #2.

F-Mart, Ike Davis, Jenrry Mejia, ect. There's plenty of prospects that could be more then serviceable. That's just not an accurate statement at all.

Really, you're gonna try and tell me that elbow problems dont worry you about Santana's future? That John Maine wont have another set back like he has for the last 2 years? That Reyes will bounce back fine from the worst hammy injury hes had knowing how long it took him to get over his first set of injuries?

How anyone can put any stock into what the Mets doctors say is baffling after the run these guys have had.

Perez is a headcase and has no command, terrible.

Fmart hasnt impressed anybody and if its true hes older than reported, thats a big problem because that means he wont improve much further.
    Last edited by Icer; 11-05-2009 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icer View Post
    Really, you're gonna try and tell me that elbow problems dont worry you about Santana's future? That John Maine wont have another set back like he has for the last 2 years? That Reyes will bounce back fine from the worst hammy injury hes had knowing how long it took him to get over his first set of injuries?

How anyone can put any stock into what the Mets doctors say is baffling after the run these guys have had.

Perez is a headcase and has no command, terrible.

Fmart hasnt impressed anybody and if its true hes older than reported, thats a big problem because that means he wont improve much further.
    Santana: It's his first injury of his career. I feel quite confident he will be every bit of the bull he has been the past.

Maine: I am worried about Maine. I feel he does have a tendency to get injured quite often. All that means is that the Mets need to shore up their rotation and create depth so they don't live and die by players like Maine.

Reyes: No worried about him either. I love this myth that has been created that Reyes is an extremely injury-prone. NEWSFLASH: Since the 2005 season, Reyes has played nearly every game! That's 4 and a half years. He'll bounce back and produce just like he had in the past.

Perez: It has been documented that Ollie was injured throughout the season and it wouldn't be going out on a limb to say that affected his play. in '07 and '08 he was between league average and very good. He can easily return to that.

Fernando: Not impressive? At 20 years old in AAA (the youngest player in the league), he put up an .877 OPS. He is very good. He'll only get better.
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 11-06-2009 at 02:00 AM.