Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rollins: Phills Are Still Better Team than the Yankees

Jets Insider VIP

Rollins: Phills Are Still Better Team than the Yankees

This deserved it's own thread. LOL.

The Yanks had 10 more wins than the Phillies, had a better pitching staff, and offensive production during the regular season, but are not as good as Philly.

LOL

Philadelphia's Jimmy Rollins: Phillies are still better than New York Yankees

BY Roger Rubin
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Thursday, November 5th 2009, 4:00 AM

Jimmy Rollins did a lot of talking before the World Series opened last week, predicting a Philadelphia triumph in five games, six at the most. Now that the Yankees have made him look ridiculous, about the only thing New Yorkers want to hear Rollins is how he'd like his crow served.

"Of course we're going to win," Rollins said on Oct. 27. "If we're nice, we'll let it go six. But I'm thinking five, close it out at home."

Philadelphia took him so seriously there was an ad over the weekend for Phillies World Series Champion T-shirts at Macy's in one of the city newspapers.

As for eating crow? "They were the better team this series," Rollins said Wednesday night. "Do I think we're the better team? I really do. They just executed. I think we weren't playing bad, but they were playing that much better. ... They got the hits, we didn't. It's that simple."

Rollins didn't back up his words, hitting just .217 in the Series, but he is hardly the only one responsible for Philadelphia's failure to repeat as champions. Ryan Howard had a two-run homer Wednesday night, but hit .174 for the series with a record 13 strikeouts. Shane Victorino hit .182 and scored only three runs.

Link

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

What a moron.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    They just executed. I think we weren't playing bad, but they were playing that much better. ... They got the hits, we didn't. It's that simple."
    They executed.

They played better.

They got the hits.

We're better.

Sounds like a certain Jet I know!

yeah, almost feel stupid now winning the World Series...

Now you can see why we dislike him

I think more than the teams who were playing, what made this series so hard for the Met fan, or the casual baseball fan is the fact each team has 2 of the biggest respective schmucks in baseball.

J-Rolls and A-Rod.

Just shut up Jimmy already. You're a mediocre player.

All Pro
    Hey Jimmy, Sir .200 -- Phils in 5, right?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105 View Post
    I think more than the teams who were playing, what made this series so hard for the Met fan, or the casual baseball fan is the fact each team has 2 of the biggest respective schmucks in baseball.

J-Rolls and A-Rod.

At least A-Rod seems to have cleaned up his act and toned it down off the field.

J-Rolls and A-Rod.

what do you want a-rod to do? you and tucker need to stop hating. he didn't say one dumb thing, or do one thing besides be CLUTCH. sucks you don't have either player, i know

Quote Originally Posted by Gholstons Revenge View Post
    what do you want a-rod to do? you and tucker need to stop hating. he didn't say one dumb thing, or do one thing besides be CLUTCH. sucks you don't have either player, i know
    Hating? I respect players like Jeter, Mo,Pettite and even Teixiera. You on the other hand, I believe called Dustin Pedroia a "pedophile". Why do you hate him? A-Rod, whether you like him or not will always be a CHEATER, a LIAR, and a man with low character. I feel the same way about players such as Manny when it comes to steroids. I see Ortiz in this light too. A-Rod just has the do*che personality to go along with it. Has nothing to do with him being a Yankee, and 100% with him being a dirtbag. Grow up.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Now you can see why we dislike him
    +1.

Exactly, what I thought.

Veteran
    Who cares? What do you expect him to say? Its what every player basically says: "they just played better than us in this series." Its what Rex says after pretty much every loss.

Let him say whatever he wants, they lost, he sucked, he can deal with it all winter

Hating? I respect players like Jeter, Mo,Pettite and even Teixiera. You on the other hand, I believe called Dustin Pedroia a "pedophile". Why do you hate him? A-Rod, whether you like him or not will always be a CHEATER, a LIAR, and a man with low character. I feel the same way about players such as Manny when it comes to steroids. I see Ortiz in this light too. A-Rod just has the do*che personality to go along with it. Has nothing to do with him being a Yankee, and 100% with him being a dirtbag. Grow up.
    Pedroia's brothers a pedophile, he got caught for it a few years ago. also Pedroia plays for the redsox, are rivals. i don't really dislike any Mets players besides Reyes, since he acts like a clown. he is always hurt, dancing in the dug out with a retarded smile on his face

Pedroia's brothers a pedophile, he got caught for it a few years ago. also Pedroia plays for the redsox, are rivals. i don't really dislike any Mets players besides Reyes, since he acts like a clown. he is always hurt, dancing in the dug out with a retarded smile on his face
    And A-Rod is a cheater, he in fact admitted it. So I guess you are a "hater" becauase you don't like Reyes. I congratulated your team on winning, I said I respect most of the players, what the hell is so wrong about disliking A-Rod?
    He is in fact one of the more hated players around the country, and I am entitled to my opinion. If you really think Dustin Pedroia is a pedophile, I guess you are entitled to yours too.

All League
    Just FYI, the way all the Yankee fans are laughing at Rollins big mouth is pretty much how the rest of the NFL looks at the Jets, and in particular Rex Ryan, Kerry Rhodes, and Bart Scott.

Don't run your yap till you've actually won something.

If you ARE going to run your yap, be sure to back it up.

If you run your yap and then don't back it up, at least be classy after you lose instead of crying and moaning about how the other team just "executed" or how "they didn't win the game, WE lost it", or the good 'ol "We outplayed them but lost" excuses. At least Rollins didn't call the "Matsui Offense" a gimmick...

I just think its funny how everyone is going to kill Rollins but our big mouth trash talkers are OK even though they just don't know WHEN TO SHUT UP.

And A-Rod is a cheater, he in fact admitted it. So I guess you are a "hater" becauase you don't like Reyes. I congratulated your team on winning, I said I respect most of the players, what the hell is so wrong about disliking A-Rod?
    He is in fact one of the more hated players around the country, and I am entitled to my opinion. If you really think Dustin Pedroia is a pedophile, I guess you are entitled to yours too.
    just letting all you Mets fans know... I ROOT FOR THE METS WHEN THE YANKEES AREN'T PLAYING THEM, I ALSO ROOT FOR THE GIANTS WHEN THE JETS AREN'T PLAYING THEM. and i think those are legitimate reasons for hating Reyes. and i would congratulate the Mets on winning too. I would be happy another NY team won a championship.

i saw pictures of Pedroia and his brother "experimenting" with each other in the daily news in 1989. ill have the link up in a few weeks or so

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

i saw pictures of Pedroia and his brother "experimenting" with each other in the daily news in 1989. ill have the link up in a few weeks or so

Dude...he was six years old in '89 so I cant possibly imagine what goddawful thing you plan to post.

Let it rest, love him or hate him, he's not guilty of anything his brother did.... its weak.

_

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Dude...he was six years old in '89 so I cant possibly imagine what goddawful thing you plan to post.

Let it rest, love him or hate him, he's not guilty of anything his brother did.... its weak.

_
    no it was a "WELL KNOWN FACT"!!! to make this easier, i will just post this article in Tuckers thread about Steinbrenner

One would of thought Rollins would be graceful in defeat when considering how the Yankees were nice enough to let it go 6...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    Just FYI, the way all the Yankee fans are laughing at Rollins big mouth is pretty much how the rest of the NFL looks at the Jets, and in particular Rex Ryan, Kerry Rhodes, and Bart Scott.

Don't run your yap till you've actually won something.

If you ARE going to run your yap, be sure to back it up.

If you run your yap and then don't back it up, at least be classy after you lose instead of crying and moaning about how the other team just "executed" or how "they didn't win the game, WE lost it", or the good 'ol "We outplayed them but lost" excuses. At least Rollins didn't call the "Matsui Offense" a gimmick...

I just think its funny how everyone is going to kill Rollins but our big mouth trash talkers are OK even though they just don't know WHEN TO SHUT UP.
    Is it really a proper analogy, though?

Did Rex & the others make any such comments before & after the Saints' game?

Did Rex say that the Jets would beat the Saints in a blowout (the equivelent of the Phillies beating the Yanks in 5)???

Did Rex say that the Jets were the better team after the Saints game???