• Bring back Johnny Damon

7 38.89%
  • Bring back Hideki Matsui

2 11.11%
  • Bring back both Damon and Matsui

4 22.22%
  • Let them both walk and see what we could sign for the money

5 27.78%

Thread: What do you do with Damon and Matsui?

What do you do with Damon and Matsui?

I figured a poll would be easy considering the focus seems to be here.

Though I wouldn't mind bringing both back, Johnny is still capable of being in LF. So I say Damon over Matsui.

Banned
    Correct Answer: Whoever takes a 1 year deal

Then go after Crawford or Mauer after next season.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Correct Answer: Whoever takes a 1 year deal

Then go after Crawford or Mauer after next season.
    Can't worry about 2011.... We still have a team now that can win in 2010. We gotta improve the team for this upcoming season.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    Bring back Matsui to DH on a one year deal at five or six million

Let Damon walk (Boros will be looking for more years and more money), and sign Bay or Holliday instead

Next year sign Jayson Werth to play ther other COF spot with Austin Jackson in CF
    Someone fell in love over this post season.

Werth is a nice player, but I really doubt the Phillies will let him hit free agency.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Can't worry about 2011.... We still have a team now that can win in 2010. We gotta improve the team for this upcoming season.
    Bay or Holliday would no doubt improve us in the short-term by giving us a very solid #5 bat and LF but in the long run we have a shot at possibly getting a beastly #2 hitter and defensive presence in Crawford or what may be the best hitting Catcher of all-time in Mauer.

Posada's defensive ability is decreasing with age he should at the very least be splitting time at Catcher next season with Cervelli which means he needs to be the DH a significant amount of the time or we lose his bat. Damon will probably resign for a 1 yr deal since he's getting old and most teams won't offer him a better deal like what happened with Abreu and the Angels last year.

Matsui is getting a ton of love and very deservedly so but the unfortunate thing is he can't play the outfield anymore. I'd love to have him back but that would mean either Posada doesn't play at all or we have a Piazza-esque lability at Catcher next season without Piazza's offensive output.
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 11-05-2009 at 09:38 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Hideki will be going, JD will stay...then again if you can get 1 replacement send em both.

After a little bit of thinking, I'd say offer them both a one-year deal and see who bites. If I had to choose one though, I'd choose Damon.