Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yanks '09- A heartwarming, cinderella story...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Hey Tuck, btw, here's another heartwarming moment for ya in case the epic procession down B'way wasnt enough;

The day after the Yanks clinched #27, my son and I went to his annual Little league dinner where a MLB player of some ilk, usually a Met or Yankee shows up. Not knowing who it was going to be this year, my son wears his World champs tee that we got at the stadium the night before.

I wish you could have seen the double take Daniel Murphy did when he saw, prolly for the first time, this magnificent piece of art before him.

"hey big guy....I....uh.....I really dont appreciate that shirt" says he

btw, he was a real class act, self deprecating and very good with all the kids, I cant imagine how annoying it must be to do these functions.
    No friggin' way?????
    That is 1000% classic, in-your face pownage!!!
    Kudos to your 12 yr old. When I read this to mine he let out a loud ' Yay-yuh!!!' He loved it!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Woodall Rocks! View Post
    No friggin' way?????
    That is 1000% classic, in-your face pownage!!!
    Kudos to your 12 yr old. When I read this to mine he let out a loud ' Yay-yuh!!!' He loved it!!
    It played out just that way, though, if the truth be known, if I had known, I wouldnt have let him wear the shirt in front of a Met literally hours after the WS ended and with the ink still wet on the shirt.

I dont bash the Mets in front of him, took him to Citi field a few times and told him how I was raised watching both teams...and after Murph turned out to be such a nice kid, I felt even worse!

Its only a cool story because you KNOW Murph had to repeat it to friends and family when he left there!

"can you believe that f****ng kid, and I signed a fricken ball for him" type of thing.

lolz

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Exactly.

The only reason the Yanks are hated is because they're successful. I'd rather be a hated success than a beloved failure.

Besides, the haters resent the fact that in every baseball city in America there is a large contingent of Yankee fans.

Why do you think the Yanks have the best road attendance in baseball? They bring out the local rival fans AND local Yankee fans.

We're everywhere.
    Yeah, it's called a bandwagon.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It played out just that way, though, if the truth be known, if I had known, I wouldnt have let him wear the shirt in front of a Met literally hours after the WS ended and with the ink still wet on the shirt.

I dont bash the Mets in front of him, took him to Citi field a few times and told him how I was raised watching both teams...and after Murph turned out to be such a nice kid, I felt even worse!

Its only a cool story because you KNOW Murph had to repeat it to friends and family when he left there!

"can you believe that f****ng kid, and I signed a fricken ball for him" type of thing.

lolz

Yeah I'm sure he went home and called his friends and family because some kid wore a WS shirt.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxDan View Post
    Yeah I'm sure he went home and called his friends and family because some kid wore a WS shirt.
    Perhaps I exaggerated for the sake of the poor little tale.

Perhaps.....you will forgive me.

Perhaps.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps I exaggerated for the sake of the poor little tale.

Perhaps.....you will forgive me.

Perhaps.

u definately exaggerated the story, son...while I appreciate the Norman Rockwell of you & yer son having a Field of Dreams moment, I guarantee you Daniel Murphy didnt think twice about the encounter...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly.

The only reason the Yanks are hated is because they're successful. I'd rather be a hated success than a beloved failure.

Besides, the haters resent the fact that in every baseball city in America there is a large contingent of Yankee fans.

Why do you think the Yanks have the best road attendance in baseball? They bring out the local rival fans AND local Yankee fans.

We're everywhere.
    You are a really dumb guy..I actually thought you could form a coherent thought from some of your past posts, but you just lost me for good- u sound like a friggin 12 yr old. Why dont you have a nice circle jerk with the rest of the Yankee sycophants on this site

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    glad you're having fun at the parades & such...just as long as u know it's a hoax

& dont bring up Jim Calhoun & the UCONN Huskies as underdogs...he's as shady as there is in college hoops when it comes to recruiting violations...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/co...houn_dogg.html
    LOL. A met fan complaining about payroll.
    I could understand if you are marlins fan or a pirates fan. Teams that can't compete economically to larger ball clubs. But you are a MET Fan. Mets payroll isn't exactly in the bottom, in fact is SECOND. SECOND.

So let me get this..... if the mets ever win, would you be *****!n that your win is a hoax because you outspend 28 or so teams? or is that legit because is YOUR TEAM? you are pathetic. thanks for the laugh
    Last edited by ArmyJets04; 11-08-2009 at 01:48 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am a Yankees fan that could have been obsessed with baseball but isn't because it is such a broken sport some of the reasons outlined in that rant. It's all true.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    I am a Yankees fan that could have been obsessed with baseball but isn't because it is such a broken sport some of the reasons outlined in that rant. It's all true.

Broken sport? Did you happen to see what the ratings were for this series? See, when the Yankees don't win or get into the WS, no one says anything. When the Yanks win, it's all about the money (with the anti Yankee fans)....if it were money alone, the Yanks would win every year. Believe me, MLB loves the Yanks in the WS...they are the biggest draw...bar none.

And I especially love Red Sux fans who of late think they invented the game with their two recent WS championships...do they realize that Yogi Berra has more rings than their entire organization...that is freaking hysterical to me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    agreed, i'm done for the year...I have a helluva lot more things to worry about..
    glad you're having fun at the parades & such...just as long as u know it's a hoax
    You are a really dumb guy. Why dont you have a nice circle jerk with the rest of the Yankee sycophants on this site
    So that whole "I'm done" thing...

Safe to say you are flexible on the specific time of departure ??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are a really dumb guy..
    This coming from the same moron who thought CC Sabathia having a bad ST start was a big deal? Embarrassing.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    This coming from the same moron who thought CC Sabathia having a bad ST start was a big deal? Embarrassing.
    LOL... I almost forgot about that -- "CC gets shelled... no mention?!?"

LOL. Schmuck.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    If Suck calls you dumb that probably means you actually have a genius level IQ.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are a really dumb guy..I actually thought you could form a coherent thought from some of your past posts, but you just lost me for good- u sound like a friggin 12 yr old. Why dont you have a nice circle jerk with the rest of the Yankee sycophants on this site
    LOL, Tucker.

Good try. I take your insults in stride considering the source.

Besides, you give me a heck of a choice:

a. Join the circle jerk with my fellow Yankee sycophants

or

b. Suck up to a jaded, bitter hypocrite who's the clown of the MLB forum.

Which one should I choose??????????

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, Tucker.

Good try. I take your insults in stride considering the source.

Besides, you give me a heck of a choice:

a. Join the circle jerk with my fellow Yankee sycophants

or

b. Suck up to a jaded, bitter hypocrite who's the clown of the MLB forum.

Which one should I choose??????????
    wow Tucker you really must be retarded if you just took the title "Clown of the MLB forum" from me

another poster reminded me of another one of your lack of baseball knowledge. CC sucks right? hahah you idiot hahahahhah

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...oll/index.html

So congratulations to the Yankee fans..you're all winners in life, i'm sure

The Yankees have a pat hand.

This is the way baseball is structured, and we have reached a point where people simply don't want to hear any griping about it. Don't like it? Don't watch. Some people have stopped watching, I suppose. But many of us keep on because we love baseball and there's enough randomness in the game itself and enough volatility in the playoffs to distract us from the lunacy of having the game so ridiculously tilted toward one team.

The trouble is that, inevitably, that one team will make good choices. They will put together a team of All-Stars. They will sign a dominant left-handed starter and a slugging switch-hitting Gold Glove first baseman and a right-handed starter who throws curveballs that bend like wiffle balls. That team will be a remarkable collection of stars, and they will play often beautiful baseball, and they will win more games than any other team during the season. That team will roll through the playoffs without facing an elimination game or anything resembling real drama -- though there will be constant efforts to make it SEEM like there's drama.

And then: That team that spent $50 million more than any other team, that team with three sure Hall of Famers and as many as four others, that team that bought Milwaukee's best pitcher and Anaheim's best hitter and Toronto's No. 2 starter and Boston's favorite Idiot and the most expensive player in the history of baseball and so on, that team will win the World Series, and spray champagne on each other, and they will tell you that they won because they came together as a group and kept pulling themselves off the ground and didn't listen to the doubters.

And then, if you are a not a Yankees fan, you will want to throw up. If you are not a Yankees fan, you are left hoping that next year the randomness of a short playoff series will get the Yankees and allow some other team to win so we can celebrate the hope of Opening Day. And that's baseball.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...#ixzz0W72DMZLx
    Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription
    DUDE GET OVER IT YOUR PROBABLY TO YOUNG TO REMEBER BUT IN THE 80's THEY WERE ALWAYS IN THE CELLAR DESPITE BUYING ALL THE HIGH PRICED FREE AGENTS. THEY ARE DOING NOTHING DIFFERENT THEN THEY DID ALL IN THE PAST. SO HOW CAN THEY ALWAYS BE IN LAST DURING THE 80's SPENDING THE MOST MONEY AND THEM BEING IN FIRST NOW SPENDING THE MOST MONEY.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...oll/index.html

So congratulations to the Yankee fans..you're all winners in life, i'm sure

The Yankees have a pat hand.

This is the way baseball is structured, and we have reached a point where people simply don't want to hear any griping about it. Don't like it? Don't watch. Some people have stopped watching, I suppose. But many of us keep on because we love baseball and there's enough randomness in the game itself and enough volatility in the playoffs to distract us from the lunacy of having the game so ridiculously tilted toward one team.

The trouble is that, inevitably, that one team will make good choices. They will put together a team of All-Stars. They will sign a dominant left-handed starter and a slugging switch-hitting Gold Glove first baseman and a right-handed starter who throws curveballs that bend like wiffle balls. That team will be a remarkable collection of stars, and they will play often beautiful baseball, and they will win more games than any other team during the season. That team will roll through the playoffs without facing an elimination game or anything resembling real drama -- though there will be constant efforts to make it SEEM like there's drama.

And then: That team that spent $50 million more than any other team, that team with three sure Hall of Famers and as many as four others, that team that bought Milwaukee's best pitcher and Anaheim's best hitter and Toronto's No. 2 starter and Boston's favorite Idiot and the most expensive player in the history of baseball and so on, that team will win the World Series, and spray champagne on each other, and they will tell you that they won because they came together as a group and kept pulling themselves off the ground and didn't listen to the doubters.

And then, if you are a not a Yankees fan, you will want to throw up. If you are not a Yankees fan, you are left hoping that next year the randomness of a short playoff series will get the Yankees and allow some other team to win so we can celebrate the hope of Opening Day. And that's baseball.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...#ixzz0W72DMZLx
    Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription
    WAAAA!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cinderella story? Gimme a break