Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Q for Yankee fans. Do any of you really like Sterling???

Waldman is horrendous and makes Sterlings's flaws become more amplified. If he had a better straightman that could lend some solid color and stability to the show, it would be a 1000 times more bearable.

Her cackling is as brutal as her physical appearance. Every time I hear her voice echoing from my car speakers she sounds like she's doing the broadcasts in her pajamas while downing highballs in the booth.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by morite View Post
    Waldman is horrendous and makes Sterlings's flaws become more amplified. If he had a better straightman that could lend some solid color and stability to the show, it would be a 1000 times more bearable.

Her cackling is as brutal as her physical appearance. Every time I hear her voice echoing from my car speakers she sounds like she's doing the broadcasts in her pajamas while downing highballs in the booth.
    aaaaaaaaaaaand....she is a Red Sox fan.

Bwottom of th Nointh

Sterling leaves a lot to be desired as a play-by-play guy. He makes countless mistakes throughout the broadcast that tend to be annoying. It also doesn't help that he's partnered with Waldman. A better partner would make his shortcomings less glaring.

That being said, I don't "hate" him like a lot of guys. He's definitely entertaining with his HR calls and I get a kick out of him from time to time. I also appreciate that he really loves the team and you can definitely tell when things are going either good or bad.

I got a kick out of this clip. Craig Carton making fun of Waldman back at the beginning of the season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4fYKRpCXSE

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    aaaaaaaaaaaand....she is a Red Sox fan.

Bwottom of th Nointh

And, in the understatement of the year, she is also a BLOHARD.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    I understand Sterling has history of the Yankees and everyone recognizes the "The yannkkkkeeeeesssss win" call but seriously can any of you listen to this guy without wanting to scream?

My Yankee fan friends all agree that they can't stand him but if that was the case how does this guy still have a job? It sure as hell can't be his clever wit with such lines as the milk man, the siahanara kid, a tex message, and my new personal favorite swisherlicious.

I just don't understand how the Yankees, the biggest franchise in the game, with the most history and the air of class would keep letting this guy ham up all the calls.

And No this isn't a "hate everything about the Yankees thread" as I actually like the tv presentation with Kay and Cone and the rest of the guys, its just that hearing replays of the calls I get shivers for how cheesy they sound and wonder why he can't just call a game without all the gimmicks.

So do any of you out there really enjoy him or do the Yanks just enjoy torturing everyone knowing they will listen if they have to?
    I don't hate him. But he isn't my favorite announcer, either. I do like the "Yankees WIN!" a lot. I don't like all the nicknames he has for homeruns. Its tiresome.

I do hate Waldman. She is, without question, the worst baseball announcer to ever sit in front of a mic. She's an embarrassment to the profession. She's an embarrassment to the greatest organization in sports. She has to go.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I do hate Waldman. She is, without question, the worst baseball announcer to ever sit in front of a mic. She's an embarrassment to the profession. She's an embarrassment to the greatest organization in sports. She has to go.
    TWo words; Golfballs through a hose.

No other explanation.

Yes, Love Sterling