Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Official ォ My Team is in the WC Playoff Round and I知 Sh*tting my Pants サ Thread

Hall Of Fame

The Official ォ My Team is in the WC Playoff Round and I知 Sh*tting my Pants サ Thread

Post your angst in here.

D-6 till kickoff against Ireland

The good news for us is our 1, 2 and 3 goalies had 12 goals scored against them this weekend....

C'mon Dirtstar, I know you're with me

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    It seems you have a lot competition from the hampurites for Dirtstar these days RD.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    It seems you have a lot competition from the hampurites for Dirtstar these days RD.
    This is different. Fantasy Football is for fun.

This ain't funny. This is REAL. We're on the same boat.

Veteran
    By my count, this is the third such "enticement". Like I said before, Dirtstar is "man candy".

Bon courage, Raoul.

Hall Of Fame
    Post your angst in here.

D-6 till kickoff against Ireland

The good news for us is our 1, 2 and 3 goalies had 12 goals scored against them this weekend....

yeah, we start our series vs. Ur-a-gay on saturday... NOT looking forward to it.

not only are they better, they're much tougher, so we're likely gonna get our asses kicked in ever sense of the word...

BUT, as the saying goes, "it ain't over 'til it's over." so yeah, Raoul, homosexual innuendo be damned, i'm with you all the way on this one...
    Last edited by Dirtstar; 11-09-2009 at 09:37 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    yeah, we start our series vs. Ur-a-gay on saturday... NOT looking forward to it.

not only are they better, they're much tougher, so we're likely gonna get our asses kicked in ever sense of the word...

BUT, as the saying goes, "it ain't over 'til it's over." so yeah, Raoul, homesexual innuendo be damned, i'm with you all the way on this one...
    2nd leg at home or away?

Hall Of Fame
    2nd leg at home or away?

2nd leg is away, of course

Hall Of Fame
    2nd leg is away, of course

Aye, stadium will be rockin, for sure.

Our second leg is at home. Though the Parisian crowd never rocks. If they do, it's LOOSELY.

Hall Of Fame
    I know there's a Greek fan in here somewhere. RussianGreen needs to get his azz in here too.

Hall Of Fame

Hall Of Fame
    lmao...

here on the Costa Rican front, we have our players talking about playing with "balls" and saying that the talent difference between us and Uruguay doesn't matter, that whoever plays with the most "pride and balls" will win the series.

that's an unfortunate position, given that Uruguay is traditionally one of the toughest, proudest, and ballsiest teams in international soccer. Costa Rica, on the other hand, is a frequent winner of "Fair Play" awards.

Hall Of Fame
    Raoul -- bonne chance, mon frere.

VIVE LA FRANCE!!

Practice Squad
    A 1-0 home defeat to France. It's gonna be hard to bounce back from that.

Hall Of Fame
    Raoul -- bonne chance, mon frere.

VIVE LA FRANCE!!

Gracias amigo!

I saw you guys lost at home 1-0. How did you guys play?

Anything can happen dude.

Quote Originally Posted by dublinjetsfan View Post
    A 1-0 home defeat to France. It's gonna be hard to bounce back from that.

Overall pretty boring game. If it weren't my team, I would have switched the channel. Even though we scored a lucky goal, I don't feel it was highway robbery. We played pretty solid. You guys had a chance to tie it up near the end on Abidal's screw up.

Hat goes off to the crowd. Only in Ireland will the crowd encourage their team after losing 1-0 at home. They were screaming "Ireland! Ireland!" after the final whistle. Very cool.

Anywhoo, it ain't over by any means. If we play the same way wednesday I'm pretty confident. But like our Jets, we can crap the bed still.

Hall Of Fame
    Gracias amigo!

I saw you guys lost at home 1-0. How did you guys play?

Anything can happen dude.
    we lost, but to be honest with you, i'm very happy with the way we played. Ur-a-gay brought their usual game: tough, hard-hitting, physical D -- and we didn't shrink. we went blow-for-blow with them and controlled the flow of the game, even had more clear chances to score.

Ur-a-gay didn't really do much, but then again, they didn't have to. they took advantage of a defensive miscue halfway through the first period, and then fell back and played defense the rest of the way. Forlan managed a couple of dangerous plays in the 2nd half, but his shots were way off. CR kept the pressure throughout most of the game, but we just couldn't break their D, they're really good back there and make very few mistakes.

obviously, closing the series at the Centenario is gonna be a *****, but the good thing now is that we have literally nothing to lose. for Costa Rica, 0-0 is exactly the same as losing 10-0, so our guys won't have any pressure. it will take a borderline miracle to pull off the win in Ur-a-gay, but it should've never come to this in the first place. we should've been qualified a long time ago, but we choked.

Veteran
    we lost, but to be honest with you, i'm very happy with the way we played. Ur-a-gay brought their usual game: tough, hard-hitting, physical D -- and we didn't shrink. we went blow-for-blow with them and controlled the flow of the game, even had more clear chances to score.

Ur-a-gay didn't really do much, but then again, they didn't have to. they took advantage of a defensive miscue halfway through the first period, and then fell back and played defense the rest of the way. Forlan managed a couple of dangerous plays in the 2nd half, but his shots were way off. CR kept the pressure throughout most of the game, but we just couldn't break their D, they're really good back there and make very few mistakes.

obviously, closing the series at the Centenario is gonna be a *****, but the good thing now is that we have literally nothing to lose. for Costa Rica, 0-0 is exactly the same as losing 10-0, so our guys won't have any pressure. it will take a borderline miracle to pull off the win in Ur-a-gay, but it should've never come to this in the first place. we should've been qualified a long time ago, but we choked.

Lugano the goal scorer is a sewerbird BTW.

What'll take to put a bounty on his knees for the return leg?

That reminds me I hope it's Buddy Ryan coaching the berteam USA lead by Urlacher at the World Cup.

Hall Of Fame
    Lugano the goal scorer is a sewerbird BTW.

What'll take to put a bounty on his knees for the return leg?

That reminds me I hope it's Buddy Ryan coaching the berteam USA lead by Urlacher at the World Cup.
    ugh. i HATE Lugano. he had his way with the ref the other night, got every call his way and even a non-call for a penalty kick on a ball the bounced off the hands of TWO Ur-a-gay defenders.

i don't know about the bounty, our two enforcers are out for the return game (injury, red card).

maybe there's time to get Vernon Gholston a CR passport???

Hall Of Fame
    Dirstar - See you in South Africa.

All League
    Good luck tonight/today/whenever fellas. Have to admit I would like to see the Irish in South Africa however.