Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Official ォ My Team is in the WC Playoff Round and I知 Sh*tting my Pants サ Thread

All Pro
    Wow, the Algerians are really taking time wasting to another level here

All Pro
    French make it on a blatant hand ball... !!!

Waterboy
    Henry and Anelka = CHEATING FROG C***S

THAT IS ALL

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    French make it on a blatant hand ball... !!!

Totally shameful. Irish deserved at least to get to a shootout.

To be fair, anyone who's played the game knows in Henry's shoes you'd do the same. It happens. Ref didn't see it, and the Irish get screwed. This is on the Fifa and Uefa who have no balls in instoring video replays.

I was in bar packed, and noone was cheering at the end of the game.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post

To be fair, anyone who's played the game knows in Henry's shoes you'd do the same. It happens. Ref didn't see it, and the Irish get screwed. This is on the Fifa and Uefa who have no balls in instoring video replays.

Henry probably should have gotten a yellow, it wasn't an accident, he actually stopped the ball on purpose with his hand. Man, that's a big black eye for FIFA.

Especially since they changed the rules for how they were picking the contests to begin with.

Ireland certainly had their chances, but wow.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Henry probably should have gotten a yellow, it wasn't an accident, he actually stopped the ball on purpose with his hand. Man, that's a big black eye for FIFA.

Especially since they changed the rules for how they were picking the contests to begin with.

Ireland certainly had their chances, but wow.
    How many teams have to get buttf*cked before FIFA instore video replay??

Sports like rugby or American Football, which are slightly more complicated have it. WHy not soccer??

I'm glad we're going to the WC, but right now, it has a sour taste.

Hall Of Fame

the dream is over. 1-1 in the Centenario is a fantastic result for CR or any other CONCACAF team, but at the end of the day, Ur-a-gay is going to South Africa and we're headed home.

what really upsets me is that if we had played our CONCACAF games with half the heart and fight we showed tonight, we probably would've won the group.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post

the dream is over. 1-1 in the Centenario is a fantastic result for CR or any other CONCACAF team, but at the end of the day, Ur-a-gay is going to South Africa and we're headed home.

what really upsets me is that if we had played our CONCACAF games with half the heart and fight we showed tonight, we probably would've won the group.

Sorry for you guys. Looks like the 3-4 game slide cost you the qualification.

We are limping to the WC. One deflected goal and another goal stained by a blatant hand to beat Ireland in a playoff round because we weren’t able to shake off powerhouses like Romania and Serbia is nothing to be proud of. A lot can happen before the WC obviously. Before 98 and 2006 we were not playing well at all before the competition started and the teams seem to rise to the occasion, so who knows.

Last night, we were missing Ribery, Abidal and Toulalan, but that can’t explain how fragile we were. Maybe if Vieira can stay healthy and be a starter for Inter, he can come back and at least be a locker room presence, if not play.

Banned
    FRANCE*

JetsFan2012
    I would have lol'ed heartily if Les Blows didn't qualify for the World Cup.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I would have lol'ed heartily if Les Blows didn't qualify for the World Cup.
    I think more people hate us than Italy now.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post

Yeah, I think we deserved at least a penalty shootout. Going into the game, I did not fancy our chances, but after we scored I really thought we were back in it. Right now I still feel numb...it has not sunk in yet!!!