Thread: Pettitte tells teammates he'd like to come back

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Pettitte tells teammates he'd like to come back

http://twitter.com/SI_JonHeyman

Nothing definite yet, but Andy Pettitte apparently told Yankees teammates he'd like to come back for 1 more year.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he wants to come back, you gotta get him back. Don't think that the three kids (Joba, Hughes, Kennedy) are all going to pan out as Big League starters you can count on every 5 days. Maybe one or two of them will. The other(s), to the pen. Who the hell knows what Wang is going to come back and be.

Sign him for one more!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get Pettitte back, he still can pitch a good game.

1-Sabathia
    2-Burnett
    3-Pettitte
    4-Chamberlain
    5-Hughes

Would be the rotation as of now, I have no clue to what the Yankees plans are for Hughes or Chamberlain in regards if one is going to be in the pen.

We'll have to wait and see with Wang, I wouldn't pencil him in a spot. He has to work his way back to the majors, IDK if hes going to be healthy in time for ST.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chamberlin and Hughes are on pitch counts and innings limits next year, what about the idea of one starts in the bullpen and 1 as the starter and they reverse rolls in the 2nd half to keep their innings down? would this work?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Going forward, the Yankees need to consider anything they ever again get out of Wang a bonus. At this point, he is not considered part of the 2010 rotation, so forget him. I wouldn't even be shocked if they declined to offer him arbitration and he walked.

Joba is definitely part of your full season plans in the rotation, and Hughes for at least part of the season (he's probably going to be Joba of '09).

I'm all for re-signing Andy to a 1 year deal, and then supplement the rotation with a free agent that you would consider an improvement over the likes of Mitre or Gaudin, but not necessarily a big time guy.

Sabathia
    Burnett
    Pettitte
    Chamberlain
    Hughes

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    Chamberlin and Hughes are on pitch counts and innings limits next year, what about the idea of one starts in the bullpen and 1 as the starter and they reverse rolls in the 2nd half to keep their innings down? would this work?
    Joba is good for at least 200 innings next year but Phil is way behind that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadLover View Post
    Joba is good for at least 200 innings next year but Phil is way behind that.
    Hughes actually is that far behind him. I believe I read that he's in line for 170-180 innings.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do think Pettitte will be back on another one-year deal. Outside of the fatigue he felt in September, it seemed that he felt very good this year as opposed to years past. I believe he'll be back and a big part of our rotation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    Chamberlain will be a normal starter next year. No he won't throw 120 pitches a game, but besides guys like CC, nobody does. Joba can throw 200 innings next year - the only concern with him is staying healthy and that he can sharpen his stuff.

Hughes will be on the innings limit next year, but that shouldn't be much of an issue.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they get the Andy deal done before the 15 days.. Even though I heard that Cashman said that they don't expect to get anything done in that time, we are talking about Andy Pettitte here, he can BS all he wants to. I think it happens sooner than later.