Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ken Rosenthal: Mets discussing 3-way deal

Ken Rosenthal: Mets discussing 3-way deal

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/1...-in-3-way-deal

Blue Jays get: Milton Bradley

Mets get: Lyle Overbay

Cubs get: Luis Castillo
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 11-09-2009 at 08:41 PM.

Rookie
    Cubs steal Castillo from us????
    I won't have this

All League
    Eh, it's good to sell Castillo when his value is high but Overbay? 1B needs to have more pop than that if he's gonna play every day.

As long as we dont get Bradley in return

Quote Originally Posted by Icer View Post
    Eh, it's good to sell Castillo when his value is high but Overbay? 1B needs to have more pop than that if he's gonna play every day.

As long as we dont get Bradley in return
    Overbay isn't going to lose any home runs in Citi Field, when he hits them... he hits them. Another good thing about him is he has a real good glove, solid defense.

His big problem is he can't hit left handed pitching.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 11-09-2009 at 08:56 PM.

I'd assume the Jays would get Bradley+cash in that deal. Either way, seems like a fine deal, and the Mets could then sign Orlando Hudson to play 2B - although it's not like he's that great of a player anymore. Hell, Castillo probably was a tad better than Hudson last year.

Figgins could play 2B...

I'd be happy just to get rid of Castillo.....

I'm not a huge Overbay fan, but I'm not expecting all that much in return for Castillo anyways. I suppose he would make a fine one-year stop gap at 1B until Ike Davis is ready, but I'd rather give Murphy a shot though personally. Who knows, maybe Murphy won't be here next year either.

As for 2B, while I suspect it'd be Orlando Hudson (Who by the way still had 40 points in OPS on Castillo and better D, albeit still a concern), I'm rooting for Felipe Lopez personally. Either way, keep it to a 2 year deal max.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Overbay isn't going to lose any home runs in Citi Field, when he hits them... he hits them. Another good thing about him is he has a real good glove, solid defense.

His big problem is he can't hit left handed pitching.
    Exactly why Evans would be a perfect platoon mate. Plus it frees Murph up to deal for an arm. Most importantly, it gets Castillo out of town. That is its own reward

I like..... he's the perfect 1 yr stopgap before Ike. Also would LOVE to see them go for Uggla. Do this trade for Uggla, try for Holliday then focus on pitching.

Reyes-Overbay-Beltran-Holliday-Wright-Uggla-Francoeur-whoevers catching

3-7 all have the potential to hit over 30 HRs healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105 View Post
    I like..... he's the perfect 1 yr stopgap before Ike. Also would LOVE to see them go for Uggla. Do this trade for Uggla, try for Holliday then focus on pitching.

Reyes-Overbay-Beltran-Holliday-Wright-Uggla-Francoeur-whoevers catching

3-7 all have the potential to hit over 30 HRs healthy.
    Yankees fan, but that would be a nice looking line up

If I were a Mets fan I'd sign Figgins to play 2b rather than trading something decent/good for Uggla (unless he's a FA?)

Figgins and Reyes at the top of the lineup would generate alot of runs IMO

Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Yankees fan, but that would be a nice looking line up

If I were a Mets fan I'd sign Figgins to play 2b rather than trading something decent/good for Uggla (unless he's a FA?)

Figgins and Reyes at the top of the lineup would generate alot of runs IMO
    Would LOVE Figgins but I doubt he'd play second.

Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105 View Post
    Would LOVE Figgins but I doubt he'd play second.
    I hope the Yankees sign him to play LF personally, but why wouldn't he play 2b? For the right money, I'm sure he would, he's played there before....

Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    I hope the Yankees sign him to play LF personally, but why wouldn't he play 2b? For the right money, I'm sure he would, he's played there before....
    Figgins in LF? Why not just play Gardner out there?

Jets Insider VIP
    Figgins could play 2B...
    Figgins is most certainly going back to the Angels to play 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by Chica me Tipo View Post
    Figgins in LF? Why not just play Gardner out there?
    Figgins is an actual proven MLB player...

Figgins is an actual proven MLB player...
    Correct...

Figgins has proven to hit 300 in the major leagues while Gardner couldn't get close to that right now.

Figgins is a winning player in this league and cares a great deal about winning. He's exactly what the Mets need in my opinion.

I'm a Yanks fan, and if things didn't work out this year, I'd let both Damon and Matsui go and get Figgins. becuase they won the world series, i try to keep everything the same.

Overbay is also a heart guy, and another type of player that you want in the clubhouse. He has his faults, but there are definitely positives with him.

I'll say for the record I want nothing to do with the overrated Chone Figgins, who will get a contract that will look horrendous within a year after he signs it.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    I'll say for the record I want nothing to do with the overrated Chone Figgins, who will get a contract that will look horrendous within a year after he signs it.
    Switch hitter who plays multiple positions, hits for average, gets on base, steals 40+ bags.

Overrated, by who? Anyways.. I think he's a solid baseball player.

Figgins is a career .751 OPS hitter, who you guys want to plug into LF (A position he has never played well, and has much higher offensive expectations then his current position does). Gardner on the other hand, we know can play a Great OF, and put up a .724 OPS (In essentially his rookie year) last year with comperable speed in limited playing time.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, but that's not who the Yankees should be going after. They'd be better off giving Gardner a larger role if Speed is what they're trying to obtain.

And the Mets need Power, so he's not a fit there either.

All Pro
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/1...-in-3-way-deal

Blue Jays get: Milton Bradley

Mets get: Lyle Overbay

Cubs get: Luis Castillo
    If the Bluejays agree to this deal the would be the stupidest organization on earth.