Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: Spike Lee EXPOSED

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,089
    Post Thanks / Like

    Spike Lee EXPOSED

    Who else saw during the Knick game where he was boasting about the Yankee hat he "designed" and the parade, the woman interviewing him goes "Didn't you used to be a Met fan". To watch him studder and turn red was priceless. Anybody that considers this guy to be a real fan of anything is lost.

  2. #2
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't he ditch the Knicks for the Lakers?

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,089
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Didn't he ditch the Knicks for the Lakers?
    Yep, I heard something about that. Can't stand him, such a disgrace.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,031
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105 View Post
    Who else saw during the Knick game where he was boasting about the Yankee hat he "designed" and the parade, the woman interviewing him goes "Didn't you used to be a Met fan". To watch him studder and turn red was priceless. Anybody that considers this guy to be a real fan of anything is lost.
    Wow, he turned red? I would have definitely paid for that one...

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105 View Post
    Yep, I heard something about that. Can't stand him, such a disgrace.
    Don't think that's true at all. He was doing a movie with Kobe and naturally was rooting for Kobe. But his team is the Knicks - the other rooting is business.

    Have no clue about his Yankee vs. Met love nor do I care. Hell, I could care less about who he likes in basketball.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,736
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't say I know much about Spike Lee's rooting preferences outside of the Knicks and what I've seen recently with the Yankees, nor do I particularly care. But, the other day when the showed the Subway Series recap special that they release on DVD/tape after every World Series, I distinctly remember Spike being shown in full Yankee attire. That's all I'm going on though, he could very well be one of the many fickle "fans" that populate the area.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,670
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Didn't he ditch the Knicks for the Lakers?
    What's wrong with that?

    I mean everyone here knows I'm a Detroit Red Wings, NY Yankees, LA Lakers, and Pittsburgh Steelers fan, right?

    (Ding Dong!)

    Be right back, that must be FedEx at the door with my Drew Brees jersey!

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    and this is relevant why? seriously who cares..

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Didn't he ditch the Knicks for the Lakers?



    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...FL._SS500_.jpg
    Last edited by C Mart; 11-12-2009 at 10:24 AM.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spike Lee has been a die-hard knicks fan his entire life. Before and after it became trendy to be a Knicks fan in New York. He's been a Yankees fan since before the bandwagon started in 1996. He showed up to a parade for when the Mets won the world series and that's where that question came from.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,089
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Spike Lee has been a die-hard knicks fan his entire life. Before and after it became trendy to be a Knicks fan in New York. He's been a Yankees fan since before the bandwagon started in 1996. He showed up to a parade for when the Mets won the world series and that's where that question came from.
    You defending Spike Lee? How surprising. Knicks look great this season.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,633
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105 View Post
    You defending Spike Lee? How surprising. Knicks look great this season.
    Why not defend Spike Lee? The guy is an outstanding Knicks fan, sitting front row almost every game to watch one of the worst debacles of the entire decade in the NBA.

    Who cares if he is a fickle Yankees fan. Most of the celebrity Yankees fans you see are that way. You have to admire his passion for the Knicks, and that's enough for me.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I remember him saying him say he liked both teams, but said he didn't like how the Mets fired Willie Randolph, so he may be done with them, I dunno.

    Not sure why anyone cares.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    469
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guy made one good movie and people are still talking about him. Just give it a rest.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Boru View Post
    Guy made one good movie and people are still talking about him. Just give it a rest.
    Which one? Any of these?

    Malcolm X
    Inside Man
    Miracle at St. Anna
    Summer of Sam
    New Jersey Drive
    When the Levees Broke (HBO doc)

    None of these a great movies, but decent.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Which one? Any of these?

    Malcolm X
    Inside Man
    Miracle at St. Anna
    Summer of Sam
    New Jersey Drive
    When the Levees Broke (HBO doc)

    None of these a great movies, but decent.
    not a big Spike Lee fan at all but 25th hour was pretty good.
    Clockers and He Got Game were decent as well

  17. #17
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105 View Post
    Who else saw during the Knick game where he was boasting about the Yankee hat he "designed" and the parade, the woman interviewing him goes "Didn't you used to be a Met fan". To watch him studder and turn red was priceless. Anybody that considers this guy to be a real fan of anything is lost.
    Thank god someone finally got to the bottom of this.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,633
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Thank god someone finally got to the bottom of this.
    Jesus I hate to agree with the Pats* fan, (unless he is a Red Socks fan also), but honestly this bloke is right. Who cares???

    By the way, who is dissing on Spike Lee's movies? I can't count 10 other modern directors who are better than he is.

    Mets fans get out of here, the dude is talented in directing, he is passionate about a pathetically losing basketball team, and he happened to show himself in New Yankee Stadium. He makes movies that are some of the best of our decade.

    Go cry a river.

  19. #19
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    93
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Do the Right Thing" is one of the greatest films of the last 25 years. Easily. He's made many good films since then but that movie is an honest classic, no matter how you interpret the ending. Malcolm X, Clockers, Inside Man, Bamboozled, He Got Game, Jungle Fever, and She's Gotta Have It are all very, very good films, but Do the Right Thing is absolutely incredible. Who cares about his baseball fandom? The guy is good at what he does, lets leave it at that.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,633
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by odb576 View Post
    "Do the Right Thing" is one of the greatest films of the last 25 years. Easily. He's made many good films since then but that movie is an honest classic, no matter how you interpret the ending. Malcolm X, Clockers, Inside Man, Bamboozled, He Got Game, Jungle Fever, and She's Gotta Have It are all very, very good films, but Do the Right Thing is absolutely incredible. Who cares about his baseball fandom? The guy is good at what he does, lets leave it at that.
    this

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us