Just passing on something I got in an e-mail:

TO: North Shore-LIJ Employees
President & CEO
RE: NY Islanders/Children’s Hospital Fundraiser
DATE: November 10, 2009

As some of you know, I’m a huge hockey fan and an Islanders’ season ticket holder. The North Shore-LIJ Health System and the Islanders have been terrific partners for many years.

This season we’ve teamed up with the New York Islanders to create a great fundraiser for Schneider Children’s Hospital -- and a great time for our employees through the New York Islanders Hockey With A Heart campaign.

For each ticket purchased through this campaign, the Islanders will donate $10 to the Children’s Hospital. If each of us, our friends or family members purchase just four tickets to any game during the first half of the season, we can raise more than $1 million. In addition, the Islanders are offering us an extra $15 discount on each ticket, so you’ll also benefit from doing the right thing.

The promotion is simple; just CLICK HERE to go directly to the ticket-ordering page. You can buy tickets at any available price level to any game this season. But this is a limited time offer. The sale begins today (November 10) and ends on Tuesday, November 17 at 12 noon.

I hope you’ll join us and attend at least one game this year. I’m sure you’ll have a great time with your friends and family.